New Super Luigi U

Considering that NSMB2 was their first time doing DLC, and I've heard good thing about the Fire Emblem: Awakening DLC content-wise, I assume this will be a good content update. Only problem is the price.

Baby Luigi said:
Teruteru Hanamura said:
you can only play as mario in the main story, so i don't understand why it's baffling for them to have an only-luigi restriction especially when, with the few details we have right now, mario may well be the second player character

Then that's a stupid decision on Nintendo's part. If anything, all characters should be a choice at this point of time, especially if all characters play the same.

I dunno from the whole DLC thing. New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't a particularly impressive game. The DLC? Wasn't that great for what it's worth. I just have a hunch that game developers will just be abusing DLC to get some cash.
I don't mind a special episode for Luigi. However, the lack of creativity in story formula or that we can't play as characters besides Mario have been discussed for time. These facts should be the defects of the game itself, which should be improved in the game, not an additional DLC to solve these things.

We haven't known how Nintendo would make their DLC system work. I'm only afriad that what fans expect is far from the DLC, which possibly don't cost the staff any time or creativity.

Mega Morg said:
Baby Luigi said:
Well, LGM would be pretty sad playing as Luigi. Mario for her is like Baby Luigi for me.
tell her to get over it...
WAIT.
WHAT.
SHE'S A GIRL.

Quick question.
What is the price?

Baby Luigi said:
I dunno from the whole DLC thing. New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't a particularly impressive game. The DLC? Wasn't that great for what it's worth. I just have a hunch that game developers will just be abusing DLC to get some cash.
I second this. NSMB2 DLC was a pile of turd with nothing new and just some new levels. It's like Hello clones!

Something tells me that New Super Luigi U will be a 1-player only game, seeing as you can only use Luigi in it.

Samus Aran said:
seems pretty true to me, you're getting upset/butthurt/bent out of shape because it doesnt make you the happiest person ever due to a dlc release, hell you're whining about something that is entirely optional and just there for the heck of it.

So quite frankly, my point is pretty true.

Also funfact: dlc is a method to mostly get cash while giving some players something else to do.

Hardly any dlc is ever free and when it is, it sucks.
Counterargument: Portal 2.

MnSG said:
Something tells me that New Super Luigi U will be a 1-player only game, seeing as you can only use Luigi in it.

Either that, or they'll have palette swaps like in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

Baby Luigi said:
Teruteru Hanamura said:
you can only play as mario in the main story, so i don't understand why it's baffling for them to have an only-luigi restriction especially when, with the few details we have right now, mario may well be the second player character

Then that's a stupid decision on Nintendo's part. If anything, all characters should be a choice at this point of time, especially if all characters play the same.

Mahiru Koizumi said:
How would it be fun if all of the maps and every level were Luigi themed. That's incredibly boring. Luigi going off on his own adventure in a different string of maps (difficult ones, as the previews show) actually make is seem like Luigi has some dependence and is capable of functioning apart from Mario. Due to that, I fail to see why having only Luigi is a viable complaint. In addition, I also don't see strong logic behind demanding 'impressive and memorable level design' from the DLC. My opinion is that if you thought the base game had fun enough levels to purchase and play that, there should be no reason for you to even think that the Luigi DLC level designs will not be just as good.

The first statement is a clearly subjective statement. Personally, I think a Luigi-themed world would be very creative and fun. Think about it: you stomp on Green Goombas wearing Luigi hats. Koopa Troopas that dress like Luigi. Luigi heads are used as platforms

Maybe my idea is a little bit overdoing the whole Luigi thing, but it's certainly a break from the cookie-cutter world map themes we keep getting in every New Super Mario Bros. game.

Mega Morg said:
Baby Luigi said:
Well, LGM would be pretty sad playing as Luigi. Mario for her is like Baby Luigi for me.

Yup, she's the one who says, "MARIO NEEDS MORE FAN ATTENTION WAAAAAAHHHH!" when I know many other characters who has yet to appear in the main Mario series.

Samus Aran said:
it seems to me that some people are just butthurt that the dlc isn't a godly gift of the universe.

Using exaggerations like that won't strengthen your stance.
Here's an idea: Luigi founds "Luigi Land", a new amusement park in the Mushroom Kingdom. But Bowser decides to take a break from stealing princesses and has a hankering for some fun roller coaster riding.. So he takes over Luigi Land. You have to purge the amusement park of enemies, with bosses based on the rides they inhabit, and saving customers, (like saving the Toads in NSMBW).
And the final boss battle would kind of be like SMW, except in one of those giant circus tents.

The Wind Mage said:
Baby Luigi said:
Teruteru Hanamura said:

Mahiru Koizumi said:
How would it be fun if all of the maps and every level were Luigi themed. That's incredibly boring. Luigi going off on his own adventure in a different string of maps (difficult ones, as the previews show) actually make is seem like Luigi has some dependence and is capable of functioning apart from Mario. Due to that, I fail to see why having only Luigi is a viable complaint. In addition, I also don't see strong logic behind demanding 'impressive and memorable level design' from the DLC. My opinion is that if you thought the base game had fun enough levels to purchase and play that, there should be no reason for you to even think that the Luigi DLC level designs will not be just as good.

The first statement is a clearly subjective statement. Personally, I think a Luigi-themed world would be very creative and fun. Think about it: you stomp on Green Goombas wearing Luigi hats. Koopa Troopas that dress like Luigi. Luigi heads are used as platforms

Maybe my idea is a little bit overdoing the whole Luigi thing, but it's certainly a break from the cookie-cutter world map themes we keep getting in every New Super Mario Bros. game.

Mega Morg said:
Baby Luigi said:

Yup, she's the one who says, "MARIO NEEDS MORE FAN ATTENTION WAAAAAAHHHH!" when I know many other characters who has yet to appear in the main Mario series.

Samus Aran said:
it seems to me that some people are just butthurt that the dlc isn't a godly gift of the universe.

Using exaggerations like that won't strengthen your stance.
Here's an idea: Luigi founds "Luigi Land", a new amusement park in the Mushroom Kingdom. But Bowser decides to take a break from stealing princesses and has a hankering for some fun roller coaster riding.. So he takes over Luigi Land. You have to purge the amusement park of enemies, with bosses based on the rides they inhabit, and saving customers, (like saving the Toads in NSMBW).
And the final boss battle would kind of be like SMW, except in one of those giant circus tents.
I like that idea to be honest.

Baby Luigi said:
You're clearly exaggerating again. When did I ever say that this DLC exists and I am so depressed about it that I want to slit my wrists? How can this in any way make me the "happiest person ever", if if it did met my expectations?

Sometimes, games don't last long enough to get much enjoyment. What else can you do in New Super Mario Bros. U after you beat everything? Having DLC will surely increase the longevity of the game. This? Not sure if it cuts it or not.

Basically, you're just jumping to conclusions. I even explicitly stated that I MIGHT consider it if the levels turn out excellent, and excellent by MY standards, not yours.

well.....

Anyway, so i'm guessing luigi has to rescue mario from bowser instead of rescuing peach or somthing else. I guess we'll see.

If rescue Peach: I'll stop paying attention to stories in the Mario stories.
If rescue Mario: I'll be fine
If rescue Daisy: That would be awesome.

The DLC will most likely be on the hard side as well.

Bring on the difficulty, I want to see some extremely difficult levels like the special levels from super mario world. Remember the level TUBULAR, still gives me goosebumps.

U freak said:
Bring on the difficulty, I want to see some extremely difficult levels like the special levels from super mario world. Remember the level TUBULAR, still gives me goosebumps.
Not unless you had Blue Yoshi and Cape feathers. But collecting the dragon coins in that level.... No

Only Tubular seemed to be the toughest Super Mario World level, by my perspective. However, levels that tough have never really been around since then.

Nintendo tried to make some tough levels for new super mario bros 2 dlc, saying that "only true veterans of mario games will be able to beat". These dlc levels pale in comparison to levels like TUBULAR.

I think nintendo has forgotten how to make some difficult levels imo.

YoshiGo99 said:
U freak said:
Not unless you had Blue Yoshi and Cape feathers. But collecting the dragon coins in that level.... No

How did the blue yoshi change things? Just curious.

U freak said:
YoshiGo99 said:
U freak said:

How did the blue yoshi change things? Just curious.
A cape I believe.

U freak said:
Nintendo tried to make some tough levels for new super mario bros 2 dlc, saying that "only true veterans of mario games will be able to beat". These dlc levels pale in comparison to levels like TUBULAR.

I think nintendo has forgotten how to make some difficult levels imo.

The problem is that the only purpose the Impossible Pack serves is the sake of being hard. That's not fun at all.

Also, the Impossible Pack is DLC material, so that doesn't apply to the main game. Pendulum Castle, on the other hand, is a main game level, and it's one of the hardest levels in New Super Mario Bros. U.

Back