Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

His Excellency Lord Fawfulthegreat64 of the Beanbean Realm said:
damn, i'm lucky

Anyway, Waluigi's skinny ass can't be as heavy as Wario or Bowser, so he shouldn't be in the same class as them. In fact, his height is canceled out by his thinness so I think he should just be a middleweight. I don't see how Rosalina was classified as heavy in the first place, as she's just another princess like Peach and Daisy, and she is sometimes depicted as small as them, so I always considered her middleweight as well.

maybe nintendo is hinting that rosalina has a bigger something than peach and daisy

Or she's just taller. She has a bigger frame.

Waluigi works well as a cruiser.

Things are getting way too complicated here. In Mario Kart Wii, they paid no attention to weight, but to height. Rosalina is NOT heavy, she's LARGE. It's not the same thing. If weight had been the measure they took into account in Mario Kart Wii, trust me, Waluigi and Rosalina would have been Middle. But, they took height into account, hence why they're LARGE. I repeat: Large =/= Heavy.

I wonder why tall but very skinny Miis make it into the middle weight category...

Miis suck, so they don't have any place in our conversation. Leave these abominations out.

Anser said:
Things are getting way too complicated here. In Mario Kart Wii, they paid no attention to weight, but to height. Rosalina is NOT heavy, she's LARGE. It's not the same thing. If weight had been the measure they took into account in Mario Kart Wii, trust me, Waluigi and Rosalina would have been Middle. But, they took height into account, hence why they're LARGE. I repeat: Large =/= Heavy.

If weight had been the measure, Mario would be Cruiser. :P But, they took account both WEIGHT and HEIGHT. Wario, for instance, is the second shortest heavy weight (the shortest being Metal Mario).

Guys, don't worry about Rosalina being heavyweight. Rosalia makes the most sense as a Cruiser weight. Not a lot of people complained about that.

I always thought the reason for Waluigi and Rosalina being large was simple. They're bigger than the other characters and they needed to balance out the weight classes. We don't need 10 medium-weights, 8 light-weights and 6 heavy-weights. It makes a lot more sense to make each one equal in amount (with Mii's just being whatever weight suits them and looks the least awkward I guess).

I haven't questioned it before because it always made sense to me why each character was a certain class. Some characters are put in heavy-weight for their size and some are put in for their weight and some are put in for both. They don't all have to follow the same reasoning.

Anser said:
Mona doesn't belong to the Mario world, and I'm sure Nintendo is avoiding putting Peach and Pauline in the same game to avoid having to explain what each one is to Mario (even though Pauline has already been defined as Mario's friend).
Characters from all titles in Marioverse have a chance, especially that kongs have been in spinoffs for time. I agree with that having a major role in 3D platformer draws much attention, though Mona and her companions had several earlier appearances too.

Pauline's problem is that her role and status in Mario worlds haven't been really redefined, since there are tons of characters appeared after her dissapearance. There should be a physical reason if she can't appear in those tournaments (like Daisy's absence in Mushroom festivals).

Why does everyone hate Miis so much? They are the profile characters you make yourself, you can make them anyway you want, and it's cool to be able to have your own personal, unique character to play as. I don't get the hate.

Why does everyone hate Miis so much? They are the profile characters you make yourself, you can make them anyway you want, and it's cool to be able to have your own personal, unique character to play as. I don't get the hate.

Their voice actors are the main answer for why they're hated.

The voices aren't that bad. Voices don't bug me too much though, unless it's Toad's "Yapperdap"(or whatever he's saying) passing me every 2 seconds.

well you cant really make them any way you want.

mii customization is pathetically limited.

also as mnsg said, their voice actors are damn horrible.

Don't know if someone else said this already but the cat bell may be a new item and it would let you climb up walls anywhere rather than antigravity in a section

Im Yoshi said:
Don't know if someone else said this already but the cat bell may be a new item and it would let you climb up walls anywhere rather than antigravity in a section

I doubt it would have that power.

Besides, they don't include all new power-ups in big Mario games, and I really don't see them adding a power like that into this game.

Cirdec said:
Miis don't have the charm of Mario characters.

That's subjective but whatever.

I prefer Mii's when they do have some in-game customization (e.g different clothing, accessories, etc.) like in Fortune Street, Tennis Open & Olympic Winter Games. I also like them in Kart 7 just because I think they fit in more than they normally do (opinion).

Being able to customize my Mii just makes them a lot more enjoyable to use IMO because I can make my Mii look more unique.

Dorayaki said:
Pauline's problem is that her role and status in Mario worlds haven't been really redefined, since there are tons of characters appeared after her dissapearance. There should be a physical reason if she can't appear in those tournaments (like Daisy's absence in Mushroom festivals).
She recently reappeared in a puzzle in StreetPass Mii Plaza.

cryoAwakening said:
Im Yoshi said:

I doubt it would have that power.

Besides, they don't include all new power-ups in big Mario games, and I really don't see them adding a power like that into this game.

Well Mario 3D land Came out then the super leaf was added and 3D world comes out before mk8.

The Super Leaf was already a classic before 3D Land though. 3D Land just sort of revived it. The cat bell isn't a returning classic, it's an entirely new thing, so it may have less of a chance (although it would be pretty cool to see it implemented into races)

Good point.

I wouldn't mind seeing characters turning into cats in Mario Kart 8

Their karts can disappear and the Mario characters run on foot while they're cats

I prefer their clawing the other karters' tires.

Back