Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Baby Man said:
Lakituthequick said:
Been looking through the filesystem index on the wiki mentioned above. Came across the folder that contains the staff ghosts, where two folders exist, named slow and fast. Slow contains 32 files as expected, fast is empty, so the expert ghosts did where planned originally.

Also found MP4 and TGA files, which is funny.

what's in the mp4 and tga files?
The credits background videos in two flavours and something called MovieMenu.mp4, and the images appear to be the icons of the Tournaments, what I get from the directory name.

I wonder if Mrbean has tried to import a Track from 8 into Wii. I know you can't just rename it and stick it into an SD card and expect it to work. I do wonder if tracks from 8 could work in MKW, I would expect lag because of how detailed 8's courses are.

Well, if we have some of that, our wiki can use...

Also, the Wii is much less powerful than the Wii U, and from experience, the SZS modifier won't port anything that's too big. I don't have a good idea how big Mario Kart 8's tracks are, but I'm sure there are going to be major restrictions on what you can and can't port.

Just as long there's a converter from Mario Kart 8 format to something 3DS Max can use, it's all good, but making that type of converter is... well, probably hard.

YoshiGo99 said:
I wonder if Mrbean has tried to import a Track from 8 into Wii. I know you can't just rename it and stick it into an SD card and expect it to work. I do wonder if tracks from 8 could work in MKW, I would expect lag because of how detailed 8's courses are.
The graphics will have to be changed for MKWii, because I don't believe the Wii can process what the Wii U has to offer.

Diantha said:
YoshiGo99 said:
The graphics will have to be changed for MKWii, because I don't believe the Wii can process what the Wii U has to offer.
It obviously can't process the bloom effect, the higher-poly models, the animations, the road effects, the underwater effects, and so much more things.

I think it's just better to make a recreation, but even that would be tough.

Going by that wiki, Mario Kart Stadium's directory is 61722667 bytes big, about 58.9 MB. This includes KCL, course model, sound effects, post effects and such, but does not include objects such as helicopters, cones and skyboxes, because those are now saved seperately from the courses, not with them (no useless duplicates per course).

Also, Wii does support bloom. It is used in several courses in MKWii.

Lakituthequick said:
Going by that wiki, Mario Kart Stadium's directory is 61722667 bytes big, about 58.9 MB. This includes KCL, course model, sound effects, post effects and such, but does not include objects such as helicopters, cones and skyboxes, because those are now saved seperately from the courses, not with them (no useless duplicates per course).

Also, Wii does support bloom. It is used in several courses in MKWii.
Well, it's not as prominent as Mario Kart 8, right? Because the picture filtering is noticeably different. I guess it's also the distance of field effect as well.

In Mario Kart 8, the LOD (level of detail) models you see in multiplayer actually match the quality of Mario Kart Wii's normal models.

My VR building quest has finally come to a conclusion today, as I've reached the 9999 VR mark.

21mvjsy.jpg

no one can beat my 1000 vr >:]

Yaaaaaaaay.

What are you going to do after this?

get br to 9999 i suppose

How about getting VR all the way to 0?

Or just achieving 0 VR?

Baby Man said:
no one can beat my 1000 vr >:]

You don't even race online though.

Maᴙio said:
Yaaaaaaaay.

What are you going to do after this?

I'll probably attend some tournaments, such as the MK8 World Cup. My VR won't be at risk if I do tournament races, though it does come with a flaw in that Miiverse users won't be able to see my tournament videos if they're not part of that very tournament's community.

Baby Man said:
get br to 9999 i suppose

To be fair, I'm not really all that big with Battle Mode. Sure, I have over 2100 BR right now, but odds are, I probably won't be trying to reach 9999 BR.

Nysic said:
Now you just have to never play online again so you can never lose VR.

You won't lose any VR in tournament races.

Maᴙio said:

Or just achieving 0 VR?

That would be a huge disgrace to my dignity. I worked so hard to achieve 9999 VR anyway.

Maᴙio said:

Or just achieving 0 VR?

That would be a huge disgrace to my dignity. I worked so hard to achieve 9999 VR anyway.
[/quote]You can just make a new character and attempt to make their VR 0.

I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

maybe i should make my vr zero

0 VR isn't achieved by just ANY one though.

It takes time and perseverance to achieve the godly 0 VR.

I've heard that when you get into the low VR's, you actually start to encounter other people who are also trying to 0 out their VR's which therefore causes you to need to actually try to lose to get down to 0.

Diantha said:
You can just make a new character and attempt to make their VR 0.

I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

I don't like the idea of losing races on purpose.

Maᴙio said:
0 VR isn't achieved by just ANY one though.

It takes time and perseverance to achieve the godly 0 VR.
I'll make my sis reach 0 VR and make her freak out

3D Player 2004 said:
I've heard that when you get into the low VR's, you actually start to encounter other people who are also trying to 0 out their VR's which therefore causes you to need to actually try to lose to get down to 0.
I bet it's like getting Grade H Mansion in Luigi's Mansion. It's nigh impossible.

Back