Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I should break down the number of courses from each game so here we go:

SNES: 1
N64: 4 (that leaves one course, wow Nintendo)
GBA: 1
GCN: 3
DS: 2
Wii: 3
3DS: 3
Total: 16

My predictions for the two unconfirmed courses our GCN Bowser's Castle and Wii Wario's Gold Mine.
I hate to say it but I just don't see them being more than one SNES or GBA course.

We

Just got my internet back. Saw all this, flipped out. Here I go explaining how I feel:

A retro track wasted in Moo Moo Meadows. At least it looks nice.

HOLY CRAP THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING. Prime example: N64 Rainbow Road

Wow, Mario Circuit isn't the first track. Mario Kart Stadium looks cool.

Cool item ideas. Never would have thought of a Piranha Plant.

Pretty much all of the retro tracks I was hoping for. The only one me not wanting being Moo Moo Meadows.

Characters are nice, kinda disappointed with Metal Mario. Still waiting for Petey...

I LOVE the gliding ramp truck on Toad's Turnpike.

Pretty much all of the retro tracks are unrecognizable. Only ones I recognized were N64 Rainbow Road and N64 Toad's Turnpike.

ALL OF MY YES FOR YOSHI VALLEY.

tl;dr Game looks nice, Ew Moo Moo Meadows, eh characters.

*watches gameplay of this game*

HD!

SO PRETTY!

SO FAST PACED!

MUST PLAY!

*starts drooling*

Do we know the order of tracks? If not, I think this is how it'll turn out:

Mushroom:
Mario Kart Stadium
Sweet Sweet Canyon
Water Park
Thwomp Ruins

Flower:
Mario Circuit
Toad Harbor
Shy Guy Falls
Twisted Mansion

Star:
Sunshine Airport
Dolphin Shoals
Electrodrome
???

Special:
Bone Dry Dunes
Cloudtop Cruise
Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road

Shell:
GBA Mario Circuit
Wii Moo Moo Meadows
DS Cheep Cheep Beach
N64 Toad's Turnpike

Banana:
SNES Donut Plains 3
3DS DK Jungle
N64 Royal Raceway
GCN Dry Dry Desert

Leaf:
GCN Sherbet Land (unconfirmed)
GBA Cheese Land (unconfirmed)
3DS Music Park
N64 Yoshi Valley (unconfirmed)

Lightning:
3DS Piranha Plant Slide
DS Tick Tock Clock
Wii Grumble Volcano
N64 Rainbow Road

You can check the wiki for the correct Mushroom, Flower, Shell & Banana cup orders since they have been revealed in a demo.

Other cups haven't been revealed but we know most of the tracks.

I hope nobody is surprised that Mario Circuit isn't the first track. It's never the first track because Mario's love for flowers needs to be expressed somehow.

LakituderSchnell said:
Now you say so, I assumed they played them in a random order, didn't really look deeply into it.

I even posted that video myself before. :P

Unless they put them in the wrong order so that we'd be confused then I'd say this is probably the order they appear in.

I like to think Gamexplain isn't that misleading.

Did anyone else notice Mario Kart Stadium and Mario Circuit just have remixed versions of the same music?

It's called the main theme. At least it's different remixes this time.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
I hope nobody is surprised that Mario Circuit isn't the first track. It's never the first track because Mario's love for flowers needs to be expressed somehow.

What about that time in MKDS when it was in the Star Cup?

Squirtle said:
It's called the main theme. At least it's different remixes this time.
Like Luigi Circuit, Mario Circuit and Daisy Circuit from MKW.
Also Toad Circuit, Mario Circuit and Neo Bowser City from MK7.

Mario Kart Stadium is like a starter track that introduces anti-gravity to MK fans. Otherwise it looks gourgeous!

Petey Piranha said:

That was actually a good Mario Circuit :P

Petey Piranha said:

It's the forgettable Mario Circuit, that's why. Nevertheless, it's just an exception.

Also, Mario really needs a non-circuit track when everyone else that got 2+ tracks got a non-circuit track.

Also, Mario really needs a non-circuit track when everyone else that got 2+ tracks got a non-circuit track.

Does Mario Kart Stadium count? It's the only track with "Mario" in the title that isn't Mario Circuit. Besides Mario Raceway.

Petey Piranha said:

Does Mario Kart Stadium count? It's the only track with "Mario" in the title that isn't Mario Circuit. Besides Mario Raceway.
Mario Raceway is just a circuit with a different name. Mario Kart Stadium isn't really "Mario" track as much as it's just a track about Mario Kart, not Mario himself.

We got Mario Beach and Mario Highway in Arcade GP, but nobody really ever pays attention to these games anyway. :'(

i wish i could play the gp games but i cant find them ever.

We need Wario Kart. All the characters are Wario and the only courses are Wario Stadium, Wario Colosseum, Wario's Gold Mine, and Wario Shipyard. The only items are bloopers and every track is 69 laps.

Petey Piranha said:
We need Wario Kart. All the characters are Wario and the only courses are Wario Stadium, Wario Colosseum, Wario's Gold Mine, and Wario Shipyard. The only items are bloopers and every track is 69 laps.

Oh god

Nick Fury said:
Zae Eildus said:
i wish i could play the gp games but i cant find them ever.
There are games about me?
Well, there isn't a single Petey Piranha in space to be seen, but maybe they're on to something.

I use emulators running at suboptimal speed to play the Mario Kart Arcade Grand Prix games, lol.

Petey Piranha said:
Well, we can actually do that with modding Mario Kart Wii, but we just need the imports and a code that enables a 69-lap run.

Well, importing the courses is no easy feat, since the 3DS files can't be put to good use yet.

Back