Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Because if you don't like them they are automatically bad.

And yes, Nintendo went out of the way to make the game bad just to spite you. Aren't they great?

3D Player 2004 said:
Anyone else feel like Nintendo went out of their way this installment to pick bad retro tracks like they did with the DS installment. I didn't really like any of the retro tracks except maybe a few such as N64 Rainbow Road though even that had its flaws such as how it got shortened to 1 lap instead of 3 destroying the essence of an epic finale that Rainbow Roads are supposed to be.

No I like a lot of the retro tracks like N64 Rainbow Road, N64 Yoshi Valley, GCN Sherbet Land, N64 Royal Raceway, DS Tick Tock Clock and even SNES Donut Plains 3.

3D Player 2004 said:
Anyone else feel like Nintendo went out of their way this installment to pick bad retro tracks like they did with the DS installment. I didn't really like any of the retro tracks except maybe a few such as N64 Rainbow Road though even that had its flaws such as how it got shortened to 1 lap instead of 3 destroying the essence of an epic finale that Rainbow Roads are supposed to be.
Bad retro tracks? You've got to be joking! While there are 1 or 2 in every installment that aren't that great, Mario Kart 8 has a really good selection of them.
And I don't agree that it shattered the "essence of an epic finale". The 1 lap in my opinion was really good and 3 laps would of made it so long and boring like in the original. 7's Rainbow Road had sections and everyone loved it.

3D Player 2004 said:

I find that this game had the best selection of retro courses. It was like my wish list of what I wanted. But N64 Toad's Turnpike they made that ok, road is too big, cars don't come at you in Mirror Mode and Music is too techno. And N64 Rainbow Road just needed one extra lap to be excellent, but it's still a great course. But I still like both.

I think DS had the worst selection of retro courses. Wii was fine but a few I hated and 3DS.. I have to see what was used, all I remember is Dino Dino jungle and SNES Rainbow Road.

YoshiGo99 said:
3D Player 2004 said:

I find that this game had the best selection of retro courses. It was like my wish list of what I wanted. But N64 Toad's Turnpike they made that ok, road is too big, cars don't come at you in Mirror Mode and Music is too techno. And N64 Rainbow Road just needed one extra lap to be excellent, but it's still a great course. But I still like both.

I think DS had the worst selection of retro courses. Wii was fine but a few I hated and 3DS.. I have to see what was used, all I remember is Dino Dino jungle and SNES Rainbow Road.

7's was awesome, it had stuff like Waluigi Pinball, Airship Fortress, Mushroom Gorge, Koopa Cape, Maple Treeway, Coconut Mall and Kalimari Desert.

Glitchy said:
YoshiGo99 said:
3D Player 2004 said:

7's was awesome, it had stuff like Waluigi Pinball, Airship Fortress, Mushroom Gorge, Koopa Cape, Maple Treeway, Coconut Mall and Kalimari Desert.
I would of preferred Mushroom Gorge to be in 8, but in 7 the bounciness was improved greatly.

Mario Kart 7 went out of its way to pick good tracks in my opinion.

There was: GBA Bowser Castle 1, Wii Mushroom Gorge, DS Luigi's Mansion, N64 Koopa Beach, Wii Coconut Mall, GCN Daisy Cruiser, Wii Maple Treeway, Wii Koopa Cape, GCN Dino Dino Jungle, and SNES Rainbow Road for a total of 10 good tracks.

So total listing on how many great/bad tracks from each game in Mario Kart 7's retro department:

SNES: 1/1
N64: 1/2
GBA: 1/0
GCN: 2/0
DS: 1/3
Wii: 4/0

3D Player 2004 said:
good tracks
GBA Bowser Castle 1

good tracks.
Not that great if you had continuous consecutive GBA Bowser Castles previously.

3D Player 2004 said:

There was: GBA Bowser Castle 1, Wii Mushroom Gorge, DS Luigi's Mansion, N64 Koopa Beach, Wii Coconut Mall, GCN Daisy Cruiser, Wii Maple Treeway, Wii Koopa Cape, GCN Dino Dino Jungle, and SNES Rainbow Road for a total of 10 good tracks.

So total listing on how many great/bad tracks from each game in Mario Kart 7's retro department:

Here's a list of the good MK8 retro tracks:

All of them

Except for N64 Yoshi Valley. My god why did they have to make the N64 receive one more tracks than other games. Their track layout isn't THAT good.

Disregarding the Yoshis, I'd argue that it's the worst-looking track because of its mostly muddy colors.

Oops, I forgot about Yoshi Valley. It was OK. Same with Toad's Turnpike and Dry Dry Desert.

That leaves 13 stunning tracks and 3 OK ones. (opinions of course)

Maᴙio said:
Disregarding the Yoshis, I'd argue that it's the worst-looking track because of its mostly muddy colors.

Yeah, it's easily the worst track visually, but the worst track overall is Moo Moo Meadows just because it's so boring :-\

Stargazing said:
3D Player 2004 said:

DS Cheep Cheep Beach
N64 Rainbow Road
fixed

Well DS Airship Fortress and DS Waluigi Flipper were two of my fav tracks from 7, but actually

I don't expect you to have a similar opinion to me in any way anymore.

so I got to play 4-player MK8 on the weekend with some relatives

even though the framerate drops by half, it's still the best Mario Kart game I've ever played. We all laughed at the highlights and had a blast playing on nearly every course (the new Rainbow Road was universally disliked but everything else we played on was fun)

though everyone was like 'what the heck is a Pink Gold Peach' and I responded with 'The greatest Mario character in existence', so of course we did a 4-player PGP vs race, why wouldn't you :pgp:

Kart Player 2008 said:

You know it's annoying when you "fix" other people's posts rather than come up with your own original post?

Besides, DS Cheep Cheep Beach is boring like always

It's also one of the more visually disgusting tracks.

They gotta tone down that bloom. @_@

DS Cheep Cheep Beach is my least favorite retro course (May also be my least favorite of the game period)

Kart Player 2008 said:
Stargazing said:
3D Player 2004 said:

DS Cheep Cheep Beach
N64 Rainbow Road
fixed
Don't fix what ain't broken.

Beach/Ocean courses are never really the best. They all just look really generic. Like the majority of the desert courses that aren't Sunset Wilds. Sand isn't really Mario Kart's strong suit maybe because Anakin Skywalker was involved

Give us a sunset beach or maybe an ice floe beach course.

Maᴙio said:
Give us a sunset beach

Does Cheep Cheep Island count?

Yeah, it does. It needs to look more fiery though.

Doesn't Dolphin Shoals count as an ocean track? Because it's not very generic IMO.

Same thing with Koopa Cape.

Back