Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

cryoAwakening said:
Well, I'm sure that there are enough small/light/feather characters to choose from anyways. Most of the areas of improvement is the heavy area.

There isn't much heavy characters to choose from that aren't generic enemies. So more again I can't see why people think H. Queen won't return.

Baby Luigi said:
cryoAwakening said:
Well, I'm sure that there are enough small/light/feather characters to choose from anyways. Most of the areas of improvement is the heavy area.

There isn't much heavy characters to choose from that aren't generic enemies. So more again I can't see why people think H. Queen won't return.

I hated that they never made any of the Galaxy bosses playable in any games like they did with Petey Piranha and King Boo. I mean, Major Burrows and Kamella could have EASILY been included in games like Mario Super Sluggers or even in Mario Kart Wii over stupid Funky Kong and the Bowser rehash called Dry Bowser. Both Major Burrows and Kamella would have been in the Large category.

But it's too late now. If they weren't playable when Galaxy was fresh out the oven, they won't do it now.

I think Galaxy bosses would work better as bosses in Mission Mode (provided they have one), but I'm not sure if you'd settle for that. Or maybe they can be obstacles in a course? I can't see them as racers, but again, H. Queen was one.

Anser said:
I hated that they never made any of the Galaxy bosses playable in any games like they did with Petey Piranha and King Boo. I mean, Major Burrows and Kamella could have EASILY been included in games like Mario Super Sluggers or even in Mario Kart Wii over stupid Funky Kong and the Bowser rehash called Dry Bowser. Both Major Burrows and Kamella would have been in the Large category.

But it's too late now. If they weren't playable when Galaxy was fresh out the oven, they won't do it now.

They didn't have any Sunshine characters playable. What happened to Toadsworth?

Hopefully Lubba gets a chance.

Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:
cryoAwakening said:
I hated that they never made any of the Galaxy bosses playable in any games like they did with Petey Piranha and King Boo.
I don't think so. Except that Rosalina and Honey Queen who are playable good-guys, it's impossible to force all Mario titles to have a representive for each of them. It's more important to see if certain characters have potential to be in more stories and games.

Recently most of Toadsworth's problem should be his referee role in recent SMB and spinoff titles.

I don't know man, the only Mario Kart Toadsworth was even in was Mario Kart Double Dash, where he drives the freaking Parade Kart for you.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

They didn't have any Sunshine characters playable. What happened to Toadsworth?

Hopefully Lubba gets a chance.

Uh, I don't know if I got your post correctly or not, but Sunshine characters did become playable in several games. Petey has been playable in many games, Shadow Mario was playable in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and Pianta and Noki were playable in both Mario Baseball games. All the Galaxy series has gotten is Rosalina, Luma and Honey Queen. No bosses to be seen :c And I agree, Lubba should make his playable debut already.

Mario Party X said:
I think Galaxy bosses would work better as bosses in Mission Mode (provided they have one), but I'm not sure if you'd settle for that. Or maybe they can be obstacles in a course? I can't see them as racers, but again, H. Queen was one.

Uh, I guess that would be alright. I mean, it's better than nothing, isn't it? Also, why hasn't the Mission Mode returned since Mario Kart DS? Was it unpopular or something? I liked it a lot, it gave Mario Kart this feeling of having a pseudo-adventure mode. It really should return (or even better, a complete adventure mode a la Diddy Kong Racing).

Anser said:
Uh, I don't know if I got your post correctly or not, but Sunshine characters did become playable in several games. Petey has been playable in many games, Shadow Mario was playable in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and Pianta and Noki were playable in both Mario Baseball games. All the Galaxy series has gotten is Rosalina, Luma and Honey Queen. No bosses to be seen :c And I agree, Lubba should make his playable debut already.
Dorayaki said:
I don't think so. Except that Rosalina and Honey Queen who are playable good-guys, it's impossible to force all Mario titles to have a representive for each of them. It's more important to see if certain characters have potential to be in more stories and games.

What I can say is there are indeed other potential species or bosses in both games. I like Lubba, and if you mean he has own good potential, he can be playable in a new game. However if you just want more playable Galaxy characters, that only means preferences.

It feels small-minded to count origins of those characters sinc they've had several appearances beside that origin, and origin doesn't really matter now. In a more broad sense, chances should be for those games which haven't made characters playable in spinoffs.

Anser said:

I'm not talking about other Mario spin-offs, I'm talking about just Mario Kart

Anser said:
Uh, I guess that would be alright. I mean, it's better than nothing, isn't it? Also, why hasn't the Mission Mode returned since Mario Kart DS? Was it unpopular or something? I liked it a lot, it gave Mario Kart this feeling of having a pseudo-adventure mode. It really should return (or even better, a complete adventure mode a la Diddy Kong Racing).
Although Nintendo is the King of keeping the same,but maybe they can't think of any fresh ideas and don't want to rehash all the missions from DS

Mission Mode is a hell overrated.

I didn't much care for Mission Mode either, but Mario Kart could still benefit from having it or something like it.

It would be fun to be able to customize our Miis outfit like we can in games such as Fourtune Street and Open. I also like what they did with the Miis in MKW where the Mii's weight class changed depending on the Miis weight. I think that's better than them all just being medium. I would also like them to bring back the emblem creator or something like it as the generic Mii logo is meh.

miis would be better if their customization didnt suck massive ass

Anser said:
I'd rather have the Miis not return.
We all know that Miis are doing with system options instead of character roster.

I personally want to see Miis' body and clothes design more natural and closer to the characters from the game where they participate (eg, girl Mii with Baby Peach and woman Mii with Rosalina).
I wonder if it was one of the major reason some fans don't like them in Mario games.

As stated earlier, I prefer if Miis didn't return

Nothing ever beats MKWii so won't buy a Wii U for this.

I'm not late to post on this thread shut up

on the whole Mii subject I support their return

Bowser45 said:
on the whole Mii subject I support their return

Me as well.

Demidevimon said:
They'll be back, but I still won't play as them

^ Basically this. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't. I support their return because it's a nice, unique way to bring yourself in a game, even if you don't agree with the lack of customization. I think it's a great gimmick, and basically is set to return anyways, so just don't play as it if you don't want to.

Back