Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

Peko Pekoyama said:
Anser said:
I also want Mario Kart DS's Mission Mode to return, with bosses and everything.

I fully support this idea.
So do I.

Anyway, in my mind, Lakitu is the character who puts you back on the racecourse after you have fallen out, nothing else. That's why I didn't like it when he was a character in Mario Kart 7.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Peko Pekoyama said:
Anser said:
I also want Mario Kart DS's Mission Mode to return, with bosses and everything.

I fully support this idea.
So do I.

Anyway, in my mind, Lakitu is the character who puts you back on the racecourse after you have fallen out, nothing else. That's why I didn't like it when he was a character in Mario Kart 7.

I was afraid I would be stoned to death if I said this, but those were my exact thoughts. I didn't like Lakitu being playable either.

Me too. Although I enjoyed playing as Lakitu, he felt out of place as a playable character in Mario Kart.

I thought it was fine having him there. But I obviously have bad taste in characters if I didn't mind Honey Queen and Metal Mario.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Anyway, in my mind, Lakitu is the character who puts you back on the racecourse after you have fallen out, nothing else.
I disagree with the saying that referees can't be playable. The wrong part should be that Lakitu is even not a character.

Crackin355 said:
I thought it was fine having him there. But I obviously have bad taste in characters if I didn't mind Honey Queen and Metal Mario.

Joins the club. (and I would add I like Metal Mario)

Personally, the only newcomer from MK7 that should return is Wiggler. The only one I liked to play as.

Honey Queen/Queen Bee was just out of place and didn't belong there, Metal Mario felt like a clone, and Lakitu should not race, IMO.

Dorayaki said:
Chiaki Nanami said:
Anyway, in my mind, Lakitu is the character who puts you back on the racecourse after you have fallen out, nothing else.
I disagree with the saying that referees can't be playable. The wrong part should be that Lakitu is even not a character.

To some people, the term "generic" doesn't seem to ring a bell. The Lakitu referee may just be generic.

MnSG said:
To some people, the term "generic" doesn't seem to ring a bell. The Lakitu referee may just be generic.
Well, there are generic or nongeneric referees in Mario games. I personally don't support generic referees either (like the one in Party 9), but referee is not a criteria for being playable.

Am I the only one who wasn't bothered by Honey Queen being a racer? I mean, she's unique, not a species, and while kind of irrelevant, I think she was a rather nice adition. I don't agree her taking Waluigi's place, though. Although I hate Waluigi, I think he deserved his place more than Honey Queen.

It may be because I'm a Galaxy fan, though. I know she only appeared two times in the whole game, but still.

Anser said:
Am I the only one who wasn't bothered by Honey Queen being a racer? I mean, she's unique, not a species, and while kind of irrelevant, I think she was a rather nice adition. I don't agree her taking Waluigi's place, though. Although I hate Waluigi, I think he deserved his place more than Honey Queen.

It may be because I'm a Galaxy fan, though. I know she only appeared two times in the whole game, but still.

Initially, I was bothered by her appearance, but now, I want her to appear in this game.

I agree. She's right up there with Donkey Kong and Wario for being funny. :wario:

Anser said:
I don't agree her taking Waluigi's place, though. Although I hate Waluigi, I think he deserved his place more than Honey Queen.

Hugh? Why is the place for Waluigi? There are other main characters absent from that game.
After all it's Honey Queen's special status which can possibly make her in again. Unless finding other female heavy racers to replace her next time.

Well, some people say Lubba, who had only one appearance, is an ideal host and I agree. One problem is shouldn't the staff favor characters from new games more than old ones. BowserJr. is obviously an example (though Rosalina isn't).

Anser said:

I agree with you and all but why do people always assume Honey Queen replaced Waluigi? It could have been Wiggler or Metal Mario that replaced him.

https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-put-waluigi-and-paratroopa-back-in-mario-kart-wii-u

Pandapowah said:
Anser said:

I agree with you and all but why do people always assume Honey Queen replaced Waluigi? It could have been Wiggler or Metal Mario that replaced him.

Because people want to take out their hate on Honey Queen

Pandapowah said:

Now that you put it that way, I think you're right. It may also be that they talk in general. Like Baby Luigi said, anyone could have taken Waluigi's spot, but they want to unleash their hate on Honey Queen.

And Lubba needs to make his playable debut in this game. I insist.

MeltdownKP1 said:
https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-put-waluigi-and-paratroopa-back-in-mario-kart-wii-u

I guess someone is desperate to get his/her characters back into the Mario Kart mix. However, that petition may fall on deaf ears if Nintendo is oblivious to it.

MnSG said:
MeltdownKP1 said:

I guess someone is desperate to get his/her characters back into the Mario Kart mix. However, that petition may fall on deaf ears if Nintendo is oblivious to it.
You can guarantee Waluigi is going to be in a game as big as this one. And Paratroopa was kinda boring.

How about including recent bosses in the game? Kind of like how Mario Kart: Double Dash!! introduced Petey Piranha and King Boo, Mario Kart Wii U could include... I don't know, maybe Kamella and Major Burrows? I'd rather have Kamella over a generic Magikoopa and Major Burrows over a generic Monty Mole.

MnSG said:
MeltdownKP1 said:

Its a joke.

OT: I hope DLC is released for this game like more tracks, characters ( Paper Mario/RPG ), more karts. It would be nice.

MeltdownKP1 said:
MnSG said:
MeltdownKP1 said:

Its a joke.

OT: I hope DLC is released for this game like more tracks, characters ( Paper Mario/RPG ), more karts. It would be nice.

I agree with this, because it will keep the main fresh. But, you can forget about RPG characters. It's just not going to happen.

Yeah other than (maybe) Fawful, they should stick away from RPGs.

They should have a two-player system like in MKDD and they should add Mii and other mario characters as well.

Back