Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

The best combination in Time Trial is using Wario in the Sport Bike and the Slick Tires and the Parafoil. All the fast staff ghosts use that combo.

The King of all Mario RPGS said:
The best combination in Time Trial is using Wario in the Sport Bike and the Slick Tires and the Parafoil. All the fast staff ghosts use that combo.

dry bowser + jet bike + slick tires works wonders as well.

Not all tracks favor inside drifting bikes though. And in the case of Dolphin Shoals, water speed does have to be kept in mind too.

Actually, outside drifting vehicles are way better due to physics exploits that were fixed with inside drifting bikes, see the current world records to see what I mean.
in 200cc, the exploits are less effective, so in some tracks inside drifting bikes make sense again, as they don't gradually reach a lower speed while drifting, but since they have a lower angular velocity while drifting, they still aren't perfect for all tracks.

It literally was just the Big Blue remix and at the time that was posted im not surprised it was taken down because the dlc pack 2 came out and nintendo is really stingy about things getting leaked

are the tools for that described in the video?

The person who did it , described the process in the info box of the video however he didn't point out tools iirc and he also said that a friend helped him repacking the sounds again to make them work in the game , or something like that.

I wish they open up about this so i can do it too , i really want to try it!

To those who frequent GameFAQs. After more than 2 years of being out, the MK8 board really is dying. As of this post, only 10 topics remain open. My question is: was the MKWii board way more active after 2+ years of being out? I find it hard to believe that the MK8 board is really that inactive after only 2+ years.

I'd assume MKW lasted longer because custom tracks were made and then CTGP came along. MK8 hasn't gone far with hacking. Also I feel like Forums/Boards are just dying while other methods of talking are coming in such as Discord and Reddit. I don't go to GameFAQs but for us, our Mario Kart Wii thread lasted for quite a while.

I remember the Mario Kart Wii board, it was mostly "DO YOU WANT TO RACE WITH ME", "CLAN WARZZ!!" topics, and those aren't interesting to me. At least Mario Kart 8 topics were more open to discussion from outsiders.

MK8 hacking and modding scene is pretty non-existent.

Which is sad ; its also a bummer that many tools required to do the cool stuff are private and exclusive meaning that i probably would have to wait for the game to literally be able to do a single voice mod.

tragic.

I don't know why it's so quiet and small like this, Mario Kart 8 is almost as popular as Mario Kart Wii.

Guess the "almost" is a key word here.

Cheeze said:
To those who frequent GameFAQs. After more than 2 years of being out, the MK8 board really is dying. As of this post, only 10 topics remain open. My question is: was the MKWii board way more active after 2+ years of being out? I find it hard to believe that the MK8 board is really that inactive after only 2+ years.

If that's the case, for me it is a sign that MK8 is not as fun as MKWii. The main reason is the item distribution is really terrible in MK8, first set of item boxes often decides the race outcome, it is so frustrating. At least in MKWii you can make comebacks with good item usage.

Cirdec said:
If that's the case, for me it is a sign that MK8 is not as fun as MKWii. The main reason is the item distribution is really terrible in MK8, first set of item boxes often decides the race outcome, it is so frustrating. At least in MKWii you can make comebacks with good item usage.

Unfortunately, Mario Kart Wii is far less balanced than Mario Kart 8 when you take into account the sheer abundance of Spiny Shells taking away your items, the stand-still mini-turbo negates the main weakness of the poor accelerating vehicles, the stat bonus system is heavily imbalanced, and the bikes are too overpowered with their ability to perform wheelies.

Mario Kart 8 does fix up these issues, so the Spiny Shell is less common and doesn't leave you itemless, everyone's stats are balanced out (excluding mini-turbo), and bikes are far less overpowering.

Mario Kart 7 already fixed the Blue Shell frequency , which was basically the only major problem in Wii item wise.

1 item per racer , coins as items , items determinated by distance and etc are not well recived changes and clearly not needed whatsoever.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Mario Kart 7 already fixed the Blue Shell frequency , which was basically the only major problem in Wii item wise.

1 item per racer , coins as items , items determinated by distance and etc are not well recived changes and clearly not needed whatsoever.

To be fair, every Mario Kart title has flaws.

In Mario Kart DS, heavyweights dominate, because they can use any kart, and excluding weight, the kart's stats are NOT affected by the character who's using it, meaning that even Bowser can take full advantage of the Dry Bomber's top notch acceleration.

Mario Kart Wii is flawed for the reasons I've brought up already. You'd might as well call it "Funky Bike Wii", because Funky Kong can pretty much outspeed everyone with the Flame Runner. Sure, the Jetsetter and Spear are faster, but those two vehicles are arguably the worst vehicles in Mario Kart Wii, due to how awful most of their stats are.

Mario Kart 7 gives Metal Mario an unfair advantage, as not only does he have the same stats as Wario, Honey Queen, and Bowser, but his medium sized body frame also makes him a smaller target. This gets fixed up in Mario Kart 8, where even though Metal Mario is still just as heavy as Bowser and Wario, he has less speed and more handling, so he's not abused as much as in Mario Kart 7.

As for only being able to hold one item in Mario Kart 8, at least it lets the other players know when it's okay to attack. Nothing feels worse than not knowing if your opponent is holding a set of Triple Bananas or not, which is a common dilemma in Mario Kart 7.

Couldn't the less threads on GameFAQs also kinda get into how there are much less people with Wii U's then there are Wii's?

Though honestly I don't think any site's forum in particular should be an indication of which game is more fun or what not. There's more factors to this then that.

I will say I would play MK8 any day over MKWii myself. But that's just how I feel.

I will also argue that MKWii took a bigger leap than 8 at being inovative and making the franchise something else.

Wii added several faces to the roster , added bikes , the wii wheel stuff that many people use (dont know why , i honestly dont use it) , tricks , 12 character races and the first big online mode.

The only outstanding thing 8 really added over wii was graphical improvement and somewhat control/physics improvement ; i wont say ''balance'' because everything OP item wise was eliminated in 7 not in 8.

8 is HD Mario Kart with a forgettable gimmick , terrible voice acting and on a very underrated console that Nintendo decided to not to support properly.

Of course its gonna fall in the abyss. Im honestly prepared to move on to MK9 because 8 clearly has nothing i would miss ; all the items i miss are in MKWii and the car part i miss are in 7.

MK8 had the best selection of courses though. Wii had some awful courses, especially the retro ones, *cough* Peach Gardens, SNES Mario Circuit 3, GCN Mario Circuit.

half of the nitro courses sucked too

and you forgot shy guy beach

>mfw crab hits you again

Peach Beach and Desert Hills were terrible too.

Mushroom Gorge, Grumble Volcano (stupid rock glitch; MK8's version is way better), and Rainbow Road are pretty bad in terms of nitro tracks.

While Mario Kart 8's item system isn't the best, the game still fixes up some of the cons that Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 had.

In Mario Kart Wii, you're at a huge disadvantage if you don't use an inside drifting bike, but you often have to limit your choices between the Flame Runner, Mach Bike, Dolphin Dasher, Bullet Bike, and Magikruiser. As for the Quacker, while it has very good overall stats, it struggles to complete with the other inside drifting bikes, simply because of its slow speed stat.

In Mario Kart 7, some vehicles parts are very inferior, and are not even worth using (such as the Birthday Girl, Bolt Buggy, and Cact-X). And you probably want to think twice about using the Slick or Gold Tires, as it's not a good idea to have bad handing AND bad off-road at the same time; you'd want to have either good handling, or good off-road. High off-road offers better traction to make up for bad handling, while high handling offers better control to make up for the lack of traction that a low off-road stat pretty much has. Oddly, the Slick and Gold Tires have worse off-road than the Roller, Slim, and Mushroom tires.

I will admit though, that even with the improvements at certain areas, Mario Kart 8 could've done better with the character stat balancing. Also, the traction stat needs to be worked on better, because even with 5.75/6 traction, you can't drift on normal off-road, which pretty much makes the Monster and Hot Monster quite useless when you compare them to the Metal and Gold Tires (tires with the same acceleration and weight, but better speed). And of course, some well-known Mario Kart veterans received the cold shoulder as well.

Back