Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Nintendo seems to be really going all-out with mario kart 8 as their last shot of saving the wiiu and I'd be surprised if the current roster is all we're gonna get, considering many classics are missing at the moment. When's the last time Nintendo has revealed a full roster including every single unlockable pre-release anyway? I have no doubts there are more playable characters than currently revealed.

Mijzelffan said:
When's the last time Nintendo has revealed a full roster including every single unlockable pre-release anyway?

Mario Kart 7

What's the general pattern, though?

Mijzelffan said:
Nintendo seems to be really going all-out with mario kart 8 as their last shot of saving the wiiu.

Smash Bros?

Aside from that, MK8 and Super Smash Bros. 4 will make Wii U sales jump. But it might just end up like the Gamecube where Melee and Double Dash were the best-sellers by far. But not alot of other games came close to either game. But a repeat of the Gamecube is looking like a better situation then it is now. If it turns around the Wii U sales better then I expect it too I will be pleasantly surprised.

Starting roster?

I don't want to watch that video :C Could you please tell me who the starter characters are?

@4:44

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Koopa Troopa
Toad
Shy Guy
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluigi

This is going to be the first time where default characters will outnumber the racer slots in a race, if I'm not mistaken.

Great to see that Rosalina is unlockable once again. So there IS a missing row at the beginning... Maybe the 30-character roster we already saw is also missing one more row! I hope the classics come back and at least one more newcomer who is actually worth it. Rosalina is the only unlockable character I'm kind of excited about, and I say "kind of" because I hate her new voice, so I don't think I'll be using her very often in this game. Since I don't have King Boo either, I'll stick to Yoshi and Bowser.

By the way, Baby Luigi and Lefty, I know you hate online play, but if I invited you to play with me (and some other users from this forum), would you do it? It's not like you're going to play with cheating strangers. I don't promise anything, though.

Anser said:
By the way, Baby Luigi and Lefty, I know you hate online play, but if I invited you to play with me (and some other users from this forum), would you do it? It's not like you're going to play with cheating strangers. I don't promise anything, though.

Maybe but don't count on it.

How is there going to be an additional column/row, exactly? I like Diddy Kong and Browser Jr., but can we get this optimistic?

I don't mind playing online with you guys. I don't know if you find our play style questionable... Since we prefer searching for CPU Wario, getting a star, and ramming him off a cliff. We'd never do this to human players. The lack of options, however, is very offputting for us in online play, and I have my sister to play with, so maybe that's why we're so turned off.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
How is there going to be an additional column/row, exactly? I like Diddy Kong and Browser Jr., but can we get this optimistic?

Maybe shrinking the already existing squares? I don't know :C

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Since we prefer searching for CPU Wario, getting a star, and ramming him off a cliff. We'd never do this to human players.

Even if I chose Wario? :'D

If you chose Wario for the sole purpose of us wanting to target you, we'll get you. But if you chose him because you want to seriously race, we won't troll you.

inb4 everyone except LGM and Baby Luigi is Wario.

You really want us to spread out our damage on you guys right? :D

Nah, they look the same length as they always have been

Baby Luigi said:
You really want us to spread out our damage on you guys right? :D

Kind of, hahahaha :D I don't know, I just think it would be very fun if some of us spent some time playing together and interacted in a way different from just writing in the forum. Nobody cheating, nobody trolling, just having fun doing what we like. Just imagine the conversations after we finish racing. Laughs will ensue, I guarantee it.

Well just as long as we get a CPU Wario to toy with....

Based on the video that Baby Luigi revealed to us, VS Race is back for single player mode. That's an improvement over how Mario Kart 7's single player mode was handled.

Yayyyy I guess. That was a huge mistake in Mario Kart 7

There are a few things that occured to me in that video.
  • In Electrodrome, that screen right ahead of the starting line displays the equalizer we saw in the Koopaling trailer during the countdown.
  • Even though he wasn't unlocked, I saw Lakitu in the result screens a few times, along with some others, so not yet unlocked characters can appear in races now?
  • They were playing 150cc in the video, so chances are they unlocked four characters in earlier cups already, instead of them being starters.

MnSG said:
Based on the video that Baby Luigi revealed to us, VS Race is back for single player mode. That's an improvement over how Mario Kart 7's single player mode was handled.
Very nice.

Anser said:

Maybe we could arrange a match or two in "Game With Friends". That is if you even want me :(

Back