Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

lol I just had lightning save my ass from a blue shell. The blue shell did nothing because it hit during the shock animation :D

EDIT-
C_mrL9xUQAA4t91.jpg

Finally. For the record, yes 150 and Mirror are done too but 3 images would clutter the thread so there :)

It goes over the Biddybuggy

Yeah I think the glow is far too intense. They should tone it down a notch.

Well, we do have a wheeled Blue Falcon so I don't think it looks too bad.

Let's talk about reverse rubberbanding, and why it's stupid in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

They coded the game so that the COM go noticeably slower in 150cc GP than they do in VS mode. AND on top of that, they obviously slow down to let you pass them if you're falling behind. Was this really necessary Nintendo? Did you have to make the GP so easy and unlock everything important for us? Even my brother who doesn't play Mario Kart noticed they slowed down for you.

It's bad enough getting item spammed a lot. Besides, the extreme rubberbanding that Mario Kart 64 was infamous for really shouldn't be rearing its ugly head again.

With the assisted steering and auto accelerate implemented into the game, I wouldn't be surprised if the rubberbanding is part of the hand holding that mainly targets the younglings.

That being said the higher CCs tend to (in my experience) have some deadly item chains come firing at you. I've been first on the last lap and got hit with a blue shell followed by 3 red shells from 3 different AI and a lightning strike. Needless to say I wasn't get my 3 stars that run.

I think the rubberbanding goes so far as to help you get first in all of the cups, but I feel if you want to get those three stars you still need to have more skill and a little bit of luck.

memoryman3 said:
Let's talk about reverse rubberbanding, and why it's stupid in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

They coded the game so that the COM go noticeably slower in 150cc GP than they do in VS mode. AND on top of that, they obviously slow down to let you pass them if you're falling behind. Was this really necessary Nintendo? Did you have to make the GP so easy and unlock everything important for us? Even my brother who doesn't play Mario Kart noticed they slowed down for you.

It's only now you noticed this? Every Mario Kart game since Double Dash they slow down for your if you stray too far behind. I think it's a type of mercy displayed by the AI, to balance out how they stay behind you (sometimes) when you're first place.

I don't think this is a stupid mechanic at all. Even with this mercy mechanic, you can still lose the race. It really depends on how unlucky you get with items. It still takes skill and challenge to master the course, know item box layouts, and know the turns.

Also, 150cc is for dweebs. Why play on it anymore when 200cc exists?

Fawful & Cackletta said:
The tracks weren't designed for 200cc, which is why many of them become a great deal more annoying on that speed.

Actually, I think most tracks are fairly playable on 200cc. I mean, they actually force you to brake for once on tighter turns, which is what 90% of racing games need you to do in order to win in them.

It's also satisfying pulling off tricky drifts in Neo Bowser City and Dragon Driftway.

i believe you still need to break a little for certain courses even in 150cc like Neo Bowser City or Rainbow Road Wii U.

so meh.

I recall the only time I braked, was when I still was on automatic drift. Now, I don't break anymore, which tends to be annoying when you bump into a wall, but I still think I shoukd stick with it.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i believe you still need to break a little for certain courses even in 150cc like Neo Bowser City or Rainbow Road Wii U.

so meh.

The inside drifting bikes do have a disadvantage at the very start of Wii U Rainbow Road, since if you don't position your drift just right with the first set of turns, the inside drifting bike would end up falling off the track; they don't turn sharply enough while drifting, even when you go all out on the handling stats.

As for 3DS Neo Bowser City, in the 150cc, it's completely possible to get past the s-shaped turn without using the brakes; my own primary combo can handle that part with hardly any trouble. However, in the 200cc, you're almost prone to fall off that portion of the track if the super mini-turbo gets executed.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
Also, 150cc is for dweebs. Why play on it anymore when 200cc exists?

Maybe because some people can't handle 200cc's high speed.
Like BLOF said, anything less than 200cc is for dweebs.
Fawful & Cackletta said:
The tracks weren't designed for 200cc, which is why many of them become a great deal more annoying on that speed.
And this is why I have a special combination for 200cc that focuses on reduced speed and emphasizing control.

so a friend of mine now got the 5000 coins required for the golden glider

yfw you have never unlocked it in mk7 or original mk8

Koichi Kizakura said:
so a friend of mine now got the 5000 coins required for the golden glider

yfw you have never unlocked it in mk7 or original mk8

Back in MK7, Gold Kart was 20 000 coins.

Back