Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I know, but LGM said if you got a buttload of coins, you'd get a PGP statue. Which is NOT something I want.

SuperQueenChrysalis said:
I know, but LGM said if you got a buttload of coins, you'd get a PGP statue. Which is NOT something I want.
C'mon, you have to play until hell freezes over to get that statue.

100,000,000 is a ----load of coins

I had to play Mario Kart 7 actively for about 200 hours to even receive 20,000 coins, and that's 5,000x less than 100,000,000

Wait a second, I thought the whole statue thing was a joke. Is it not? Is it real? :S

Anyway, I don't care about coins anyway. I'll collect them, sure, but I don't care too much about them. Kart parts will come eventually as I slowly collect them anyway.

It's a tongue-in-cheek.

20,000 would be a waste of time just to unlock a gold part.

I spent 2-3 weeks playing NSMB2 just to collect 1 million coins, and what do I get? A gold Mario Statue and a gold sky.

Man they really did an amazing job on the underwater section, I really love how it drops into this main drain with other connecting pipes. I am glad they didn't make the textures resemble sprites from SMB, it didn't look good in MK7. Also do I see a Blue Paratroopa at the starting line? Kinda interesting... we haven't seen a Blue Shelled Koopa since... New Super Mario Bros.?

Baby Luigi said:
100,000,000 is a ----load of coins

I had to play Mario Kart 7 actively for about 200 hours to even receive 20,000 coins, and that's 5,000x less than 100,000,000

I've had the game since its release date and only just got 10000 coins.

Good News!

Each kart part unlocks for every 50 coins. So you need like 5 perfect (10 coins per race) Grand Prix races to unlock at least 5 kart parts.
I hope the gold parts will be unlocked by finishing all the cups in every CC and time trials.

Also the Super Horn appears when your in 1st place, according to GameXplain's tweet.
https://twitter.com/GameXplain/statuses/462338189902876672
I think you might have a 25-30% chance of getting the Super Horn besides the usual items you get in 1st place.

Super Horn is overhyped, lol.

PlayStation 4 said:
Where is complete list of battle tracks?
I think these may be it
Skip to 1:30

-Wii Moo Moo Meadows
-GCN Dry Dry Desert
-SNES Donut Plains 3
-N64 Toad's Turnpike
-Mario Circuit
-Toad Harbor
-GCN Sherbet Land
-N64 Yoshi Valley

Dry Troopa said:
Also the Super Horn appears when your in 1st place, according to GameXplain's tweet.
I think you might have a 25-30% chance of getting the Super Horn besides the usual items you get in 1st place.

25%-30% is just too high, I hope it's something like 5%-10%.

Wasn't there some info a while ago that said items would be more balanced in being handed out. Like, you would have a higher chance of getting bananas or shells in last place than you would normally in the previous games.

I'd assume the opposite would also be true.

YoshiGo99 said:

Man they really did an amazing job on the underwater section, I really love how it drops into this main drain with other connecting pipes. I am glad they didn't make the textures resemble sprites from SMB, it didn't look good in MK7. Also do I see a Blue Paratroopa at the starting line? Kinda interesting... we haven't seen a Blue Shelled Koopa since... New Super Mario Bros.?
Yeah, the underwater area is just amazing now!

Cirdec said:
Dry Troopa said:

25%-30% is just too high, I hope it's something like 5%-10%.

Andre of GameXplain has already stated that he raced on 8 different courses with three other people (4 players) and the Super Horn only appeared two times during those 8 races. My guess is that it's appearance is <5%.

PeteyPiranhaPerson] How I vision the unlock system is getting a new part every 50 coins. [/quote] [quote author=Dry Troopa said:
Good news!

Each kart part unlocks for every 50 coins.

NAILED IT

Crackin355 said:
Wasn't there some info a while ago that said items would be more balanced in being handed out. Like, you would have a higher chance of getting bananas or shells in last place than you would normally in the previous games.
Oh crap, there goes my Bullet Bill hope.

YoshiGo99 said:

That water is easily the most beautiful I've seen in any Mario game.

Back