Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

That would be worse than the Fire Flower, which is already slightly annoying.

In the trailer, there's a short clip with Koopa Troopa in 3DS Music Park, where you can see a blue ball being fired from one of the drivers behind, which sort of looks like an ice ball.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Thank god the characters don't scream for every *bleep*ing mini-turbo like in Mario Kart Wii anymore.

Hey I love Baby Luigi scream for every mini-turbo, if you're a true fan of the character you would love it when he screams.

I'm pretty sure that if Baby Mario and Baby Luigi aren't playable in this game, we're going to go in Nintendo and knock some heads together...

In all seriousness (as we know they will be in it), I think that we will probably be getting some more news about it once December comes. I feel like right now they are just trying to really advertise SM3DW.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Thank god the characters don't scream for every *bleep*ing mini-turbo like in Mario Kart Wii anymore.

I actually like that.

All right, is it just me, or is anyone getting the strong feeling that after the <i>Super Mario 3D World</i> game gets released that we MIGHT see at least one course that might resemble the said installment? I wouldn't be surprised if that were to happen.

Baby Luigi said:
ThePremiumYoshi said:

Hey I love Baby Luigi scream for every mini-turbo, if you're a true fan of the character you would love it when he screams.

I would prefer it if they didn't scream for the mini-turbos, even if I like some characters' voices (Koopa Troopa for example).

Besides, some characters sound really annoying, and it would be weird if only certain characters screamed, so it's best to just remove the screams for mini-turbos in my opinion.

MeritC said:
All right, is it just me, or is anyone getting the strong feeling that after the <i>Super Mario 3D World</i> game gets released that we MIGHT see at least one course that might resemble the said installment? I wouldn't be surprised if that were to happen.

Well, that didn't happen to Super Mario Galaxy unless you count the music.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
In the trailer, there's a short clip with Koopa Troopa in 3DS Music Park, where you can see a blue ball being fired from one of the drivers behind, which sort of looks like an ice ball.
That is the glare of the lights on the piano keys.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Baby Luigi said:
ThePremiumYoshi said:

I would prefer it if they didn't scream for the mini-turbos, even if I like some characters' voices (Koopa Troopa for example).

Besides, some characters sound really annoying, and it would be weird if only certain characters screamed, so it's best to just remove the screams for mini-turbos in my opinion.

But it's better if they screamed and flew off a cliff shortly after that

ThePremiumYoshi said:

Yes. Daisy, Baby Daisy, Donkey Kong, Funky Kong and Waluigi specifically.

Anser said:
ThePremiumYoshi said:

Yes. Daisy, Baby Daisy, Donkey Kong, Funky Kong and Waluigi specifically.

What? We mock that voice all the time. :) OOOOOO-shiao-hoooo! :dk:

Baby Luigi is awesome though. He's like, wah WWOOOOAAAAHHHHH and Wario is like WAAAAAAAAAHHHH HAAAAAAAAAAAA HHAAAAAAAAAAA. So I like it and I like seeing them fly away and down a cliff.

i'm amazed that this has 91 pages despite the fact that there has been basically no information revealed since e3 (from what i know, at least)

Pearl said:
i'm amazed that this has 91 pages despite the fact that there has been basically no information revealed since e3 (from what i know, at least)

You're impressed by THAT!?

It's worse on GameFAQs, where they had a bazillion topics in the Smash Bros. 4 boards even before the E3

I hope they reuse one of Wario's voice clips from Mario Kart 7 for falling off: "D'oooooooooooooh..."

I hope Wario also gets a funny losing noise as how he did in Mario Kart 7.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
I hope they reuse one of Wario's voice clips from Mario Kart 7 for falling off: "D'oooooooooooooh..."

Or this from Mario Party: "D'OH I MISSED!" (read it with a german accent)

You know, I really want to replace one of Wario's voice clips in Mario Kart Wii with "D'oh, I missed!", but I like Wario's default NPC falling off noise so much because it makes him sound oddly adorable.

Nah, depair voice clips are better if any driver is falling off course. Because they're literally screaming help, especially if an opponent has rammed him or her off the track resulting in the agonizing fall.

I made Mario say "Aaaahaaahaahow" from Mario Party 8, but made him say "Okey-dokey" immediately after. The result is hilarious.

Lakitulerapide said:
So on Bol.com it says that this game releases on 30 April 2014. Where they got this information from or whether it's true I don't know.

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/mario-kart-8/9200000015036671/

Yeah, a release date like that one is plausible.

WHERE'S MORE INFO ON THIS GAME, GODDAMMIT?!

Back