Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Honestly, the vehicles that CPU characters drive seems like an oddly specific thing to focus on. When I'm playing, the only thing I'm focusing on as far as the racers is where they all are and what items everyone has. They could all be Mario riding Pipe Frame with Standard Tires and I wouldn't care any more or less.

Magikrazy said:
Honestly, the vehicles that CPU characters drive seems like an oddly specific thing to focus on. When I'm playing, the only thing I'm focusing on as far as the racers is where they all are and what items everyone has. They could all be Mario riding Pipe Frame with Standard Tires and I wouldn't care any more or less.

It adds flair and personality to the game.

I only care what a CPU drives in when I'm playing Mario Kart Wii, since it's fun to push them off with the Honeycoupe or the Wario Bike.

I want to see (based on promotional screenshots):

Daisy on a Cat Cruiser + Slick/Normal
Shy Guy on a Flame Rider + Off-Road
Lemmy on a Sneeker + Normal
Roy on a Badwagon + Normal/Normal Blue
Mario riding a GLA (I guess)

I think it's unlikely Mario will use a DLC kart, but anything can happen. Btw, are CPU's programmed to use the Roller tires this time around?

Magikrazy said:

I like seeing Wario drive that idiotic Cloud Car in Battle Mode in Mario Kart 7. Hell, in battle mode, you'll get to know your CPU opponents quite well, so adding a variety of karts just spices things up instead of seeing the same combinations over and over and over and over again.

Grunty Industries said:
I think it's unlikely Mario will use a DLC kart, but anything can happen. Btw, are CPU's programmed to use the Roller tires this time around?

Yes they are.

Mario uses the B-Dasher, which is a DLC kart. Waluigi can also be seen driving the Duke.

It applies only when you're racing online and I don't and online is dead.

Auburn S said:
I wouldn't mind if every Mario Kart from now on was just an expanded version of Mario Kart 8 with balance changes.
Yeah, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe doesn't do it for me. Everything added looks great, but some new tracks would have pushed me to buy. I don't mind though, since I can still get enjoyment out of Mario Kart 8.

Oh *bleep* no.

I want MK8 to DIE already. All this awful kart parts , not matching colors and the lack of a proper voice acting for Rosalina is giving me visual and auditive cancer.

Please BURN IN HELL MK8 , your time is up. MK9 is the future.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Baby Luigi said:
I use the Jetsetter only because I like its design

But man its stats really suck

Same.

Sad part is that its one of the only 2 karts that fit Rosalina that are not the Standard one. The other being the honeycoupe.

I have no choices when it comes to karts in MKwii as result

You didn't seem to be happy about Mario Kart Wii either when it came to karts, but you love Rosalina's voice clips there.

Yeah. But thats only because the Karts in Wii are restricted to classes.

I like most of the medium Karts , and Large classes got the prettiest bike aka the shooting star.

Also all the charcters got colors in each kart making each more personal.

i dont like genetic kart parts , besides i feel in 7 there were more that i liked like cloud nine and the bumble bee.

Parts like the 3 speeder and the Submarine kart are just whack.

Lastly , as for Rosalina , theres not much i can do , because that special snowflake that i was waiting to ´´leak´´ tools that can convert sounds and replace them has not arrived. And it will forever bother me the fact that Rosalina squeaks in 8 while in Wii and 7 she is soooooo chill in comparison.

At the moment im hooked with Mario Party Star Rush so i dont care .

Swiftie_Luma said:
Oh *bleep* no.

I want MK8 to DIE already. All this awful kart parts , not matching colors and the lack of a proper voice acting for Rosalina is giving me visual and auditive cancer.

Please BURN IN HELL MK8 , your time is up. MK9 is the future.

Don't tell this to the people who have not played Mario Kart 8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe might not be much for the players who own the original game, but it might work out for those who don't own a Wii U system.

Its not 2014 anymore.

Most have either played MK8 or at least know about it.

This game is already beyond the expiration date , we need to move one to the , hopefuly , much better things.

I absolutely dislike Mario Kart Wii's restricted looking karts. While I do like most of the lightweight karts, my favorite designs are the Wild Wing and Honeycoupe and I can't even use them as Baby Luigi. Mario Kart 7 and 8's system is a godsend, because it means I can use any kart I see while retaining the class difference of being a lightweight.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i dont like genetic kart parts , besides i feel in 7 there were more that i liked like cloud nine and the bumble bee.

Parts like the 3 speeder and the Submarine kart are just whack.

I like the Tri-speeder and Steel Driver, don't diss them.

Even though my favorites are the Badwagon, Sports Coupe, GLA, 300 SL, and P-Wing. They're my favorite Mario karts of all time.

i wonder what king boo's weight class will be
if it's heavyweight then i will be very confused

It's not hard to figure out, he'll be a heavyweight because he can't fit in middle and lightweight vehicles, and he had been a heavy in the past Mario Karts. And I doubt they'd make a whole weight class based on his size.

but every character can drive every kart, yeah they get slightly bigger if a big character drives them but i see no reason why that would make him the same weight as bowser or donkey kong driving the same kart

he was never heavyweight; he could only drive the bigger (and therefore heavier) cars due to size, which is no longer true

Usually it's more of a size class than a weight class, since someone like Waluigi would be quite light.

So in that case, King Boo would probably be a heavyweight again.

i don't really see how it's a size class when wario is smaller than donkey kong yet still weighs more, or how roy and morton are the same size but weigh differently

I was talking more about the general 'light, medium, heavy' classes.

I still don't how having Bowser, getting rid of his fat, muscle, flesh, organs, etc. results in Dry Bowser, who has the exact same weight as Bowser.

I still don't get why DK is in a lower weight class than Wario, despite being bigger than he is. DK should be in the same class as Bowser.

Back