Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

What do you want for DLC btw?

I want 2 Nitro and 2 Retro cups. I also want Diddy Kong, Boo, Dixie Kong, Bowser Jr, and King K Rool though I fear that Birdo and Petey Pirhanha and King Boo will be DLC Characters. I also want a real battle mode including Mario Kart 7 Balloon Battle style and Mario Kart 7 Coin Runner style and Mario Kart: Double Dash Balloon Battle style and 5 Nitro Battle Arenas and 1 Special Battle Arena (A Complete Sphere), and 5 Retro Battle Arenas for a total of 11 Battle Arenas where the retro arenas are from N64, GCN, DS, Wii, and 3DS installments (1 each).

I want a Mercedes-Benz cup.

With a Mercedes logo shaped battle course

Maᴙio said:
3D Player 2004 said:
I've heard that when you get into the low VR's, you actually start to encounter other people who are also trying to 0 out their VR's which therefore causes you to need to actually try to lose to get down to 0.
I bet it's like getting Grade H Mansion in Luigi's Mansion. It's nigh impossible.

Same as trying to get worst rank in Mario Party 9. You have to get very low amount of mini stars, but still the highest to win.

Battle Arenas I want in DLC:

Nitro: 5 idk/c
Retro: N64 Double Deck, GCN Luigi's Mansion, DS Tart Top, Wii Delphino Pier, 3DS Honeybee Hive
Special: Battlesphere
This classification system would also make a cool neat reference to SSBM classification.

Cirdec said:
Maᴙio said:
3D Player 2004 said:
I've heard that when you get into the low VR's, you actually start to encounter other people who are also trying to 0 out their VR's which therefore causes you to need to actually try to lose to get down to 0.
I bet it's like getting Grade H Mansion in Luigi's Mansion. It's nigh impossible.

Same as trying to get worst rank in Mario Party 9. You have to get very low amount of mini stars, but still the highest to win.
Too bad there aren't a lot of known brave souls that attempt such underrated feats.

3D Player 2004 said:

Retro: N64 Double Deck, GCN Luigi's Mansion, DS Tart Top, Wii Delphino Pier, 3DS Honeybee Hive
This classification system would also make a cool neat reference to SSBM classification.

What is "special"?

Maᴙio said:
3D Player 2004 said:

What is "special"?
Basically, kind of like the Final Destination/Battlefield of Mario Kart Battle Mode.

3D Player 2004 said:
Maᴙio said:
3D Player 2004 said:

What is "special"?
Basically, kind of like the Final Destination/Battlefield of Mario Kart Battle Mode.

Mario Kart already has that

It's called "SNES Battle Courses"

I guess it would be just nicknamed "Green Shell Nightmare".

The sphere would be cool but add barriers like in SNES Battle Courses for green shells.

My ideal DLC:
2 Nitro Cups: Egg Cup and Shine Cup
2 Retro Cups: Boo Cup and Spiny Cup
4 New Battle Courses
4 Retro Battle Courses
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr
Dry Bones
King Boo
Petey Piranha
Goku

Nysic said:
The sphere would be cool but add barriers like in SNES Battle Courses for green shells.

My ideal DLC:
2 Nitro Cups: Egg Cup and Shine Cup
2 Retro Cups: Boo Cup and Spiny Cup
4 New Battle Courses
4 Retro Battle Courses
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr
Dry Bones
King Boo
Petey Piranha
Goku

needs more retro kart parts

Maᴙio said:
3D Player 2004 said:
You have to avoid getting coins since you'll circulate enough for at least a G is you don't.

Diantha said:
Maᴙio said:
3D Player 2004 said:
You have to avoid getting coins since you'll circulate enough for at least a G is you don't.

So it seems the tent is more worthwhile to get than a grade A mansion

keep grinding, you'll get it eventually

Baby Man said:
Diantha said:
Maᴙio said:
3D Player 2004 said:

So it seems the tent is more worthwhile to get than a grade A mansion
Pretty much.
Except that you'll always start with the D Mansion in the sequel so it looks like he upgrades or downgrades your house.

I'm still pretty confident that my 12 retro 4 new tracks system is what will most likely happen for DLC tracks so that each game gets equal representation in track numbers, so no N64 tracks I expect, here it is in case you missed it.

Also as for porting MK8 tracks into Wii, the absolute best thing we can do is get models into an editor and remove/simplify most of the tracks and downscale the textures, and then make it like any other track from there (KMP, effects, pretty much anything other than the course model, maps are stored as bitmap images). It might be possible to convert the collision if the flags are changed for Wii but even then it's probably better to import the collision and simplify it in a model editor and create it for Wii from there just like the course model.

Simply put, no direct conversions. At all. Ever. Unless someone makes an elaborate tool that recodes pretty much everything in the archive but at that point doing the above probably would have been easier with the same result.

More characters and tracks is all I'm asking for. Please give us Lubba, E. Gadd, Plessie and the classics like Birdo, Bowser Jr, King Boo and Dry Bones.

SKmarioman said:
I'm still pretty confident that my 12 retro 4 new tracks system is what will most likely happen for DLC tracks so that each game gets equal representation in track numbers, so no N64 tracks I expect, here it is in case you missed it.

I still think it's unlikely that they would skew the amount of tracks and have more retro.

Nysic said:
SKmarioman said:

I still think it's unlikely that they would skew the amount of tracks and have more retro.
My logic behind it was that completely new tracks take longer to make and it would even out the track count from each game.

I think it's still a strong possibility that there will be 8 new and 8 retro for DLC as it makes the most sense on paper at least, really I'm just thinking of the best way to even out the representation of the previous installments.

SKmarioman said:
really I'm just thinking of the best way to even out the representation of the previous installments.

>implying Nintendo cares about balance

I definitely see where you're coming from though, but the odds of Nintendo actually doing it are slim.

Anser said:
More characters and tracks is all I'm asking for. Please give us Lubba, E. Gadd, Plessie and the classics like Birdo, Bowser Jr, King Boo and Dry Bones.
How would she drive? She can barely fit in the car.

Anser said:
:mad: You forgot Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong and Normal Boo and King K Rool :mad:

Back