Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

My only disappointments with this game are Music Park and Grumble Volcano. They didn't really do anything special, except with the graphics of course.

With Grumble Volcano, there's not much one can do with anti-gravity apart from the cave section.

I was hoping they would make the part where the path splits have anti-gravity. I'm also extremely surprised Yoshi Valley didn't get any antigrav.

Dry Troopa said:
Good News!

Each kart part unlocks for every 50 coins. So you need like 5 perfect (10 coins per race) Grand Prix races to unlock at least 5 kart parts.

So it takes only about 2,000-3,000 coins to unlock all parts in the game so far? Not too shabby. I still wish I can choose what I want though. I don't want something ----ty like a Yoshi Bike.

Lakituilveloce said:
Dry Troopa said:
Good News!

Each kart part unlocks for every 50 coins. So you need like 5 perfect (10 coins per race) Grand Prix races to unlock at least 5 kart parts.
Source?

http://nintendoeverything.com/a-few-more-mario-kart-8-details/

I wonder what the article means by "Stats alter significantly if they are applied to the right character". In Mario Kart 7, characters from the same weight class had the exact same stats, which meant that for someone like Metal Mario, he'd have exactly the same stats as Bowser, Wario, and Honey Queen.

I'd hate to think that this is foreshadowing Mario Kart Wii's stat bonuses.

-Stats alter significantly if applied to the right character

Is this referring to weight class, or is each character getting stats?

Also:

-Iggy is unlocked in the 100cc Mushroom Cup
-Baby Rosalina is unlocked in the 100cc Flower Cup
-Larry is unlocked in the 150cc Star Cup

New Super Mario said:
I'm disappointed there's no five player option. Not enough games take advantage of this awesome Wii U feature.

I agree. Oh well. It's not like I have five people playing with me most of the time anyway.

MnSG said:
I wonder what the article means by "Stats alter significantly if they are applied to the right character". In Mario Kart 7, characters from the same weight class had the exact same stats, which meant that for someone like Metal Mario, he'd have exactly the same stats as Bowser, Wario, and Honey Queen.

I'd hate to think that this is foreshadowing Mario Kart Wii's stat bonuses.
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
-Stats alter significantly if applied to the right character

Is this referring to weight class, or is each character getting stats?

I think it's referring to a weight class.

Baby Luigi said:
I think it's referring to a weight class.

I hope that that's true, because Mario Kart Wii was a disaster with the amount of people spamming Funky Kong. Of course, this probably doesn't change the fact that Metal Mario and Metal Peach will likely be using the same body frame size as the middleweights; Mario Kart 7 deja vu there.

Yeah, that was a terrible mistake. It's a good thing I don't go to or even like online play or I'll start hating Funky Kong, who I actually like still....

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah, that was a terrible mistake. It's a good thing I don't go to or even like online play or I'll start hating Funky Kong, who I actually like still....

Considering that Nintendo WFC will be discontinued 10 days before Mario Kart 8 is released, you won't have to worry about that issue ever again.

I would be surprised if Pink Gold Peach becomes the most popular character online. People would pick Metal Mario over her.

I think the reason Metal Mario was popular was because the other heavyweight options kinda sucked.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
I would be surprised if Pink Gold Peach becomes the most popular character online. People would pick Metal Mario over her.

I think the reason Metal Mario was popular was because the other heavyweight options kinda sucked.

And the fact that Metal Mario's karts have a smaller body frame than the other heavy characters had nothing to do with it.

MnSG said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:

And the fact that Metal Mario's karts have a smaller body frame than the other heavy characters had nothing to do with it.

That too, but what did that do while you were racing?

It makes you slightly harder to hit

Emphasis on "slightly"

Baby Luigi said:

Emphasis on "slightly"

At the same time, it makes the vehicle less likely to hit walls while making sharp turns.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

Emphasis on "slightly"

At the same time, it makes the vehicle less likely to hit walls while making sharp turns.

Slightly too

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:

Iirc Metal Mario and Bowser were equal in terms of stats, so...

Pink Gold Fanta said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:

I meant as characters. I played as Bowser occasionally as a heavyweight, he wasn't too bad.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Pink Gold Fanta said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:

I meant as characters. I played as Bowser occasionally as a heavyweight, he wasn't too bad.
I use Metal Mario as my heavyweight main and Lakitu as my lightweight main in MK7.

Back