Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Freakworld said:
Not to mention Double Dash had a red case too.

Well, only newer versions I guess; my Mario Kart Double Dash came in a normal case

I like the red color though. Makes the game special (because it is)

Freakworld said:
Anser said:
I hate the red case D: It reminds me of New Super Mario Bros. Wii... I want all my game cases to look similar, and Mario Kart 8 will stand out... Kind of OCD, I know, but I can't help it.

Didn't you say that before somewhere...

I have an awful feeling of déjàvu right now and I want it to stop T_T

Not to mention Double Dash had a red case too.

Yes, I did, haha. I tend to repeat the same stuff whenever I consider it necessary. My Double Dash came with a normal case, though.

Here are my predictions for all the cups.

Mushroom Cup:
Mario Circuit
(Unrevealed Course)
Dolphin Shoals
(Unrevealed Course)

Flower Cup:
Sweet Sweet Canyon
Toad Harbor
Shy Guy Falls
Twisted Mansion

Star Cup:
Sunshine Airport
Club Koopaling
Thwomp Ruins
Bone Dry Dunes

Special Cup:
Wario's Water Park
Cloudtop Cruise
Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road

Shell Cup:
DS Figure 8 Circuit
GBA Cheese Land
GCN Dry Dry Desert
Wii Toad's Factory

Banana Cup:
GBA Mario Circuit
SNES Koopa Beach 1
3DS Music Park
GCN Wario Colosseum

Leaf Cup:
SNES Vanilla Lake 2
3DS DK Jungle
N64 Yoshi Valley
Wii Grumble Volcano

Lightning Cup:
3DS Piranha Plant Slide
DS Tick Tock Clock
GCN Bowser's Castle
N64 Rainbow Road

Um, Cheese Land shouldn't be Shell Cup course. You should swap it and Koopa Beach 1

Cloudtop Cruise in its glory

1625492_599017400172998_556123851_n.png

Looks like the three flags above Mario Kart sign has a star on them which may mean this could be part of the Star Cup.

So now we know the Star Cup will have:

Sunshine Airport
"Klub Koopaling"
Cloudtop Cruise
????

We know Toad Harbor is Flower Cup. Twisted Mansion is unknown, as well as Shy Guy Falls, Bone Dry Dunes, Sweet Canyon, Dolphin Shoals, and the Roller Coaster track, possibly called Water Park. Mario Circuit is speculated to be part of the Mushroom Cup. I don't think they've shown is any Special Cup tracks yet and the jury if still out on whether they added a 5th track per cup or an extra cup.

Yet no matter what, the Mario Wiki won't change the name of the remaining tracks to what the signs said in Sunshine Airport when it was blatantly obvious those are track names now. :/

I think it's also interesting that we are getting 3D models of the blue-shelled Paratroopa, as well as red and green.

And it appears that we are getting track name reveals in trailer order (we got brief glimpses of Thwomp Ruins and Sweet Sweet Canyon in the first one), so the next track should be Bone Dry Dunes (if that's it's real name :/) or Sunshine Airport.

BirdoFan87 said:
Yet no matter what, the Mario Wiki won't change the name of the remaining tracks to what the signs said in Sunshine Airport when it was blatantly obvious those are track names now. :/

Because it still falls under speculation

Baby Luigi said:
BirdoFan87 said:

Well if it quacks like a duck...

BirdoFan87 said:
Baby Luigi said:
BirdoFan87 said:

Well if it quacks like a duck...

That's not always the case.

Here are my predictions of the 40 tracks that I really want to see in Mario Kart 8.

Mushroom Cup
Mario Circuit
Sweet Sweet Canyon
Dolphin Shoals
Twisted Mansion
Flower Cup
Toad Harbour
DK Coast
Thwomp Ruins
Grassy Hills
Shine Cup (I hope)
Sherbet Land
Yoshi Temple
Wiggler Forest
Bone Dry Dunes
Star Cup
Sunshine Airport
Shy Guy Falls
Koopaling Nightclub
Cloudtop Cruise
Special Cup
Water Park
Star City
Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road
Shell Cup
Wii Toad's Factory
SNES Ghost Valley 1
GBA Riverside Park
GCN Dry Dry Desert
Banana Cup
GBA Mario Circuit
3DS Melody Motorway
SNES Bowser Castle 2
N64 Toad's Turnpike
Leaf Cup
3DS Wuhu Island Loop
DS Shroom Ridge
GBA Cheese Land
GCN Wario Colosseum
Lightning Cup
3DS Piranha Plant Pipeway
DS Tick-Tock Clock
N64 Royal Raceway
Wii Grumble Volcano
Cloud Cup (I hope)
DS Wario Stadium
3DS DK Jungle
Wii Bowser's Castle
GCN Rainbow Road

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but I seriously doubt Nintendo is going to add more tracks. Sure, they added an extra cup in GBA, but 4 games later and they still haven't added more tracks (besides retro tracks, but at least they kept it for later games). I just don't see it happening. I also doubt they'll add a track creator or a story mode.

Then again, crazier things have happened with Nintendo.

MKguy7 said:
Not to rain on anybody's parade, but I seriously doubt Nintendo is going to add more tracks. Sure, they had 20 in SNES and GBA, but it's been 4 games since they had extra tracks (besides retro tracks, but at least they kept it for later games), and I just don't see it happening.

I don't understand why they just don't add another cup and actually attempt to surpass GBA. Times have changed and I'd expect more courses from future games.

It's not a dealbreaker if there's only 32 tracks again (not gonna miss out on Baby Luigi in HD, NO WAY) but it'll be disappointing, that's what. Though I do appreciate the tons of effort and detail poured into the new courses (and retro!) you can race on those tracks only so much times, y'know?

Track creator? Ain't gonna happen. If it did, then, it's gonna suck.

Baby Luigi said:
MKguy7 said:
Not to rain on anybody's parade, but I seriously doubt Nintendo is going to add more tracks. Sure, they had 20 in SNES and GBA, but it's been 4 games since they had extra tracks (besides retro tracks, but at least they kept it for later games), and I just don't see it happening.

I don't understand why they just don't add another cup and actually attempt to surpass GBA. Times have changed and I'd expect more courses from future games.

It's not a dealbreaker if there's only 32 tracks again (not gonna miss out on Baby Luigi in HD, NO WAY) but it'll be disappointing, that's what. Though I do appreciate the tons of effort and detail poured into the new courses (and retro!) you can race on those tracks only so much times, y'know?

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see more tracks, but I think it's unlikely.

Meh, my expectations aren't like, "oh they have a 100& chance of putting more tracks in" all I'm saying is that it'll be fantastic if there was more tracks than the usual 32

32 tracks tends to be the Mario Kart tradition. Sadly, this does result in an imbalance with the retro track representation.

Damn you Europeans

Yeah, like I want to have this thing in my room.

I wish they used the blue shell with wings. It looked cooler and wasn't as broken.

Also, if there were going to be more tracks I would want the 5 courses in a cup format like SNES, not an extra cup like GBA.

MKguy7 said:
I wish they used the blue shell with wings. It looked cooler and wasn't as broken.
Wasn't as broken? Well it screwed first place over while not helping the person who launched it in the slightest. While the one without wings can hit people between 1st and the launcher, thus making it a useful item and not a complete middle finger to first.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
MKguy7 said:
Wasn't as broken? Well it screwed first place over while not helping the person who launched it in the slightest. While the one without wings can hit people between 1st and the launcher, thus making it a useful item and not a complete middle finger to first.

Beautiful explanation. You have my applause.

MKguy7 said:
Also, if there were going to be more tracks I would want the 5 courses in a cup format like SNES, not an extra cup like GBA.

I don't want five courses. 4 courses are already a hassle to race through. Besides. it's pretty much confirmed that the game will use 4 tracks per cup.

Back