• It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Re: New Super Mario 3D Title announced

I honestly don't think SMB3 is that special. I never really enjoyed it and I consider it to be pretty overrated.

I really don't want another NSMB game myself. Another Sunshine would be ok, I suppose.

NSY said:
I really hope this is original. This could be the key to putting the series back on track.

>put headline in topic title

>no link

you're fired

C0ng5n8.jpg

That was like the most of topic post I've come across in while.

I would like to play Sunshine one day actually.

Samus Aran said:
Nice Cage said:
Samus Aran said:
Yeah it's bad to dislike something that is popular, I agree.

was that sarcasm

what does your heart tell you?

my heart says it wasn't but my brain says it was

I wonder where they're gonna go with it. After space, there's not much else unless they want to delve into alternate dimensions or something.

My guess is, if they aren't going with altering space this time, they might be doing something with time. Like, you see a jump that seems impossible to do without doing something else — like hitting a switch or so — but the switch runs out before you can get there. So then you have one Mario going to the switch and another Mario doing the jump.

Sounds really exciting for a brand new Super Mario game to be finally announced. I'm guessing it's gonna have much better graphics and maybe newer things will be added in the video game. I am really looking forward in this new Super Mario game!

I forgot to rant about this but...

Are they really categorizing SM3DL as a Super Mario 3D game? It is a Super Mario Land/NSMB-Esque game. I refuse I let Nintendo try to tell me otherwise.

There was no hubs, no stars/sprites, all were levels with time limit...it's not a mainstream 3D Super Mario platform.

Jacob said:
Sounds really exciting for a brand new Super Mario game to be finally announced.
lol "finally"

it seemed like five seconds for NSMB2 to come out, and it felt like centuries had passed until PMSS came out

they were both a pile of ass, but sticker star at least didn't smell as bad

...that was a really terrible comparison

Xerneas said:

Are they really categorizing SM3DL as a Super Mario 3D game? It is a Super Mario Land/NSMB-Esque game. I refuse I let Nintendo try to tell me otherwise.

There was no hubs, no stars/sprites, all were levels with time limit...it's not a mainstream 3D Super Mario platform.

Well, I remember Miyamoto calling it "A 3D Mario that plays like 2D Mario"

Purple Yoshi said:
Xerneas said:

and it was really fun

Purple Yoshi said:
Xerneas said:

better than galaxy at least

Oh no, please not Sunshine 2. I found Sunshine soooo boring. But I know that's just me.

I'd like a 3D game a la Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie. Big worlds to explore, many things to collect, different things to do. I hope it's not as linear as Galaxy and Galaxy 2 were.

I can imagine this new Super Mario game will be the most brilliant yet. Also, do you think Mario's overalls will have a denim texture like in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? I seem to think so.

I think that as long as we don't get our hopes up too much then we'll be fine.

I mean, I do think that it will be worthwhile, but I try not to think "this will be the best mario game yet" because then I start finding small things I didn't like about it, and I think that I'll stay away from the media on this game.

Once I found MarioWiki, I have found it hard not to learn everything about the game, even before it comes. This time, I'm just going to stand back and bit and I'll try not to snoop into it so much so that I'm not overrating it before it even comes out.

^Even by not looking at Super Mario Wiki in much depth, I still disliked Super Mario Galaxy 2

Back