Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Crackin355 said:
bring back everyones favourite mario character; rob
rob-sooting-2.gif

Played Mario Kart 8 again since why not, and man the item system can be really stupid sometimes. Hope that having two items fixes that somewhat.

Also does having two of any item mean that we can pursue our dreams of having a Bullet Bill and a Lightning at the same time?

Ninelevendo said:
Played Mario Kart 8 again since why not, and man the item system can be really stupid sometimes. Hope that having two items fixes that somewhat.

Also does having two of any item mean that we can pursue our dreams of having a Bullet Bill and a Lightning at the same time?
Considering the recent trend with Mario Kart games (we actually discovered MK7 in-game stats complete with headers and it turns out that most headers are valid for MK8 in-game stats too, with Land Speed and Weight being completely recycled down to the values used, hopefully I will be able to create the appropriate page on the wiki soon), I'd say that you have to watch Mario_Kart_8_item_probability_distributions: whatever is on the same line should be obtainable in both slots, so yes.

Mister Wu said:
Ninelevendo said:

Considering the recent trend with Mario Kart games (we actually discovered MK7 in-game stats complete with headers and it turns out that most headers are valid for MK8 in-game stats too, with Land Speed and Weight being completely recycled down to the values used, hopefully I will be able to create the appropriate page on the wiki soon), I'd say that you have to watch Mario_Kart_8_item_probability_distributions: whatever is on the same line should be obtainable in both slots, so yes.

In those tables, none of the probabilities sum to 100, but it's actually 200. Any reason you didn't divide all of them by 2?

Cirdec said:
In those tables, none of the probabilities sum to 100, but it's actually 200. Any reason you didn't divide all of them by 2?
I reported the in-game data as it is. I think it is more relevant, as it reflects how the game works, and how it is structured. As an example, Mario Kart 7 uses the same system with sum to 200. By reporting data as it is , one can immediately make this connection and acknowledge that MK8 item probability system is directly derived from MK7 one. If I put percentages, this wouldn't have been as evident, in my opinion.
Of course, if data becomes less obvious to read, I also add an easier to read table, like in this case: Mario_Kart_8_drivers%27_and_parts%27_statistics

Mister Wu said:
Cirdec said:
I reported the in-game data as it is. I think it is more relevant, as it reflects how the game works, and how it is structured. As an example, Mario Kart 7 uses the same system with sum to 200. By reporting data as it is , one can immediately make this connection and acknowledge that MK8 item probability system is directly derived from MK7 one. If I put percentages, this wouldn't have been as evident, in my opinion.
Of course, if data becomes less obvious to read, I also add an easier to read table, like in this case: Mario_Kart_8_drivers%27_and_parts%27_statistics

Ok. Do you plan to do the item distribution of Mario Kart 7?

Cirdec said:
Ok. Do you plan to do the item distribution of Mario Kart 7?
Yes, once they all have been transcribed. The stats will come as well, although in that case some wait might be needed as their meaning is being discovered.

I know that the off-road stat also affects a kart combo's traction in Mario Kart 7. It also seems to be tiered, since a 4.5/6 off-road combo can drift of normal off-road, and yet a 4.25/6 off-road combo can't.

MnSG said:
I know that the off-road stat also affects a kart combo's traction in Mario Kart 7. It also seems to be tiered, since a 4.5/6 off-road combo can drift of normal off-road, and yet a 4.25/6 off-road combo can't.
You'll be surprised when you see the stats of Mario Kart 7. Mario Kart 8 apparently reused the very same stats, but put the same relative speed in off-road sections for all the values of Traction, resulting in vehicles being unable to drft off-road regardless of the Traction stat.

Mister Wu said:
You'll be surprised when you see the stats of Mario Kart 7. Mario Kart 8 apparently reused the very same stats, but put the same relative speed in off-road sections for all the values of Traction, resulting in vehicles being unable to drft off-road regardless of the Traction stat.

I guess that can explain why the traction stat felt very expendable at most tracks. If the traction stat actually did influence how much speed is lost while off-road, then perhaps vehicle parts like the Badwagon, Steel Driver, Tri-Speeder, and Standard ATV, along with the Monster and Hot Monster tires, could've received more attention. On the other hand, a combo like the Standard ATV + Monster results in abysmal handling for the fastest characters, while the slowest characters have to deal with the bad combination of low ground speed and low acceleration. At least the lightest lightweights can always go with the Standard or Off-Road tires for a better acceleration stat.

So if Miis return for Mario Kart 8 Switch, what new amiibo costumes do you guys think we'll get?

memoryman3 said:
So if Miis return for Mario Kart 8 Switch, what new amiibo costumes do you guys think we'll get?

amiibo Wave 2 and 3 for Mario guys

I want Mario amiibo Wave 3 dammit

Wait.
If Mario Kart 8 is coming to Switch as an enhanced port, then this port would add local play.
Split screen + local play = a crammed crowd looking to a small screens at a room with no TV.

I hope Fawful or Bowser Jr. appear in the Nintendo Switch one. Who has a higher chance of appearing???? :-\

The King of all Mario RPGS said:
I hope Fawful or Bowser Jr. appear in the Nintendo Switch one. Who has a higher chance of appearing???? :-\
do you actually think fawful has a chance over bowser jr
or pretty much any other character for that matter

fawfuls chance of appearing is literally below 0%.

why cant mario rpg fans accept this already.

Mari Ohara said:
do you actually think fawful has a chance over bowser jr
or pretty much any other character for that matter
I'm getting the inkly feeling Nintendo has forgotten about Bowser Jr. being in Mario Kart. He's the ONLY character I play as in Mario Kart Wii.

Uh, they haven't. They made him a statue in Baby Park in DLC pack 2

Baby Luigi said:

They also made a Baby Pink Gold Peach statue. That means something, right?

Cirdec said:
Baby Luigi said:

They also made a Baby Pink Gold Peach statue. That means something, right?

It means they are making fun of all the people that complained about PGP.

Back