Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Then how about just Dixie, and Cranky, and Funky... and Chunky, and Tiny, and Wrinkly, and Baby DK, and Kiddy? ;)

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Then how about just Dixie, and Cranky, and Funky... and Chunky, and Tiny, and Wrinkly, and Baby DK, and Kiddy? ;)

They might as well make Donkey Kong Racing, hahaha.

Wait a second, wasn't that supposed to exist some time ago?

Predictions for how the course lay-out will be for the Nitro Tracks.

Mushroom:
Mario Circuit (from E3)
Residental Course (from E3)
Haunted Mansion (from E3)
Sweet-Sweet Canyon (From E3)

Flower:
Thwomp Ruins (From end 2013 ND)
Beanstalk Garden (From end 2013 ND)
Shy Guy Falls (Waterfall stage from last ND)
Sub Station (From last ND)

Star Cup:
Sunshine Airport (from last 2013 ND)
Dolphin Shoals (from last ND)
Unconfirmed Stage
Koopaling City ("Lemmy Lights" showed in last ND)

Special Cup:
Dry Ruins (from end 2013 ND)
Unconfirmed stage
Bowser Castle (Unconfirmed)
Rainbow Road (Unconfirmed)

When the game comes out, we'll see how accurate I really was.

Assuming that the height/weight system from Mario Kart 7 is returning (which I hope it does, because it's way more organized), I think the Koopalings will be classified like this:

Lemmy Feather
Larry Light
Wendy Medium
Ludwig Medium
Iggy Cruiser
Morton Heavy
Roy Heavy

Lemmy is just way too small and seems fragile. Larry isn't very tall/heavy either. Wendy and Ludwig seem to be around the same size as Luigi. Iggy is much taller than the rest of the Koopalings, and Morton and Roy seem heavy and pudgy. What do you guys think?

Looks good, Iggy though is quite skinny so he could work as a medium

Here's mine:
Mushroom Cup:
Mario Circuit
???
Dolphin Shoals
Little America Town (residential course)

Flower Cup:
Sweet Sweet Canyon
Shy Guy Falls
Boo Manor
Thwomp Ruins

Star Cup:
Sunshine Airport
???
Larry's Lights (neon course)
Bone Dry Dunes

Special Cup:
Sub Coaster (waterpark course)
Cloudtop Cruise
Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road

I tend to think that Larry would be the all-around kind of Koopaling, hence why I placed him in the Medium class.

How about instead of 4 retro cups with only 1 course per game each, we have 8 retro cups with 4 from each game, set up like SNES Cup, N64 Cup, etc. We could even have 8 nitro cups. Just think: 64 tracks total.

Guys, i'm just spitballing here.

While that would be awesome they wouldn't be able to do that again for Mario kart 9 because they would only have 1 course left from N64 and DD

Meta Knight said:
While that would be awesome they wouldn't be able to do that again for Mario kart 9 because they would only have 1 course left from N64 and DD

That is going to happen eventually anyway. At some point, they're only going to be able to use tracks from the latest Mario Karts, and that will render the whole Retro Cup concept pointless. I have said it multiple times: I like it, but I'd rather have all tracks from the game be brand new than revisiting tracks from older games.

Anser said:
Meta Knight said:

That is going to happen eventually anyway. At some point, they're only going to be able to use tracks from the latest Mario Karts, and that will render the whole Retro Cup concept pointless. I have said it multiple times: I like it, but I'd rather have all tracks from the game be brand new than revisiting tracks from older games.

True, the fact that they use these tracks as what seems like "filler" when they could just make more new tracks to have the same content.

One thing I'd like to see is the ability to make custom setlists that play like a grand prix, basically vs but you can course the 4 races beforehand and play all straight through

16 cups...now that's too much. Super Circuit amount or one more from each Nitro or Retro would be fine by me

Honestly, they shouldn't have wasted all the N64 tracks in one spot. If that means no more N64 tracks, fine by me. We barely scratched some of the other games' surfaces anyway.

Speaking of Kong characters, I'd rather see King K. Rool than the other ones.

Which game "wasted" all the N64 tracks into one spot?

Hypochondriac Mario said:

All of 'em. We're pretty much out of usable tracks from that game (after Mario Kart 8).

Edit: lol that smiley

That doesn't make it putting all eggs into one basket, though. It's just... Nintendo overused them without compensating.

Mario Kart Wii, for starters and Mario Kart 7.

7 even had only 2 GCN tracks.

I figured I should post the retro courses not used, for future reference.

SNES: Mario Circuit 4, Donut Plains 2 & 3, Ghost Valley 1 & 3, Bowser Castle 1, 2, & 3, Choco Island 1, Koopa Beach 1, Vanilla Lake 1 & 2. Total: 13
So many tracks, most likely because there's 20 and they're different versions of each other.

N64: Toad's Turnpike, Wario Stadium, Royal Raceway, Yoshi Valley, Rainbow Road. Total: 5
Not looking so good for Mario Kart 64, at least track wise.

GBA: Riverside Park, Boo Lake, Cheese Land, Cheep Cheep Island, Sunset Wilds, Snow Land, Ribbon Road, Yoshi Desert, Lakeside Park, Broken Pier, Bowser Castle 4, Rainbow Road. Total: 12
The runt of the litter. The only reason it has less than SNES is because of the Bowser Castles. Didn't include Mario Circuit because it's confirmed for MK8.

GCN: Sherbet Land, Mushroom City, Wario Colosseum, Bowser Castle, Rainbow Road. Total: 5
So many good courses that GCN is running dry. Not counting Dry Dry Desert since it's confirmed for MK8.

DS: Figure 8 Circuit, Cheep Cheep Beach, Shroom Ridge, Mario Circuit, Wario Stadium, Bowser Castle, Rainbow Road. Total: 7
I'm surprised so many DS tracks have been reused. Both Wii and 3DS had 4 of them. Didn't count Tick Tock Clock since it's confirmed for MK8.

Wii: Luigi Circuit, Moo Moo Meadows, Mario Circuit, DK Summit, Wario's Gold Mine, Daisy Circuit, Dry Dry Ruins, Moonview Highway, Bowser Castle, Rainbow Road. Total: 11
Too bad a lot of the good ones are gone.. at least we have DK Summit, Wario's Gold Mine, and Moonview Highway. Not including Grumble Volcano since it's confirmed for MK8.

3DS: Toad Circuit, Daisy Hills, Cheep Cheep Lagoon, Shy Guy Bazaar, Wuhu Loop, Mario Circuit, Rock Rock Mountain, Wario Shipyard, Neo Bowser City, Maka Wuhu, Rosalina's Ice World, Bowser Castle, Rainbow Road. Total: 13
Of course, not including DK Jungle, Piranha Plant Slide, or Music Park since they're confirmed for MK8.

Retro Track Predictions/Hopes Merged:

N64: 1 (Rainbow Road)
GBA: 3 (Mario Circut, ??)
GCN: 2 (Dry Dry Desert, ?)
DS: 2 (Tick Tock Clock, ?)
Wii: 4 (Grumble Volcano, ???)
3DS: 4 (DK Jungle, Piranha Slide, Music Park, ?)

Banana: (Wii, 3DS, GBA, GCN)
Shell: (Wii, 3DS, GCN, DS)
Leaf: (Wii, 3DS, GBA, DS)
Lightning: (Wii, 3DS, GBA, N64)

They really shouldn't be putting in any SNES Tracks, especially seeing as they were Retro Tracks for the GBA version and that game was put on the 3DS Virtual COnsole for people who bought 3DS systems before the price drop and probably will be eventually available to other people by paying additional money since it would be a risk free way Nintendo could take in a bit more money. Nintendo could even reprogram how to unlock the Retro Cups in GBA/SNES to make it more manageable if they want to keep both new game fans and SNES fans happy.

3D Player 2004 said:
Retro Track Predictions/Hopes Merged:

N64: 1 (Rainbow Road)
GBA: 3 (Mario Circut, ??)
GCN: 2 (Dry Dry Desert, ?)
DS: 2 (Tick Tock Clock, ?)
Wii: 4 (Grumble Volcano, ???)
3DS: 4 (DK Jungle, Piranha Slide, Music Park, ?)

Banana: (Wii, 3DS, GBA, GCN)
Shell: (Wii, 3DS, GCN, DS)
Leaf: (Wii, 3DS, GBA, DS)
Lightning: (Wii, 3DS, GBA, N64)

They really shouldn't be putting in any SNES Tracks, especially seeing as they were Retro Tracks for the GBA version and that game was put on the 3DS Virtual COnsole for people who bought 3DS systems before the price drop and probably will be eventually available to other people by paying additional money since it would be a risk free way Nintendo could take in a bit more money. Nintendo could even reprogram how to unlock the Retro Cups in GBA/SNES to make it more manageable if they want to keep both new game fans and SNES fans happy.

I like the SNES tracks, it brings back nostalgia and seeing them in HD is great.I really don't like that layout. I'd like this, it's more balanced.

SNES: 2
N64: 2
GBA: 2
GCN: 3
DS: 2
Wii: 2
3DS: 3

Why is everyone getting their stuff all over the place over this?

64 and other MK games will run out.

But you know what? Good.

Because when 64 runs out, they'll already have 7 other games for Mario Kart 9 to use for Retro Courses.

So yeah, saying that using all of them now would just be lame, think about how Mario Kart DS only had 4 games to use past tracks from. This game has 7 that they have to use from.

So it's not like once 64 or SNES or even GCN that it'll be the end of Retro courses. It'll just be more newer options.

They might just reuse 64's tracks, you know.

They might just reuse 64's tracks, you know.

Why though?

Each game will always have a minimum of 16 tracks that they could use, since the previous game will not have all those tracks. The more they reuse, the more that they'll have courses that never become retro tracks.

Anna said:
Why is everyone getting their stuff all over the place over this?

64 and other MK games will run out.

But you know what? Good.

Because when 64 runs out, they'll already have 7 other games for Mario Kart 9 to use for Retro Courses.

So yeah, saying that using all of them now would just be lame, think about how Mario Kart DS only had 4 games to use past tracks from. This game has 7 that they have to use from.

So it's not like once 64 or SNES or even GCN that it'll be the end of Retro courses. It'll just be more newer options.

Even then, there's a minimum of 4 tracks for every game. So it will take at least until Mario Kart 10 for them to run out.

personally id rather them ditch retro courses altogether and just make new ones.

24 new tracks per game would be awesome.

Back