Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Smasher said:
it would be nice to see a new character that isn't a goddang koopaling
Or a "ripoff" in general, it seems. We have babies, Koopalings, Metal Mario, with older ripoffs including Luigi, Waluigi, Daisy, and Wario.

Mario Kart 8 has an entire family of 'em. :]

Hypochondriac Mario said:
It is Moo Moo Meadows. That's why I mentioned it in the first place.

I also don't like what's going on with N64 Rainbow Road. I like my tracks to be 5 minutes long in 150cc. Just don't make it boring. I mean, I modded my Mario Kart Wii to include a 3-lap 3DS Rainbow Road, and I had a blast.

I think the reasoning for N64 Rainbow Road's length reduction likely has to do with online racing. Having to do a 5+ minute race online is apparently way too excessive, which may explain why no Mario Kart tracks last longer than three minutes anymore.

Guys, I think there's still more than 5 character, tbh.

I mean, they usually have the same amount of sizes, and I think it'd be a bigger jump up from Mario Kart Wii.

Honestly, I'm thinking like 38 maybe. That's plus ten from MKW and leaves a good room for returning characters as well as (hopefully) some new ones. (COME ON TOADSWORHTH, LUBBA AND E. GADD!)

MK8-Mysterious-Items.jpg

What could be the use of the "8" item? Is it going to be the same as the 'Lucky 7' item or a special item (the scene at the end of MK8 E3 trailer)?

The cannonbox speaker whatever idk what it does

I think the 8 item is gonna be the new Lucky Seven. Sigh, I hated that item in Mario Kart 7

MnSG said:
It is Moo Moo Meadows. That's why I mentioned it in the first place.

I also don't like what's going on with N64 Rainbow Road. I like my tracks to be 5 minutes long in 150cc. Just don't make it boring. I mean, I modded my Mario Kart Wii to include a 3-lap 3DS Rainbow Road, and I had a blast.

I think the reasoning for N64 Rainbow Road's length reduction likely has to do with online racing. Having to do a 5+ minute race online is apparently way too excessive, which may explain why no Mario Kart tracks last longer than three minutes anymore.

Ya, most likely, but they can always extend the time limit. Or they can make it so you can race three laps in offline play.

By the way, I'm loving Metal Mario's "Mia Mama!" exclamation.

Ya, most likely, but they can always extend the time limit. Or they can make it so you can race three laps in offline play.

I had a similar thought myself. Though what could be interesting is if the VS Mode offers you the option of selecting the amount of laps that each track would use. And for the tracks that have sections, 9 sections would equal 3 laps.

That would be awesome to race 9 laps. I can imagine bombing Wario the first lap while my sister drives ahead of the competition. Once she laps me, I drive ahead and she continues to pummel Wario. And then.... well, Wario can drive with us one lap behind, lol.

Oh, and we can achieve this with Bob-ombs only items. And that's going to return in Mario Kart 8. :)

You know what's interesting though? We haven't had a Wario track remade yet. Nintendo seems to be avoiding retro Wario tracks like the plague, but why? It seems beyond coincidence that not a single Wario track has seen the light of day since it's original inception. I wonder if Nintendo is planning something, like a WarioWare Racing game or perhaps a special DLC Wario Cup featuring 4 retro Wario tracks.

I don't really care for the returning 3DS tracks, but damn; They made the SNES and GBA tracks look gorgeous. They're really being creative with what they do for those courses because they were limited on their original systems.

I really want to play this. I think I should pre-order it early.

BirdoFan87 said:
You know what's interesting though? We haven't had a Wario track remade yet. Nintendo seems to be avoiding retro Wario tracks like the plague, but why? It seems beyond coincidence that not a single Wario track has seen the light of day since it's original inception. I wonder if Nintendo is planning something, like a WarioWare Racing game or perhaps a special DLC Wario Cup featuring 4 retro Wario tracks.
no.

That would be awesome to race 9 laps. I can imagine bombing Wario the first lap while my sister drives ahead of the competition. Once she laps me, I drive ahead and she continues to pummel Wario. And then.... well, Wario can drive with us one lap behind, lol.

Oh, and we can achieve this with Bob-ombs only items. And that's going to return in Mario Kart 8. :)

My only concern, however, is if the game goes Mario Kart 7 on us by making VS Mode a multiplayer-only game mode again. Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii were able to have a solo VS Mode after all.

BirdoFan87 said:
Just a coincidence.

Baby Luigi said:
Nick Fury said:

That's awesome. I loved Mario Kart 7's item customization, I'm glad to see this returning
I know, it is awesome. I can't wait to bomb Wario to oblivion with Bob-ombs only.

I LOVED it when everyone lapped that poor cute little man in Mario Kart 7 :wario:

Yeah, remember in Rosalina's Ice World, you lapped him TWICE.

I'm really starting to think this could be the best Mario Kart game yet.

-It combines the best of both worlds between both Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart Wii
-It feeds more Mario Kart 64 Nostalgia for gamers like me with re-imagined versions of Rainbow Road, Royal Raceway (Though too bad the castle entrance is blocked off. Oh well, I thought Royal Raceway was a neat track even besides being able to mess around at the castle), Toad's Turnpike, and Yoshi Valley. Plus the Pipe frame is already confirmed.
-You know it's amazing when for the first time we can say a Mario Kart game looks beautiful. Seriously the Graphics are really something to behold.
-A soundtrack created by a live orchestra
-etc.

I'm really excited now ^^

All the characters I really want to use are back, well, except for probably two so far, but I like to wait and see. I also hope the Battle Mode is good, but with the item system from Mario Kart 7 returning, I'm looking forward to it.

President Madagascar said:
Baby Luigi said:
poor cute little man :wario:

I thought you hated Wario?
But he's adorable.

Ulrich said:
New Super Mario said:
I want an item customization similar to CTR's battle mode where you could specifically turn off items you don't want.

Like Blooper.

Or all blooper.

>:D

So I can use a Blooper on you in retaliation? Cool.

Back