Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Nabber said:
Are you sure that's Mario kart 8? I was under the impression this was a new game.
The UI is the same with only the addition of double items, the track is the same seen in Mario Kart 8, the vehicle combinations are in Mario Kart 8 with the very same appearance.
It is a patched version of Mario Kart 8. It will likely feature the teased Kalimari Desert.
Will the Wii U version be patched as well to allow cross online play?

Its totally MK8 , its literally the same with a couple of things added.

This is either an updated , a DLC pack or and upgraded port.

Before you ask, the four characters that the MK8 director wanted in the game were

King Boo
Diddy Kong
Dry Bones
Bowser Jr.

They will almost surely be in this patch.

why you calling it a patch though?

I dont think this content is gonna be free whatsoever.

Crossing fingers for Birdo.*

Do we even know if this is DLC stuff? Also, let's not forget that the Mario Kart TV website has been terminated, and for all we know, the footage is probably just a tech demo to show what the Nintendo Switch is capable of doing.

MnSG said:
Do we even know if this is DLC stuff? Also, let's not forget that the Mario Kart TV website has been terminated, and for all we know, the footage is probably just a tech demo to show what the Nintendo Switch is capable of doing.

Why would they have King Boo just for a tech demo, though?

Anser said:

My best guess is to just make the King Boo users get ticked off. We have to keep in mind that the footage may just be tech demo stuff after all.

Hououin Kyouma said:
OKAY IM BUYING A NX NOW

Switch*

MnSG said:
My best guess is to just make the King Boo users get ticked off. We have to keep in mind that the footage may just be tech demo stuff after all.

Nah, I don't think they'd do that. It would be a waste of time.

requesting title change to the inevitable Mario Kart Switch

never thought i'd see double dash item slots again, if that's the gimmick they're going for instead of a Wacky 9 item then that is a-OK with me

MnSG said:
for all we know, the footage is probably just a tech demo to show what the Nintendo Switch is capable of doing.
MnSG said:
"let's show them a character we know they'll be excited for!"
"...clearly they're tricking us, stop having hopes and dreams"

MnSG said:
Anser said:

So you think they spent time importing and rigging a model for shits and giggles? Granted, it's a simple model, but regardless it would be a waste of time.

To be honest, I don't think it was a tech demo, it was clearly Mario Kart 8 down to the HUD, the vehicles and the introduction of GCN Yoshi Circuit. A tech demo would have shown improvements, not the very same engine, graphics, elements and HUD. Double items are not a big improvement that cannot be done with a simple patch to the existing software. Which is why I mentioned patch: usually, new assets are given through DLC packs, while new gameplay features are given through free patches. If Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U is not abandoned, it might be patched with the additional option of buying a DLC pack containing the new characters such as King Boo - and possibly also new tracks such as Kalimari Desert teased by NOE.

Double item is good, now I hope they will get rid only that stupid coin item and change back item distributions based on rank.

Why should I be exactly excited about TWO ITEMS!!!?@?!30-235? It doesn't seem that amazing since you could, most of the time, get two items in the previous Mario Kart games. The only difference is, I guess, you don't have to deploy it to get another item this time. But... it's not that impressive to me.

hoping this'll get modded in the future because I liek muh mods.

Hell yeah

And new characters, but new courses AND A *bleep*ING BETTER BATTLE MODE(S) are going to be maker breakers for me.

Otherwise, I'll stick to my modded MK8.

Striker Mario said:
Hell yeah

And new characters, but new courses AND A *bleep*ING BETTER BATTLE MODE(S) are going to be maker breakers for me.

Otherwise, I'll stick to my modded MK8.
I just want fan-favourites to return: Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr, and Dry Bones.
And will a new racer finally shows them his moves? or Will there be more babies?

And I agree that us Mario Kart fans want Battle Arenas. I hope they're gonna show a brief glimpse of N64 Block Fort.

I don't want just arenas. Mario Kart 8's Battle Mode is fundamentally broken. Arenas won't solve underlying problems like the ghosts, the frequency of triple greens / fireflowers / boomerangs, the lack of damage invincibility frames, and how points are earned and lost.

Cool I can take Mario Kart 8 on the go while playing as Baby Luigi

Sounds nice but it's not really a system seller for the Switch for me.

Im gonna be that random person , so bear with me.

Im pissed this isnt likely to be a brand new game (looks identical to 8 aside from gameplay elements)

Because this means characters like Mario and Rosalina will still sound terrible in this probable enhanced port.

Yikes.

/end of my picky rant.

I'm more thinking this is simply Mario Kart 8 + new DLC with Kalimari Desert in it.

A simple port (+King Boo) probably is too easy a thing to do and ask money for.

It could be that it will be patched in a way to be Switch-compatible without too much needed emulation sandbox-stuffs.

Magikrazy said:
So you think they spent time importing and rigging a model for *bleep*s and giggles? Granted, it's a simple model, but regardless it would be a waste of time.

It has happened more than once though.

Back