Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Well, I'm just glad King Boo is getting a lot of press for just being in the Switch trailer. Guy deserves it.

Mari Ohara said:
remove baby rosalina
this would rip the mario universe's time continuity

Replace Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina with Bowser Jr. and Diddy Kong.

but removing baby rosalina makes the roster incomplete with baby counterparts of adults

Truthfully, Pink Gold Peach at least gives Metal Mario a partner. Baby Rosalina was heavily unnecessary though.

MnSG said:
Truthfully, Pink Gold Peach at least gives Metal Mario a partner. Baby Rosalina was heavily unnecessary though.

Well PGP was unnecessary at first until she got some love by fans.

Baby Rosalina had debuted in this game, to make a "symmetry" between the first row and third row in the character select screen. Same with Baby Daisy in MKW, to make a "symmetry between the first and third rows. It's something to do with balance between size classes. That was my theory.

Deinosuchus said:
Magikrazy said:
Partner? This isn't Double Dash.

I think he meant a female counterpart.

That, and so that there's another character who shares Metal Mario's statistics. All that Baby Rosalina does is copy the same stats as the other babies, so there really isn't anything about her that's worth keeping.

Honestly, they should have added Luma instead of Baby Rosalina. If roster symmetry was an issue, then move Metal Mario to where Baby Rosalina was, and have Luma be next to Rosalina.

GmanSir said:
Honestly, they should have added Luma instead of Baby Rosalina. If roster symmetry was an issue, then move Metal Mario to where Baby Rosalina was, and have Luma be next to Rosalina.

Yeah, Luma definitely should've gotten in over Baby Rosalina. I'd like to know what Nintendo was smoking when they came up with the decision to include her.

Baby Rosalina shouldnt exist and Luma should have hovered around Rosalina once again.

The were super Lazy with that. How come the Wii did it right , but they didnt do it on the wii U?? i Get that MK7 was limited and so Rosalina was alone , but now its just plain lazy.

GmanSir said:

Luma takes less time to model and create than Baby Rosalina, so I definitely say they should have put in Luma as a driver instead.

Baby Rosalina and PGP both sucked enough to prove Nintendo is resorting to filler. They should please the fans, not the top guys who said "Let's add in some crap characters because reasons!" Jeez, guys, you're better than that.

There's the argument that they have absolutely no time to make them.

Again I point out that King Boo or Luma or even Goomba are easier to make than Baby Rosalina.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Baby Rosalina shouldnt exist and Luma should have hovered around Rosalina once again.

The were super Lazy with that. How come the Wii did it right , but they didnt do it on the wii U?? i Get that MK7 was limited and so Rosalina was alone , but now its just plain lazy.

Truthfully, I would've preferred it if the Luma was a playable character. It would be treated as a small body frame character, and much like with King Boo, it would levitate while holding onto the steering wheel or handlebars.

Or, if you plug in the switch controller to the TV, you could get item spy functionality

Geoff said:
Mister Wu said:
Well, since the Switch is single screen, the so-called "item spy" on the GamePad might be removed.
tbf that couldn't be used well anyway, it's hard to focus on two separate screens at once

I only use the gamepad to honk with the horn anyway.

Baby Luigi said:
Or, if you plug in the switch controller to the TV, you could get item spy functionality
Sorry that I didn't immediately point to the source, it has been officially confirmed that this is not the case: http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/21/13362890/nintendo-switch-not-dualscreen

Geoff said:
Mister Wu said:
Well, since the Switch is single screen, the so-called "item spy" on the GamePad might be removed.
tbf that couldn't be used well anyway, it's hard to focus on two separate screens at once

Not really , one has to get used to it as this is not the first time this is implemented.

How do you think people played MKDS or 7?

Besides , before the update the map was only on the gamepad so i guess most players are very familiar with this .

Back