Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Swiftie_Luma said:
Deinosuchus said:
Lady Rosalina said:
im just awaiting rosalinas own game

although lots of other fans are gonna explode but oh well

I'm fine with Rosalina having her own game, since Peach has her own.

How does that make sense?

Peach is one of most important characters that compose the Mario series and is also a gaming icon worldwide and from Nintendo.

Just because she has one does not mean Rosalina will get her own.

well i think its more of an important mario female lead got her own game so another one wouldnt really affect him negatively.

Has anybody , by chance into MK8 modding?

I want to know if there's already a way to replace SFX and voices. Im not into MK8 modding , but if the former thing is being done by some way i might be , because i want to try doing it like in MK7 and MKWii.

I don't think there's a way to edit .bars / turbo.bfsar files yet

Swiftie_Luma said:
Deinosuchus said:
Lady Rosalina said:
im just awaiting rosalinas own game

although lots of other fans are gonna explode but oh well

I'm fine with Rosalina having her own game, since Peach has her own.

How does that make sense?

Peach is one of most important characters that compose the Mario series and is also a gaming icon worldwide and from Nintendo.

Just because she has one does not mean Rosalina will get her own.

She is an icon for the wrong reasons.

now now ladies there is enough mario characters to go around for everyone

Not for obnoxious Daisy fans.

https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/11/16/rumor-mario-kart-for-switch-brings-a-mix-of-old-and-new/
Oh great, another rumour. By Emily Rogers

- Pack 1 & 2 included in the game
- New tracks (didn't specify how many nitro and retro tracks are added)
- New playable characters (also didn't specify how many characters are added, nor new playable debuts and/or returning veterans besides King Boo)
- Development for the Switch version has finished. Will release within three months after console's launch.

and

- THE BATTLE MODE THAT WE ACTUALLY WANT! Emily Rogers states that Nintendo has listened to the fans.

It's gonna be so much fun to feel like buying MK8 and a Wii U was just a waste after all if all of that is even true.

Man, that character select screen is going to look so clustered. I hope they organize it a bit.

PeDaRoYs said:
https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/11/16/rumor-mario-kart-for-switch-brings-a-mix-of-old-and-new/
Oh great, another rumour. By Emily Rogers

- Pack 1 & 2 included in the game
- New tracks (didn't specify how many nitro and retro tracks are added)
- New playable characters (also didn't specify how many characters are added, nor new playable debuts and/or returning veterans besides King Boo)
- Development for the Switch version has finished. Will release within three months after console's launch.

and

- THE BATTLE MODE THAT WE ACTUALLY WANT! Emily Rogers states that Nintendo has listened to the fans.

Give it to me

Deinosuchus said:
Really? I didn't expect the Switch version to be released so quickly.
Honestly, looking at what was shown, I would be surprised if beside the double items and (hopefully) the patching of item probability distributions (that already happened in Mario Kart 8), they literally just ported MK8 complete with all the stats unaltered, after all even MK8 recycled the Land Speed and Weight stats from MK7:

Mario_Kart_7_in-game_statistics#Speed_.28Param_Speed.29

Mario_Kart_8_drivers%27_and_parts%27_statistics#Speed_.28SL.2C_SW.2C_SA_and_SG.29

If the acceleration tiers come back, I'll be very disappointed. I get so tired of seeing large characters not being able to acquire good acceleration statistics. The Boo Pipes was a good start, but I wish that a few large body frame characters could be separated from the rest of the pack.

I've often wished that Rosalina and Waluigi would get their own weight class category, which would consist of large-sized middleweight characters.

MnSG said:
If the acceleration tiers come back, I'll be very disappointed. I get so tired of seeing large characters not being able to acquire good acceleration statistics. The Boo Pipes was a good start, but I wish that a few large body frame characters could be separated from the rest of the pack.

I've often wished that Rosalina and Waluigi would get their own weight class category, which would consist of large-sized middleweight characters.

Accelerations actually favor heavyweights characters, as 2.0 acceleration is same as 2.75. So does 3 to 3.75 acceleration. They can afford in speed while not losing any valuable acceleration.
Plus they can still get a tier 4 acceleration with the Biddybuggy and Roller.

MnSG said:

If you look at MK7 statistics, you'll see that acceleration had subtiers even in that game. Apparently, the bug of different values of Drive_AccLmtFwd giving the same acceleration, that was fixed in 200cc, came directly from MK7, as there were also reports that 1.0 acceleration is better than 0.75 acceleration, just like in MK8 1.25 is better than 1.0 even in 150cc.

If I have to be honest, I think that acceleration tiering will be fixed as far as 200cc is concerned, since it already is in the Wii U MK8, but I'm not sure about the other classes as this probably wasn't even fixed when making MK8 on top of MK7...

Cirdec said:
Accelerations actually favor heavyweights characters, as 2.0 acceleration is same as 2.75. So does 3 to 3.75 acceleration. They can afford in speed while not losing any valuable acceleration.

You can't acquire A-tier (5 - 5.75) acceleration with any of the heavy characters though. That would be a nice blessing to have, though I would prefer it if Rosalina and Waluigi are the only large body frame characters who can have this treat.

MnSG said:
Cirdec said:

You can't acquire A-tier (5 - 5.75) acceleration with any of the heavy characters though. That would be a nice blessing to have, though I would prefer it if Rosalina and Waluigi are the only large body frame characters who can have this treat.

Well I think that's enough, considering baby characters are a lot worse, they can't get more than 3.25 speed....
Bowser has 3.5 speed at worst, if a max speed lightweight can't beat min speed heavyweight, then max accelaration heavyweight should not be better than min accelation lightweight.

They seriously need to give the babies either more top speed, more acceleration, and more weight.

Eh, you can easily give the cars they drive in more weight. It's not like they need raw power to operate vehicles.

Hell, the fatasses should get their top speed lowered because in reality, race car drivers actually need to watch their weight

Back