Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

His Excellency Lord Fawfulthegreat64 of the Beanbean Realm said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Lubba, but his problem is only one appearance.

Rosalina only had one appearance when she debuted in Mario Kart... The same goes with King Boo.

You're right about Rosalina, but I thought King Boo had more appearances, but I could be wrong. Anyway, actually this proves my point even more. If one appearance can get a character in, then there is no excuse not to add some fan-favorites who haven't gotten in yet and seem to have no chance.

You're right about Rosalina, but I thought King Boo had more appearances, but I could be wrong. Anyway, actually this proves my point even more. If one appearance can get a character in, then there is no excuse not to add some fan-favorites who haven't gotten in yet and seem to have no chance.

Except that, if I'm correct, Rosalina became a really popular character after that one appearance alone...

Toa 95 said:

Except that, if I'm correct, Rosalina became a really popular character after that one appearance alone...

This. I think that also is why they included Honey Queen, because they saw the popularity of Rosalina and tied it back to Super Mario Galaxy and wanted another character to introduce into the MK series, and probably settled on Honey Queen.

Toa 95 said:

The same goes for a crapload of other one-shotters. Let's see...
240px-MustardofDoom_Fawful.png
200px-DimentioSuperPaperMario.png
200px-Geno_SMRPG.gif
120px-Mr_L_Render.png
and there's a lot more where that came from.
What makes Rosalina any more special than these popular, but neglected, characters?

she was part of the main-focused series.

you'd think people would get it through their heads already that nintendos least concern is their rpg characters which arent even made by nintendo in the first place.

that and the fact that they seem to be throwing out a ct scenario for spin-offs.

Baby Luigi is much more of a separate character than Mr. L

Fawfulthegreat64, please stop bring up the topic about the RPG character debate.

It's honestly getting annoying now, because this is not a topic for it, as this is about the upcoming Mario Kart game for the Wii U, not whether one shot characters like RPG characters will appear in more than just their own games.

And yes, many of them are impossible to include due to shared companies like Alpha Dream and Square Enix. So you're wasting your breath right now because in order or some of those characters to be in this game, those companies must also allow that character in, and it's hard to do that because those companies can't make money off of it because this is a Nintendo-only game, or they aren't apart of it at all.

Look, I'm not going by whether I like a character right now. I'm going by the fact that they indeed have large fanbases and it is biased on Nintendo's part to only focus on one section of the Marioverse when it is so much more vast. I understand the other company thing, but the only one I've heard so much ruckus about is Square-enix with SMRPG characters like Geno. The other two (IS and Alphadream) work with Nintendo only. They could easily work something out. I'm using logic right now. They have many fans, are part of the Marioverse, and should, by logic, be considered, especially when characters with one appearance have clearly gotten in. I'd say this even if my favorite character was not one of them. I'm not fanboying, I am using perfectly good logic and everyone seems to be pointing an accusing finger at me.

The discussion turned to character appearances,
I gave examples of characters who should be considered,
and I get blasted with "you're so annoying, you say this all the time even though you clearly haven't brought it up much at all in the past 3 days, shut up"

Honestly when will I not get this response when I state my honest thoughts on a subject?

How about we change the subject since every opinion but mine seems to be taken seriously.

I'm not sure if Rosalina is more special than those characters you brought up, but there are many factors about her that just called people's attention. She was the new human, she was very, very well designed in terms of physique and background, she was different from the rest of the Mario gang in terms of basically everything, including her attitude, her voice, etc. Besides, she was pretty "badass" in the context of being a new princess who had magic powers instead of being another damsel-in-distress. Many factors made Rosalina so popular. And, like Zae said, she's part of the main series.

Anser said:
I'm not sure if Rosalina is more special than those characters you brought up, but there are many factors about her that just called people's attention. She was the new human, she was very, very well designed in terms of physique and background, she was different from the rest of the Mario gang in terms of basically everything, including her attitude, her voice, etc. Besides, she was pretty "badass" in the context of being a new princess who had magic powers instead of being another damsel-in-distress. Many factors made Rosalina so popular. And, like Zae said, she's part of the main series.

Not to mention she's a new female character for the roster to try balance the genders. I think her Gender and that she was apart of the main series were the biggest reasons though. Probably the same reason Honey Queen was chosen, they needed more females and she would actually fit the heavy class well.

Nabbit was new to the 2D side of the main series so I can probably see him being a new addition to spin-off rosters.

Anser said:
Uh, there are many notable human girl characters appeared before Galaxy (Mona, Pauline etc) if Nintendo really has the needs. Not to say if non-human female characters can bring some diversity (eg, kongs), Rosalina's resemblence to princesses (though she's actually not) is also a concern.

Honey Queen in Kart 7 came for balance. However Rosalina's status as heavy racer in Kart Wii was alittle debatable.

Crackin355 said:
Nabbit was new to the 2D side of the main series so I can probably see him being a new addition to spin-off rosters.
As Nabbit is a new character I don't really expect that, until he has a more clear role in future games. There are many recurring characters who haven't made in Kart games.

Small vs Large:
bigcompany.jpg

Light vs Heavy:
img_1304_2.jpg

Changed your mind already?

That does not matter anyway, Wario is heavy, Rosalina is large, yet they are both in the same class.

I don't mind seeing Lubba in it by the way.

Dorayaki said:
Anser said:
Uh, there are many notable human girl characters appeared before Galaxy (Mona, Pauline etc) if Nintendo really has the needs. Not to say if non-human female characters can bring some diversity (eg, kongs), Rosalina's resemblence to princesses (though she's actually not) is also a concern.

Honey Queen in Kart 7 came for balance. However Rosalina's status as heavy racer in Kart Wii was alittle debatable.

Crackin355 said:
As Nabbit is a new character I don't really expect that, until he has a more clear role in future games. There are many recurring characters who haven't made in Kart games.

Mona doesn't belong to the Mario world, and I'm sure Nintendo is avoiding putting Peach and Pauline in the same game to avoid having to explain what each one is to Mario (even though Pauline has already been defined as Mario's friend).

Cirdec said:
That does not matter anyway, Wario is heavy, Rosalina is large, yet they are both in the same class.

And yet Waluigi is middleweight in Double Dash!! and MKDS, despite being large-sized in MK Wii.

I think they made Waluigi large because they realized how freaking dumb Waluigi looks while he is a driving a middleweight kart as if he's riding a kart designed for babies.

Cirdec said:

In Mario Kart 7, Rosalina is a cruiser while Wario is a heavy. Which means Rosalina is lighter. It's questionable in Mario Kart Wii, but it makes more sense once the Cruiser class is introduced.

I'm expecting Waluigi to be Cruiser weight in Mario Kart 8.

damn, i'm lucky

Anyway, Waluigi's skinny ass can't be as heavy as Wario or Bowser, so he shouldn't be in the same class as them. In fact, his height is canceled out by his thinness so I think he should just be a middleweight. I don't see how Rosalina was classified as heavy in the first place, as she's just another princess like Peach and Daisy, and she is sometimes depicted as small as them, so I always considered her middleweight as well.

Back