Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:
Super Smash Misty said:
Anser said:
Sadly, I don't have a 3DS D:
Venezuela's economy needs to shape up.

I KNOW RIGHT? :'( Actually EVERYTHING in this country needs to shape up.

How many Battle Modes are confirmed, by the way? Only Balloon Battles?

There's free for all battle (and possibly team battle as an option) in remixed tracks

What do you mean with remixed tracks? I hope we have Double Deck back, and I hope we have more options other than just Balloon Battle and Coin Battle.

Anser said:
What do you mean with remixed tracks? I hope we have Double Deck back, and I hope we have more options other than just Balloon Battle and Coin Battle.

The battle "arenas" are just the current race tracks, but you battle in them. Double Deck is VERY unlikely to return

I'm digging Cloudtop Cruise's music, I love that Gusty Garden remix.

Also Mount Wario = <3

I like how they put music on courses.

"Every race course has a meaning and we need a 'music with a meaning' to prove it."
-my random quote

Electrodome - Techno music
N64 Rainbow Road - mix of classical and modern music
Moo Moo Meadows - agricultural (eg. Irish farms) music

also, Thwomp Ruins' music reminded me of a music used in LoZ: Skyward Sword. lol!

Bowser's Castle music is like a mix between rock, metal, and jazz :3

Dry Troopa said:
I like how they put music on courses.

"Every race course has a meaning and we need a 'music with a meaning' to prove it."
-my random quote

Electrodome - Techno music
N64 Rainbow Road - mix of classical and modern music
Moo Moo Meadows - agricultural (eg. Irish farms) music

also, Thwomp Ruins' music reminded me of a music used in LoZ: Skyward Sword. lol!

Dolphin Shoals - Jazzy music

Sweet Sweet Canyon - this music reminded me of NSMBU and its overworld/athletic theme, because the theme of the worlds is food (Layer Cake Dessert, Frosted Glacier, Rock Candy Mines)
It would be better with 'bah's

Super Smash Misty said:
Dry Troopa said:
It would be better with 'bah's
No, it would not improve with random "bah"s popping out of nowhere.
Just the first part of Sweet Sweet Canyon music.

btw, like SM3DW and NES Remix, Miiverse stamps are confirmed for MK8 (although it was mentioned in the direct).

I've seen footage when a player used Koopa and Toad and got Koopa and Toad stamps respectively.....does that mean Baby Luigi will have one too?? :D

ATTN Melbournites

There is a playable demo at EB Games Swanston St.

Repeat, there is a playable demo at EB Games Swanston St!

Right now!

All your favourites Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina are there!

Get in!

10258820_10152184621178681_3852210922984136441_n.jpg

I'm guessing because the level has a lot of movement and high speeds. An "athletic" level of sorts.

fantanoice said:
ATTN Melbournites

There is a playable demo at EB Games Swanston St.

Repeat, there is a playable demo at EB Games Swanston St!

Right now!

All your favourites Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina are there!

Get in!

10258820_10152184621178681_3852210922984136441_n.jpg
In Melbourne, Australia!?!
Plz be Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide...

btw, I live in Perth.

Dry Troopa said:

btw, I live in Perth.
Yes, Melbourne Australia.

That particular EB Games has a second floor dedicated to Nintendo stuff. They have a heap of 3DS units (great for Streetpassing), some Wiis, Wii Us, etc. They also hold tournaments and competitions there (was there last weekend for a MKW / SSBB one).

AFAICT Melbourne tends to be where most Nintendo stuff happens, followed by Sydney, then Adelaide/Brisbane, then the rest of the country. Unfortunately I think Perth is one of the places that they tend to forget.

fantanoice said:
AFAICT Melbourne tends to be where most Nintendo stuff happens

That doesn't surprise me, since a quick Google search informed me that Nintendo of Australia is in Scoresby.

fantanoice said:
Dry Troopa said:

btw, I live in Perth.

That particular EB Games has a second floor dedicated to Nintendo stuff. They have a heap of 3DS units (great for Streetpassing), some Wiis, Wii Us, etc. They also hold tournaments and competitions there (was there last weekend for a MKW / SSBB one).

AFAICT Melbourne tends to be where most Nintendo stuff happens, followed by Sydney, then Adelaide/Brisbane, then the rest of the country. Unfortunately I think Perth is one of the places that they tend to forget.
FORGET?! Poor infinite8! When you said that I made the same face as your signature!

fantanoice said:
Dry Troopa said:

btw, I live in Perth.

Oh, the one with the couch that had a Wii U setup on the second floor? It also looked really cool. I've only been there once, it was pretty nice.

I would go, but I'm not terribly worried. I'll get the game in due time. My only problem is the 1-3 week wait after the game comes out. I have to be patient, since it needs to be shipped.

Mario4Ever said:
fantanoice said:
AFAICT Melbourne tends to be where most Nintendo stuff happens

That doesn't surprise me, since a quick Google search informed me that Nintendo of Australia is in Scoresby.
Fun fact: My parent's house / the house I grew up in is about a 10 minute drive from there. For those of you who want to hunt down where I used to live.

Crackin355 said:
Oh, the one with the couch that had a Wii U setup on the second floor? It also looked really cool. I've only been there once, it was pretty nice.

I would go, but I'm not terribly worried. I'll get the game in due time. My only problem is the 1-3 week wait after the game comes out. I have to be patient, since it needs to be shipped.
Yeah that one.

But Crackin, you can play it noooooooow.

fantanoice said:
Crackin355 said:

Yeah that one.

But Crackin, you can play it noooooooow.
Bu-but it's three hours away ;_;

Well this is making the wait seem even longer, it's not like I can go and play it since Melbourne's about 10 hours away, and I also missed the chance at the EB Expo last year, but at least it's playable at all in Australia. I might not even be able to get the game day one due to something messing up with the preorders (and by that I mean the guy in the line in front of me got the last limited edition so I have to hope on day 2 somebody didn't pick theirs up) but that would make me sound inconsiderate of those waiting for deliveries or not getting the game for some other reason.

SKmarioman said:
but at least it's playable at all in Australia.
I know I'm so God damn amazed it's in Australia, because holy hell suddenly Nintendo remembers we exist.

fantanoice said:

that actually sounds pretty cool

shame melbourne is still like two hours away (maybe it's one if you take the train? idk) and i'm too scared to go out to the big scary city for mario kart

Update: Looks like the demo unit is only going to be there for this weekend:
http://www.vooks.net/play-mario-kart-8-this-weekend-at-the-nintendo-experience-melbourne/

Cool that you guys get a demo. Too bad i'm in the US.

I sent in my gamepad for repairs early last month, and i'm getting slightly worried I won't get it back before May 30th.

Back