Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

Red Koopa Paratroopa said:
And we don't want a replay of the old Mario Kart games which only had 7/8 characters :(

Baby Luigi said:
I REALLY don't want a Mario & Sonic crossover with Mario Kart. This means that Baby Luigi has a chance to get scrapped in favor of crap.

Cool down, I know he is your favorite character.

he's cooler than Sonic, end of story

Baby Luigi said:
I REALLY don't want a Mario & Sonic crossover with Mario Kart. This means that Baby Luigi has a chance to get scrapped in favor of crap.
Lord Spongeful said:
Assuming you mean the Sonic crossover thing, you do know it could mean no new Mario characters, right?
Though still a rumor, the best outcome is we get a Kart 8 in 2014 first and then M&S Racing in 2016.

Or the other resolution is using DLC to give 50 playable characters in this game.

Dorayaki said:
Baby Luigi said:
Lord Spongeful said:
Assuming you mean the Sonic crossover thing, you do know it could mean no new Mario characters, right?
Though still a rumor, the best outcome is we get a Kart 8 in 2014 first and then M&S Racing in 2016.

Or the other resolution is using DLC to give 50 playable characters in this game.
I want 50 characters, not counting DLC.

Smasher said:
Yep. There's no new characters that I absolutely would love to see added, so that's not going to bother me.

Me neither. It's awesome that my most beloved character is guaranteed. Unless it's New Super Luigi U.

But that's selfish. I'd still like to see a separate cross-over along with Mario Kart. It would be nice to see Mario and Sonic doing something that is NOT Olympics related.

Smasher said:
Yep. There's no new characters that I absolutely would love to see added, so that's not going to bother me.
No, like Baby Luigi's comment, what we care more about is many popular racers from Kart 6 won't return if doing so. Especially Birdo, Waluigi or Toadette who weren't in Kart 7 too.

And speaking for Sonic games, honestly I want to see them have a spinoff with their characters only. It's not happy to see no Cream or Rouge in both crossovers (Olympic, Allstar Racing).

Smasher said:
I would have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever if it was true.
Me neither. It'd be especially great if it had a Double Dash mechanic going for it.

Dorayaki said:
Smasher said:
No, like Baby Luigi's comment, what we care more about is many popular racers from Kart 6 won't return if doing so.

Ok. My post was a response to a post about new characters that had nothing to do with returning characters, though.

But as a response to your post, as long as the really important ones (Mario Bros, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, etc) get in (which they would), I'd honestly be fine with it. I guess it'd be dumb if someone like Waluigi got dumped for something like Honey Queen again, but eh. I'd buy it regardless.

Baby Luigi said:
And we don't want a replay of the old Mario Kart games which only had 7/8 characters :(

Baby Luigi said:

Cool down, I know he is your favorite character.

he's cooler than Sonic, end of story

That's subjective. I assume you know that though because you shut the conversation down pretty quick.

I myself hate Baby Luigi but I would not mind if they added him this next game. Or any character. I'm pretty relaxed about what characters get in, but I do enjoy the strange choices like The newcomers in MK7 more than characters like Baby *Character* or the usual characters. I'd love to play as a Goomba though, I think that'd be interesting.

Smasher said:
But as long as the really important ones (Mario Bros, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, etc) get in (which they would), I'd honestly be fine with it. I guess it'd be dumb if someone like Waluigi got dumped for something like Honey Queen again, but eh. I'd buy it regardless.
Well, regardless of some other notable characters who haven't been a racer (eg, Dixie), most fans hope that home Karts can include all main characters and popular ones, since Kart is really a bit hit, while other spinoffs and handheld Karts can only include a limited number of characters for inevitable reasons.

Olympics games and Sonic Allstar Racing had dissapointed some fans, and it's even a huge deal when a home Kart is messed up. Like I said, unless this crossover suggestion is for a different title, or the staff can give enough spots at one time, it's very dangerous to go counter to fans' expectations.

And discussed before, Kart 7 just made a try for newcomers. You can only complain that some other new racers are more competent than Honey Queen and Metal Mario.

Crackin355 said:
I myself hate Baby Luigi but I would not mind if they added him this next game.
Well, technically babies and species were added to balance the classes of characters . But in SEGA Allstar Racing, they just pick the ones they want and don't use such a system.

I'm gonna change my signature for the prediction of my Mario Kart Wii U roster
Looks like your avatar you changed. Also, did that really warrant a double post?

Am I the only one who would like to see Donkey Kong Jr. back? Come on, it's been 13 YEARS since his last playable appearance.

Oh, and don't come and say "it's a chronological problem", or "the current Donkey Kong is Donkey Kong Jr." because that doesn't make any sense. We're talking about MARIO GAMES here. They always care little to nothing about logic. We have seen Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Donkey Kong and more appear with their baby counterparts at the same time in several games. They are just different representations of the same character.

Anser said:
Am I the only one who would like to see Donkey Kong Jr. back? Oh, and don't come and say "it's a chronological problem", or "the current Donkey Kong is Donkey Kong Jr." because that doesn't make any sense.
I think the answer is no. We do need some logic about the story settings instead of messing it up.

It is still "possible" but the right way is firstly making a new DK game, and letting DK Jr. appear in that game to explain what his identity is now. He might have become an adult as DK's father, or appear as a past form of DK. Like the babies you mentioned, they had games to explain their origins and how they came to the present timeline.

And like Pauline's case, even he/she has returned as a new regular, they aren't the most important characters as they were in present official canons. Many other characters (Dixie, KingK Rool etc) are waiting for a race in the first row.

Lord Spongeful said:
I'm gonna change my signature for the prediction of my Mario Kart Wii U roster
Looks like your avatar you changed. Also, did that really warrant a double post?

I think we should just forget about it and remove the comments

Lakituthequick said:
I'm gonna chan my signature for the prediction of my Mario Kart Wii U roster
> "I'm changing my signature."
> Changes avatar

Makes sense.

It's kinda bad, so I'll change it back

Anser said:
Am I the only one who would like to see Donkey Kong Jr. back? Come on, it's been 13 YEARS since his last playable appearance.

Oh, and don't come and say "it's a chronological problem", or "the current Donkey Kong is Donkey Kong Jr." because that doesn't make any sense. We're talking about MARIO GAMES here. They always care little to nothing about logic. We have seen Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Donkey Kong and more appear with their baby counterparts at the same time in several games. They are just different representations of the same character.

I doubt DK Jr will reappear

I see a cage. The cage is made of steel and it contains Fawful, Dimentio, Geno, Mallow, Cackletta, Count Bleck, Grodus, Doopliss, and a ton more. This cage is very unnecessary, and I'd love to see it disappear before others like Antasma are added to it.

Lord Spongeful said:
I see a cage. The cage is made of steel and it contains Fawful, Dimentio, Geno, Mallow, Cackletta, Count Bleck, Grodus, Doopliss, and a ton more. This cage is very unnecessary, and I'd love to see it disappear before others like Antasma are added to it.

OH NO! not dimentio!

aregularforumuser said:
Lord Spongeful said:

OH NO! not dimentio!
Yes, Dimentio. They are all being held back from racing with the rest of the Mario cast. I say destroy this cage and free the RPG characters! Let them in, Nintendo! Come on, what have you got to lose?

I agree 100% perhaps add Princess Shroob and a regular Shroob into that mix as well the RPG characters need to get into Mario Kart.

Lord Spongeful said:
aregularforumuser said:
Lord Spongeful said:

OH NO! not dimentio!
Yes, Dimentio. They are all being held back from racing with the rest of the Mario cast. I say destroy this cage and free the RPG characters! Let them in, Nintendo! Come on, what have you got to lose?

well, they have to make 3d models for them, and they will possibly look really awkward....

3D models are perhaps the smallest problem, if a problem at all. The biggest problem is that Nintendo doesn't seem to consider them part of the Mario cast. But I feel like I've gone through this way too much, so let's just drop it and hope someone from Nintendo reads this thread.

I don't think Nintendo will ever read this thread, as they don't really read Mario forums :/

Also, I don't want RPG Characters in Mario Kart!! I don't wanna see:

Koopa Troopa and Shy Guy knocked off the roster! :(

I don't think Nintendo will ever read this thread, as they don't really read Mario forums :/

maybe the janitor at nintendo headquarters will read this.

Koopa troopa is never going away.

Back