Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

ok so I'm late to the reaction party but man those character reveals. I honestly hope there's more to the roster but at the same time I'm not fussed since everything else was pretty great (I'll probably end up using PGP since the concept is just hilarious). The courses are fantastic (especially RR and Mount Wario), the soundtrack is beautiful and now I'm super hyped for this game.

Glowsquid said:
http://www.mariowiki.com/index.php?title=Baby_Rosalina&oldid=1670037
though honestly the fact that this actually happened eclipses everything else hands down

aside from that anyone else chuckle at DK's face during that painful customization segment

Berkana said:
Dreamy Fawful said:
We also need villains who are unrelated to Bowser
This. A thousand times, this.

Wart, Fawful, Smithy, Cackletta, Antasma, Grodus, Shadow Queen, Count Bleck, Dimentio, Pretty much anyone in Legend of the Seven Stars.

Fronk said:
anyone else chuckle at DK's face during that painful customization segment

I chuckled at that entire customization segment.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Fronk said:
anyone else chuckle at DK's face during that painful customization segment

I chuckled at that entire customization segment.
I cringed. I skipped at least half of the gag parts, they were just... uh, how do I explain it? Bad?

The only reasons I would think there'd be more characters is the size thing.

I mean, there are way more lightweights than the other sections, and I feel like they should balance it out.

Which is why the only babies in the game should be Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Wart, Fawful, Smithy, Cackletta, Antasma, Grodus, Shadow Queen, Count Bleck, Dimentio, Pretty much anyone in Legend of the Seven Stars.
Yeah, I know you're being sarcastic, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have other villains in the game who aren't affiliated with Bowser. While the copyright status of all the RPG characters (minus Smithy) is debatable, there's really no reason whatsoever as to why characters like Wart and Tatanga can't be included. These are characters that've been getting brushed aside and ignored over the years with no explainable reason.

Potted Piranha Plant said:
President Madagascar said:
Tbh I don't really care because I will be driving Lakitu exclusively anyways, and you are driving on the friggin' ISS on Nitro Rainbow Road.

Super Smash Misty said:
The guy in the direct calls Ludwig "Loodwig"
BAHAHAHA

That's actually the correct pronounciation.
Only if you're American. :P
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/Ludwig?q=Ludwig

Also in Germany, where the name originated. Therefore it is the most correct one.

KingFawful4321 said:
Koopalings are pretty cool. I don't find Baby Rosalina and Metal Peach that fascinating.
It should have been Kirby instead of Pink Gold Peach.
DANG YOU, ROSALINA REVEAL IN SMASH BROS TRAILER FOR TROLLING MARIO KART FANS THAT KIRBY WILL BE A RACER IN MK8, WHICH LINKS TO LINK BEING A PLAYABLE RACER IN MK8!!!

vini64 said:
The fact is, the N64 Rainbow Road theme is the best song to be found on the game.

Nope, that would be GBA Mario Circuit :P

Godzilla said:
Anser said:
According to IGN there are still some characters to be revealed but it's obvious they're referring to the classic ones like Birdo, Bowser Jr, King Boo, Diddy Kong, Dry Bones and someone else, maybe Honey Queen or Wiggler.
Source please.

I can't find it anymore D: But if you think about it, it makes sense, since there are some ads promoting Birdo in several tracks of the game, it would be ridiculous if she was absent.

Waluigi in Mario Kart 7, though... I don't know anymore. Let's just wait. It's only 29 days more to go.

That source? It's from the ignwiki. Y'know, a wiki? Those ain't reliable.

I never implied they always lie. I just said it's not reliable because it's unsourced and you don't see that information anywhere else. I've seen this statement pop up on GamFAQs as well, all list the same site as the source, so I have a right to be skeptical about it.

Please don't make a strawman out of my statement.

I just saw that Dry Bones is an obstacle in Bone Dry Dunes... I hope that doesn't mean he won't come back. I never use him, but it's nice to have him around. After all, Wiggler appeared in Mario Kart 7, and there were Wigglers as obstacles in Maple Treeway.

And Shy Guys appeared in Shy Guy Falls and we have Shy Guy playable.

Still I think 30 characters is what we're getting unless they announce DLC of course

Baby Luigi said:
And Shy Guys appeared in Shy Guy Falls and we have Shy Guy playable.

Still I think 30 characters is what we're getting unless they announce DLC of course

Sadly, I think that too. I'm mad they cut King Boo because he was my main. Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, Birdo and Dry Bones are classic at this point, and they shouldn't have been cut either.

Diddy's and Bowser Jr.'s exclusion is probably the oddest dilemma of the bunch, especially Bowser Jr., since he has appeared alongside the Koopalings before.

President Madagascar said:
So anyone else thinking that Nintendo made the roster so ridiculous on purpose?

Nah, I think they're just high.

Cirdec said:
I think they cut Bowser Jr. because 7 Koopalings was enough.

Still, he's Bowser's true son, and the middleweight class is just sad with its representatives. Nintendo could've at least tried to do the following to make up for the roster upsets...

Medium
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
Bowser Jr.

Heavy
Dry Bowser
King K. Rool

Say all you want about this, but frankly, having Donkey Kong characters is way better than having a roster composed of useless clones.

Baby Luigi said:
I never implied they always lie. I just said it's not reliable because it's unsourced and you don't see that information anywhere else. I've seen this statement pop up on GamFAQs as well, all list the same site as the source, so I have a right to be skeptical about it.

Please don't make a strawman out of my statement.
No, I was just kidding.

I was just pointing out irony.

I do agree with you, just making a joke.

It's hard to tell online when you're making a joke or not. Don't mind me. I'm just too overly sensitive about too much things. :P

MnSG said:
Say all you want about this, but frankly, having Donkey Kong characters is way better than having a roster composed of useless clones.

Although it's impossible to deny the awesomeness that is Pink Gold Peach, I'd like to see King K. Rool playable as well :/

Back