Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
i wasn't the slightest interested

then they showed peach playable

my reaction:

"ASDF ASDF ASDF ASDF"

This is making me slightly worried they're trying to homogenize the 3D games, NSMB-style.

Generic modern Mario paint+"nostalgic" character/power-up/mechanics is a formula that is seriously getting trite. Where's the ambition?

Glowsquid said:
This is making me slightly worried they're trying to homogenize the 3D games, NSMB-style.

Generic modern Mario paint+"nostalgic" character/power-up/mechanics is a formula that is seriously getting trite. Where's the ambition?

I agree; pretty soon they'll make a Super Mario 3D World 2 for the Wii U as well, and Super Mario 3D Land 2 for the 3DS and we'll all be like "What the hell?"

Though as I said about NSMBU, I think that it won't be as bad as Super Mario 3D Land was, and so hopefully there'll be stuff we can enjoy in this game. I mean, Peach is playable, and proves she is not kidnapped once in like the last 5 years, so we can all enjoy that.

Wow; all seemed quiet on the Mario front (with that slew of games we've just had. Was still wondering when DLC for SMB3DLand would come out), and now, suddenly on my FB wall, SMB3DW!

Things I notice:

Clear pipes!
Cat Mario can land lower down on the pole and climb to the top.

With Princess as playable, they might do like SMB3, and have her kidnapped in the last world.
From seeing that purple king (who's obviously a villain), that gave me too the sense of him being a replacement for Bowser, but I don't really think so. Probably just a new underboss replacing koopalings or something. (He and those other things around him who they are hopping on look like evil Yoshi's or something, and that amulet he wears around his neck sure smacks of Wart!)

(Will this be what prompts me to get Wii U? Then, I'll have to catch up with SMBWU as well!)

Eric B said:
Wow; all seemed quiet on the Mario front (with that slew of games we've just had. Was still wondering when DLC for SMB3DLand would come out), and now, suddenly on my FB wall, SMB3DW!

Things I notice:

Clear pipes!
Cat Mario can land lower down on the pole and climb to the top.

With Princess as playable, they might do like SMB3, and have her kidnapped in the last world.
From seeing that purple king (who's obviously a villain), that gave me too the sense of him being a replacement for Bowser, but I don't really think so. Probably just a new underboss replacing koopalings or something. (He and those other things around him who they are hopping on look like evil Yoshi's or something, and that amulet he wears around his neck sure smacks of Wart!)

(Will this be what prompts me to get Wii U? Then, I'll have to catch up with SMBWU as well!)

i dont know, there is bowser flags everywhere, bowser´s minions, and the boss is just that...a boss, i think we are gonna see bowser with some original plot...maybe

So we have Raccoon Mario, Tanooki Mario, Flying Squirrel Mario, and now Cat Mario? What is it with Nintendo wanting to make Mario turn into animals? peta's gonna be pissed

In all honesty tho, this looks really neat, actually. It's pretty cool to see Peach as a playable character in a platformer for the first time in a while, and as other people said, we can only hope the plot will be different. And I think this will work very well on the Wii U and'll basically be like an HD 3D Land of sorts, with new enemies and mechanics.

I don't really have an emotion on the cat powerup, but Peach being playable is kinda awesome

Wait, what about Daisy, she hasn't been in main games for ages

Re: New Super Mario 3D Title announced

No we do not need two threads for this, mods please merge.

Yoshikong, you do know I've already made a thread when this was revealed.

I am actually impressed, my problems though is the game being too easy and the ame being too short.

NSY said:

I am actually impressed, my problems though is the game being too easy and the ame being too short.

2 things

1. how do you know if it's easy
2. what if this has 15 different worlds with 20 levels in each

The Undertaker said:
NSY said:

2 things

1. how do you know if it's easy
2. what if this has 15 different worlds with 20 levels in each

Yes...its a console game after all, maybe we can see a diferent story (peach is playable), a better world pacing, and (confirmed) better bosses that just boom booms and so far looks great for me

I thought this was a 3DS game for a minute. Anyway, I love Mario 3D Land but this kinda disappointed me. I was expecting something epic like Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy. Not a rehash of a 3DS game. At least Peach is playable, that's a big plus. Also, is it just me or was the playable Toad blue?

miyamoto just confirmed the tanooki suit will return for this game on the gametrailers live stream thing

I was expecting a Mario game like Super Mario Galaxy, though it looks cool. I hope we will get more than 4 characters.

The Undertaker said:
miyamoto just confirmed the tanooki suit will return for this game on the gametrailers live stream thing

It also appeared during the E3 trailer.

I'm a bit disappointed that it's another 3D Land-type game instead of a Super Mario 64 game, but I'm ecstatic that it's the first simultaneous 4-player game on a 3D plane. Plus, we have Peach and Toad playable, which is certain to make my sister happy! Coincidentally, we were playing Super Mario Advance yesterday and praised how Peach and Toad are playable and not silly damsels in distress.

Peach and Toad being playable is a step in the right direction.

Still, I'd like to have some forgotten enemies, like those in Subcon and Super Mario Land 1 & 2...

I think i can understand/explain why they went to 3D land concept again.

Miyamoto always wanted a full 3D Mario multiplayer since mario 64, he finally made a 2D Mario Multiplayer in NSMBWii, but a 3D Multiplayer is difficult, he didnt wanted a split screen (neither i really) and wanted full coop, in a full open world the player will do diferents things insted do a real co-op.

3D Land mix the 3D world with a 2D style gameplay, so, miyamoto and the team saw this as a pefect oportunity to made a multiplayer in a 3d game, all have the same objetive and its easier to control were the player can go, and with now with the 3d, the characters can have thier diferents abilities because in a 2d it can be very annoying to each character to have diferent move, in a 3d evioment the characters have more freedom and they cant interfere with the other.

other thing...peach is smaller in 3d world D:

Back