Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

MnSG said:
Besides, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe really ****** up the stat balancing for the characters, as you literally have to go all Metal Mario or Pink Gold Peach for the best possible stat totals.
I haven't checked the MK8D stats in a while cause I stopped caring but

Doesn't the DK weight class have similar stats but more speed? Aren't they better?

T-Rex Mario said:
Toad-Party said:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe seems poinless to me. It is basically the DLCs on Mario Kart 8 but you don't need to buy them but you need the game and a Nintendo Switch which you are better of buying the DLCs.
New Battle Mode
New characters
New vehicle pieces
Cheaper than the original game with DLC

Seems better off buying the original to me.
Toad-Party means if you already have the Wii U version. Clearly, if you have neither, you'd wanna buy MK8D, but if you already have MK8, then you might not want to buy MK8D

MnSG said:
memoryman3 said:
Have you even played the new version? Metal Mario + Pink Gold Peach are good, but not that good.

I don't have the money to even buy a Nintendo Switch system right now. And practically every retail store that has a Nintendo Switch display does not let you play game demos.

With that said, I just have no reason to be getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, since you're not getting anything new with the GP cups; it literally reuses every single track from the original game.
Man I haven't actually played the game
but it's still fucked up
that's what you sound like

YoshiGo99 said:
I want it because of Battle mode and for King Boo and Dry Bones. I never worried about stats.

Me neither, especially because I haven't played the original, so I basically just go with everything that has acceleration and good drifting.

I got 3 stars in 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, and Mirror modes and started trying for 3 stars in 200cc. I got through the Mushroom Cup with relative ease. I had trouble in the Flower Cup, but I only had to restart twice (I think). I then went through the Star Cup painfully, having to restart 3 or 4 times. Then in the Special Cup, I agonizingly went though 5 or 6 tries, and gave up. I even switched out my combination for something with lower speed and higher acceleration, but to no avail. Rainbow Road was too much. But some day, I will unlock that Gold Mario.

Cheese Land is the most infuriating track for me to race on.

Rainbow Road Wii U does have two pretty brutal turns, the first left turn and the last turn before the finishing line are prime offenders.

Neo Bowser City is all right. Not hard and actually pretty fun for me to race on.

LeftyGreenMario said:

Rainbow Road Wii U does have two pretty brutal turns, the first left turn and the last turn before the finishing line are prime offenders.

Neo Bowser City is all right. Not hard and actually pretty fun for me to race on.
I didn't have too much trouble with Cheese Land.

You're absolutely right about those turns. I still haven't mastered the first one you mentioned.

Neo Bowser City actually caused me no trouble.

BTW, I unlocked Gold Mario! I was a little overdramatic in my other post, since I succeeded the next day. However, I had to practice Rainbow Road in VS. mode a lot before getting 3 stars on 200cc Special cup.

Oh no, Cheese land. I've been trying to get three star ranking on the crossing cup but this course prevented me from doing so. And just the time I came in first, I got unlucky on Animal Crossing.

And god, Wii U Rainbow Road is a hell lot harder then I remember it, now that I am a speeder at this game. Haven't even tried it in 200cc, wait and watch the frustration.

Although I perfectly remember trying to get a star ranking on the special cup for MKWii, and getting to first place in Rainbow Road in one try, so maybe it'll go the same.

Nothing will beat Mario Kart Wii for me.

My problem with Mario Kart 8 is that you don't really unlock anything by the winning any races, you need coins. That is rubbish.

You do unlock characters by winning races though. Sadly, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe took that away by making everyone playable right off the bat.

I don't see it as a big issue though, it doesn't affect the game by much, even though now most of the cups are purposeless.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Forget what I said about Neo Bowser City. Cheese Land takes the crown of 'the hardest 200cc course'.
That held me back from getting a 3 star rank.

It's interesting that people dislike 200cc Cheese Land, I didn't play a whole lot of 200cc but I vividly remember loving that track (and only that track) on 200cc and didn't think it was difficult compared to some of the other tracks I tried on that speed.

Might have been because my bike body had inward drifting, not sure how much of an impact that makes.

Sara Valestein said:
It's interesting that people dislike 200cc Cheese Land, I didn't play a whole lot of 200cc but I vividly remember loving that track (and only that track) on 200cc and didn't think it was difficult compared to some of the other tracks I tried on that speed.

Might have been because my bike body had inward drifting, not sure how much of an impact that makes.

People hate Chees Land because of all the sharp turns, the potholes, and the low traction....which is great for a Baby Daisy player like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back