• It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Re: New Super Mario 3D Title announced

I'm just interested to see information on this game, but that will have to wait for a month or so probably.

Crackin355 said:
I'm just interested to see information on this game, but that will have to wait for a month or so probably.

Yeah it's nice to see we will be getting another 3d title, i just hope its open though. Don't really care much for 3d linear platformers.

Samus Aran said:
videofreakboy91 said:
Samus Aran said:
videofreakboy91 said:
the mario series is already on the right track, NSY just seems not to like mario anymore, my bet is that you would still be dissapointed in it regardless when it's revealed, oh well. :)

I wouldn't really say on the right track.

It's constant spam of nsmb and other dreadful titles have brought many to question the mario series in general.

Then again a lot of people here don't bow down to nintendo just because they released another game either, or at least some people in this topic.

thank you, everyone (exaggeration) loves super mario galaxy 2 on every other site i visit, yet ironically on a MARIO forum, mostly everyone here hates it. certain members on this forums are just plain ol' negative, which is why i barely visit here anymore.

Yeah it's bad to dislike something that is popular, I agree.
people exxagerate with the nsmb titles, they released two this year, and i doubt we will see another in a while. none of their games were dreadful as of recent, i just find it weird that most people here are against mario when this is a mario forum. i come on here because i love mario not because i think the series is ruined. it makes no sense.

People don't think the series is ruined, but people are tired of nsmb in general. It repeats many of the same elements(such as same visual style and rehashed ost), it is not exarated in the least, there is good reason for people to dislike it. Many people also don't like paper mario sticker star because it lacks personality and many of the previous elements in the series that made paper mario what it was known for. MK7 wasn't liked much because of coin grinding and terrible character choices(although mario kart in general isn't really appreciated anyway), and to top it off mario party 9 made other horrible choices with lack of choices on the boards, bad character choices, and some other things.

People are allowed to be negative or dislike something, and why you think people come here to be negative about the mario series is quite stupid. Many people adore the mario series, such as myself, but everyone im sure still wants games with a bit more variety and effort put into them.
i agree that nintendo shouldn't have released two nsmb so close together and that they r really similar, but it's overall not a big deal. if nintendo has been doing this over the span of like 5-10 years, then we can talk. and the games are still fun and have their little things here and there. paper mario: sticker star was pretty dissapointing, i agree once again, but it was still fun, and people need to to think that this is a handheld, shigeru miyamoto explained his reasons in making the game like this, was it a good idea, not necessarily, but regardless, it's still a fun game. mk7 is not liked? see, that's the stuff i'm talking about, now that game really didn't have problems with it, what do you guys want? and mario kart in general is appreciated, idk why world you live on. and mario party 9 did change things, but at least they tried to spice up the series, and once again it wasn't that bad. i feel people here exxagerate, that's just my opinion. of course people are allowed to be negative and dislike something, but it just seems to me that people don't like mario anymore, not you necessarily, and it just baffles me as to why they are here, it kinda ruins the experience for other who want to not see such negatvity all the time, overall this forum is not that negative, but there are times i'm just tired of it. can certain things be changed in the mario series, of course, but overall i feel it's on the right track. it's far from being anywhere near to doom. my opinion.

Samus Aran said:
videofreakboy91 said:
Samus Aran said:
videofreakboy91 said:
the mario series is already on the right track, NSY just seems not to like mario anymore, my bet is that you would still be dissapointed in it regardless when it's revealed, oh well. :)

I wouldn't really say on the right track.

It's constant spam of nsmb and other dreadful titles have brought many to question the mario series in general.

Then again a lot of people here don't bow down to nintendo just because they released another game either, or at least some people in this topic.

thank you, everyone (exaggeration) loves super mario galaxy 2 on every other site i visit, yet ironically on a MARIO forum, mostly everyone here hates it. certain members on this forums are just plain ol' negative, which is why i barely visit here anymore.

Yeah it's bad to dislike something that is popular, I agree.
people exxagerate with the nsmb titles, they released two this year, and i doubt we will see another in a while. none of their games were dreadful as of recent, i just find it weird that most people here are against mario when this is a mario forum. i come on here because i love mario not because i think the series is ruined. it makes no sense.

People don't think the series is ruined, but people are tired of nsmb in general. It repeats many of the same elements(such as same visual style and rehashed ost), it is not exarated in the least, there is good reason for people to dislike it. Many people also don't like paper mario sticker star because it lacks personality and many of the previous elements in the series that made paper mario what it was known for. MK7 wasn't liked much because of coin grinding and terrible character choices(although mario kart in general isn't really appreciated anyway), and to top it off mario party 9 made other horrible choices with lack of choices on the boards, bad character choices, and some other things.

People are allowed to be negative or dislike something, and why you think people come here to be negative about the mario series is quite stupid. Many people adore the mario series, such as myself, but everyone im sure still wants games with a bit more variety and effort put into them.

it wasn't even bad, people make it seem like it was the worst game on here.

You don't pay much attention to you?

If we wanted to talk about the worst game on here we'd just look at nsmb2, hotel mario, yoshis island ds, marios time machine, mario is missing, m&l2: pit, or whatever other game that is actually bad.

SMG2 is disliked because it claims it was a sequel and just seemed like nothing more than expansion with lower quality ideas.

I myself haven't played it, but I don't like smg to begin with.
i mean it's fine to have your opinions, but those games aren't even that bad, what are you talking about?

Samus Aran said:
If we wanted to talk about the worst game on here we'd just look at nsmb2, hotel mario, yoshis island ds, Mario's time machine, mario is missing, m&l2: pit, or whatever other game that is actually bad.

M&L: PiT was an excellent game. It might not be the most liked M&L game, but they are all in the same ballpark, just with slightly different levels of love. I think PiT is one of the better Mario games in general.

But I wouldn't mind SMG3 as long as they add more variety to it, and return to a more centralized hub. My issue with SMG2 was that levels were quick and boring. And there were a lot of areas, but like 1 or 2 levels in each one. It got extremely boring to play through it, and then find the easy green stars.

I think it'd be neat if they had levels more like Super Mario 64, with more stars per level and having each one be able to be roamed.

Although I believe even the first Mario Galaxy was just as linear as 2, but I had fun playing them anyway.

i mean it's fine to have your opinions, but those games aren't even that bad, what are you talking about?

uh... yes they are.

M&LPIT was stupidly linear, the very fact of making a linear rpg is stupid enough, but combined with the retarded storyline of evil toads from space taking over time and such was dumb enough, and then the bosses were stupidly long as well. The worst of it as bros moves were just items and were pretty boring compared to super star saga.

Yoshis island ds is just something ive watched gameplay videos and listened to the ost.

The ost makes me wanna cringe, and is reason enough for me to keep from playing it, but apparently the level design is pretty atrocious too.

NSMB2 is once again using the vast similarities in the series, the game is retardily easy as well as you can get over 200 lives within the short time of world 2. Level design looks pretty bleak too and bosses also appear to be to the point of a joke.

Of course two of these are just merely observing, but judging from even those makes me dislike the games to a pretty huge extent.

Brony the 45th Nazgul of the great Sith Lords said:
I really don't care what it is,as long as it ain't New Super Mario Bros. 3D.

Watch it be New Super Mario Bros. 3D or something lackluster like that. Freaking Miyamoto doesn't seem to be able to think of anything different from that anymore (at least when talking about Mario. He's still got it for Zelda). I want him to retire so badly.

videofreakboy91 said:
i have a feeling you'll eat your words at this year's e3.
Are you saying there's something wrong with doubting Nintendo based off of their recent actions?

Samus Aran said:

uh... yes they are.

M&LPIT was stupidly linear, the very fact of making a linear rpg is stupid enough, but combined with the retarded storyline of evil toads from space taking over time and such was dumb enough, and then the bosses were stupidly long as well. The worst of it as bros moves were just items and were pretty boring compared to super star saga.

Yoshis island ds is just something ive watched gameplay videos and listened to the ost.

The ost makes me wanna cringe, and is reason enough for me to keep from playing it, but apparently the level design is pretty atrocious too.

NSMB2 is once again using the vast similarities in the series, the game is retardily easy as well as you can get over 200 lives within the short time of world 2. Level design looks pretty bleak too and bosses also appear to be to the point of a joke.

Of course two of these are just merely observing, but judging from even those makes me dislike the games to a pretty huge extent.
uhh... ok.

videofreakboy91 said:

They've done it before and they might do it again. Hope not, but it's possible.

yea but this is a new 3d mario. i can understand nsmb being dissapointing, but i don't think this new 3d mario will, well at least not to the people who have enjoyed their latest 3d titles. :)

videofreakboy91 said:
nope, just saying he will most likely be wrong. :)

If we want to get real here, the possibility of disappointment is higher depending on who it is.

The Possibility for me getting disappointed is pretty slim, since I'm not too picky about games, as long as they look even remotely fun.

The Possibility of someone who hates recent mario games getting disappointed is a lot higher, since the chances of Nintendo releasing a game similiar to how they have been is there.

Chilly said:
>worst game

>ml:pit

gtfo zae

keep up that attitude and ill just put you in a heating oven!

silly snowman!

is the metroid in ur avi the one that risked its life for her? if it is, it's so cute! :D

Samus Aran said:

uh... yes they are.

NSMB2 I agree with and YIDS was very annoying to play, but I completely disagree with PiT. You can say all you want about it, but since PM: SS is not on that list, then you can't use that linear statement to say it was bad (since that game was even more linear and an RPG).

But again, your opinion, I'll just completely disagree with you.

Nintendo has had many bad decisions, but hopefully they will get better...soon. Yarn Yoshi...ugh...maybe. I just want it to be E3 so I can pre-order all these games and find out more about those Zelda titles. Likewise, I hope I'm not going to be too disappointed with some of these games.

videofreakboy91 said:
is the metroid in ur avi the one that risked its life for her? if it is, it's so cute! :D

I'm not sure what I just read.

Xerneas said:
Samus Aran said:

uh... yes they are.

NSMB2 I agree with and YIDS was very annoying to play, but I completely disagree with PiT. You can say all you want about it, but since PM: SS is not on that list, then you can't use that linear statement to say it was bad (since that game was even more linear and an RPG).

not really, you could explore and there was actually stuff to do rather than HUR HUR COLLECT THE BEANS

but whateva man

Samus Aran said:
Xerneas said:
Samus Aran said:

uh... yes they are.

not really, you could explore and there was actually stuff to do rather than HUR HUR COLLECT THE BEANS

but whateva man

PM: SS > M&L: PiT

No. It's:

M&L: PiT >>> PM: SS

^You like Partners in Time only because Baby Mario is playable in it.

Right?

Gundam Tanaka said:
videofreakboy91 said:
Are you saying there's something wrong with doubting Nintendo based off of their recent actions?
Yes, you must love everything Nintendo does!
Iwata is God and Miyamoto is Jesus!

Back