Votes: 7 10.3%
  • It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
I do want another open 3D Mario game, the problem is that they don't sell as much.

NSY said:
I do want another open 3D Mario game, the problem is that they don't sell as much.

You also got to understand that the NSMB games for the consoles sell great because of multi-player bonus, and handhelds are all the rage in Japan. Honestly though, I'm pretty sure that they make a new open 3D Mario game, they will bring a lot of people to the Wii U.

Anser said:
PlayStation 4 said:
This is last Mario that Miyamoto will work on it then he will retire from Mario and work on his Wii U's project

YEEEEEESSSSS

You know, Miyamoto has done a lot of things. I mean, yes, he has made decisions like Sticker Star and the rehashing of NSMB games, but honestly, SM3DW actually looks like what amazing works he has done, and without Miyamoto, it would be very rough.

And again, the person read the article wrong. He might be leaving the next mario game, meaning he might not, and that never said that he would be leaving Mario forever. Just because he would be leaving the next main Mario game doesn't mean that he's just going to completely leave them. He is simply wanting to work on his smaller projects first and get them out, and will probably go back to Mario.

Honestly, I think Miyamoto will be around for many more years to come.

Miyamoto is kind of the main reason that Nintendo doesn't produce games with a rating higher than E.

though to be honest I'd rather not have a game that's like CoD or anything, so I'm alright with him sticking around

Colonel Harland Sanders said:
Delelelele Whoop said:
Miyamoto is kind of the main reason that Nintendo doesn't produce games with a rating higher than E.
Excuse me?

Your excused Colonel sanders.

To much fried chicken?

Delelelele Whoop said:

Which is a great thing.

And, there are a few Mario games that have a higher rating than E, but they aren't developed by Nintendo, so...

Mario Party X said:
Delelelele Whoop said:

Which is a great thing.

And, there are a few Mario games that have a higher rating than E, but they aren't developed by Nintendo, so...
E10: Mario Strikers series, Mario and Luigi series, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, Punch-Out!! 2009, etc.
T: A select few Zelda and Metroid games, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl, etc.
M: Conker's Bad Fur Day, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (idk if that last one counts)

Mario Party X said:
Delelelele Whoop said:

Which is a great thing.

E10: Mario Strikers series, Mario and Luigi series, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, Punch-Out!! 2009, etc.
T: A select few Zelda and Metroid games, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl, etc.
M: Conker's Bad Fur Day, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (idk if that last one counts)

I was talking about Mario games developed by Nintendo, but yeah, you can add to my point.

Plus, Bayonetta 2...

Mario Party X said:
Delelelele Whoop said:

Which is a great thing.

Those are games NOT developed by nintendo. Miyamoto had no hand in developement of these games.

Other than Link, Metroid, and possibly Punch-Out!!, Nintendo did not develop the other games either.

Conker was created by Rare, which was a second party developer for Nintendo.

Eternal Darkness was produced by Miyamoto.

Twin Snakes had Miyamoto on the guided developer team with Hideo Kojima

So no, they weren't developed by Nintendo per se, but they're still Nintendo games.

Mario Party X said:
Other than Link, Metroid, and possibly Punch-Out!!, Nintendo did not develop the other games either.

Haven't you ever heard of second party developers? i.e Alphadream, Intelligent systems, Sora.

Also Nintendo had no say in conker's bad fur day. That was rare's own sick, twisted idea of a game. That game should be permabanned from exsistance.

Dimitri said:
Mario Party X said:

Haven't you ever heard of second party developers? i.e Alphadream, Intelligent systems, Sora.

Intelligent Systems is first-party.

Dimitri said:
Mario Party X said:

Yes, but nobody defined Nintendo, so I assumed that the post was talking about Nintendo itself, not its branches.

i guess people will just argue about whatever untill the next news flash about 3d world is presented.

some things never change

This game looks so epic, but I don't have a Wii U :'(

Dimitri said:
That was rare's own sick, twisted idea of a game. That game should be permabanned from exsistance.

What are you EVEN talking about? That game was AWESOME, epic and extremely fun. Easily one of the best Nintendo 64 games. A total classic.

Anser said:
Dimitri said:
That was rare's own sick, twisted idea of a game. That game should be permabanned from exsistance.

What are you EVEN talking about? That game was AWESOME, epic and extremely fun. Easily one of the best Nintendo 64 games. A total classic.

Yeah that's like saying GTA is a bad game because of the violence and the bad stuff it contains :/

BananaFreak said:
Dimitri said:
That game should be permabanned from exsistance.

I hope you meant Sticker Star.
He meant Conker.

And I liked Conker. What was wrong with it?

From what I have heared some people thought it was some kind of Banjo-Kazzoie clone and bought it.

It wasn't.

Dimitri said:
Also Nintendo had no say in conker's bad fur day. That was rare's own sick, twisted idea of a game. That game should be permabanned from exsistance.
Hey man, let's not say things we can't take back.

Also, they would have had a say with regards to what content could be shown / not shown on their console. I read a development blog from Chris Marlow (I think, or somebody else from the CBFD team) that talked about that sort of thing. Maybe I should dig it up because it was a good read, from memory.

Oh and also Nintendo of Europe refused to publish Conker in Europe, so it was published by THQ here.

Back