Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Woha...

MnSG said:
Random part unlocks can be annoying at times, and I often think that there should be a use for the coins that you collect. Sonic Riders enabled you to use your rings to purchase new extreme gear after all.

actually that's not a bad idea!

do you know how many people mention that for 7 before and after 8 was release? i hope we get that and the ability to carry over the 10 coin limit ( max speed limit reach at 10 coins but the number increase the more we collect )

Re: Mario Kart 8

MnSG said:
Random part unlocks can be annoying at times, and I often think that there should be a use for the coins that you collect.
Wait I thought there being coins was how you unlocked new parts.

Well.

Roserade said:
MnSG said:
Random part unlocks can be annoying at times, and I often think that there should be a use for the coins that you collect.
Wait I thought there being coins was how you unlocked new parts.

Well.

It's like that in Mario Kart 7, but in Mario Kart 8, it applies only to the gold parts.

Mario Kart 8 page on the wiki said:
Players can unlock new parts for every 50 coins, but once players have collected 1000 coins, 100 coins are instead needed to unlock new parts.
You do unlock them through coins in Mario Kart 8. Not sure why anyone thought otherwise.

MnSG said:
Random part unlocks can be annoying at times, and I often think that there should be a use for the coins that you collect. Sonic Riders enabled you to use your rings to purchase new extreme gear after all.
This is the concept I'm (kinda) constantly yapping about! Freaking "Shop Mode"! :-X

That's one thing I liked about Mario Party 8, in that you could use your carnival cards to purchase regular minigames you hadn't unlocked yet.

i'd really love a "parts shop" where you could buy parts that you want in any order instead of unlocking them randomly

Nintendo is generally behind when it comes to racers, especially those that allow vehicle customization. Every other racer I know at least lets you change your vehicle colors, either with color pickers or a large set of different colors you can choose.

Yeah, it kinda sucks if you like a specific kart like the Badwagon, but it's pink color doesn't fit aestethically with the character you are using.

That's why I use the modded (heh) black body with flame motifs, because it perfectly suits Baby Luigi.

yeah i'd really love colour options, i want to use koopa troopa in the p-wing but it looks so ugly

mario-kart-8-deluxe-battle-types.png

We'll receive more Battle Mode types in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe appears to feature five different options in Battle Mode. Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast were previously confirmed by Nintendo directly. An image from Nintendo of Poland has since surfaced, showing what appears to be Coin Runners, Shine Thief (or Shine Runners, but unlikely if we’re getting Coin Runners), and something involving the Piranha Plant.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launches on April 28. Nintendo will certainly have more to say about the game before then.

C2t2vYxXUAQUape.jpg

amiibo costumes for Miis

Weird that I don't see Wave 3 Super Mario series amiibo costumes here. The only new one is the Inkling costume.

also

spot the error in this picture

amiibo_mario_kart_deluxe_2.jpg

yeah, all amiibo suits are returning

Baby Luigi said:
mario-kart-8-deluxe-battle-types.png

We'll receive more Battle Mode types in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe appears to feature five different options in Battle Mode. Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast were previously confirmed by Nintendo directly. An image from Nintendo of Poland has since surfaced, showing what appears to be Coin Runners, Shine Thief (or Shine Runners, but unlikely if we’re getting Coin Runners), and something involving the Piranha Plant.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launches on April 28. Nintendo will certainly have more to say about the game before then.
If they're doing that, why not add more tracks? :-\

Back