Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

I don't care too much about Mission Mode. The only reason I would be interested in it is beating up something like Glamdozer with Baby Luigi

I think something like sonic & all stars racing transformed world tour is a pretty good idea.

Lots of different things to do in it, rather than just pure racing. Not exactly the same ideas, but you get what i mean.

Chiaki Nanami said:
There shouldn't be any bikes in this game. They just destroyed Mario Kart Wii and all of its gameplay.

I agree. The series is called Mario "Kart" for a reason after all. Plus, inside drifting is heavily broken.

fuck karts and bikes we should have boats and planes only

I would seriously like to have a lot more Nitro tracks.

NSY said:
how did tucky get in there (does that mean smasher can be in there as well)
Pualine should not be there as well.
I'm fine with that, if you just put him away and leave the place blank. The controversy of RPG characters is another topic.

So what's Pauline doing with you?

MeltdownKP1 said:
Put Paratroopa back. Thats all thats needed.
As species, I'm curious about the possiblity to put it and KT together. They can just add a wing and color options, but still a flyable moveset needed. The staff might choose one for diversity (in DD for duo teams).

Baby Luigi said:
I don't care too much about Mission Mode. The only reason I would be interested in it is beating up something like Glamdozer with Baby Luigi
Yeah, I rather have a full-on story mode or something (like Crash Team racing. That adventure mode was awesome)

Ghirahim said:
Baby Luigi said:
Yeah, I rather have a full-on story mode or something (like Crash Team racing. That adventure mode was awesome)

Or like Diddy Kong racing. The boss races were awesome. If the underwater feature is re-used, can you imagine having an underwater race against Kingfin? That would be beyond awesome.

Anser said:
Ghirahim said:
Baby Luigi said:
Or like Diddy Kong racing. The boss races were awesome. If the underwater feature is re-used, can you imagine having an underwater race against Kingfin? That would be beyond awesome.
Reminds me of Sonic Rider series. But most of Mario spinoffs are based on simple national contests, not making a huge disaster happening in both spinoffs and main games. Only tutorial plot (Tennis/Golf) and getting unlockables (Baseball) require stories.
Indeed Some advantages of Diddy Racing are really worth considering.

GalacticPetey said:
For the game, they should have and option to turn certain items off. Like in SSB.
You can do something like that in MK7 battle mode like using only Shells.

Anser said:
Ghirahim said:
Baby Luigi said:

I totally agree. They should definitely put a story mode ala Diddy Kong Racing into Mario kart

Story mode has been a want for a Mario Kart ever since before Mario Kart Wii.

I don't like to whole story/mission mode thing,unless it's optional.(as in you don't have to do missions to unlock stuff)

Luna the 45th Nazgul of the Turbotastic Sith Lords said:
I don't like to whole story/mission mode thing,unless it's optional.(as in you don't have to do missions to unlock stuff)
Highly disagree with that. The story mode should be made the main element.

I think it should be like in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Either you can play or not play the Subspace Emissary and you will still be able to get all the characters and all the stages (but not all the Trophies and Stickers, of course).

Anser said:
I think it should be like in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Either you can play or not play the Subspace Emissary and you will still be able to get all the characters and all the stages (but not all the Trophies and Stickers, of course).

Yes, I really liked how they did that.

My roster:
Starting characters:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Bowser
DK
Wario
Waluigi
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Unlockable:
Daisy
Bowser Jr.
Birdo
Toadette
Paratroopa
Diddy Kong
Rosalina
Lubba
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Dry Bones
Dry Bowser
Metal Mario
Cosmic Clone
Larry Koopa
Morton Koopa Jr.
Wendy O. Koopa
Iggy Koopa
Lemmy Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Boom-Boom
Pom-Pom
Kamek
Big Bob-omb
Petey Piranha
King Boo
Honey Queen
Lakitu
Shy Guy

What do you guys think?

Glitchy said:

tl;dr

Honestly, having a lot of characters is cool and all, but it can be a little overwhelming sometimes having so much to choose from.

In terms of characters, as long as I get Bowser Jr., Shy Guy, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, and Diddy Kong, I'll be good to go.

Crackin355 said:
Glitchy said:

tl;dr

Honestly, having a lot of characters is cool and all, but it can be a little overwhelming sometimes having so much to choose from.

Idk, I'm used to fighting games where there is anywhere between 30 and 50 characters so im kinda used to it.

The best thing though is able to use characters as a team that way you can at least get more than one character that you like.

I have to say no to all the Koopalings. Having just one or two Koopalings would be unfair since there would be some favoritism and many fans would get angry over not having their favorite Koopaling included in favor of others. It's either all or none of them. They should be left for the next Mario Baseball installment, where they need the more characters there can be. I don't consider the Cosmic Clone a bad idea per se, but I do think it's a waste of space having the same character two times, only with different textures. This is why I also say no to Metal Mario. Those are two character spots that can perfectly be used on other different, original characters.

And I don't get all the fanatism over Boom Boom and Pom Pom. They're just like fatter versions of Hammer Bro. Oh well. To each their own I guess.

Yeah no Koopalings. They are cool an all, but you have to either represent all of them, or none. Save them for the baseball series.

Anser said:
I have to say no to all the Koopalings. Having just one or two Koopalings would be unfair since there would be some favoritism and many fans would get angry over not having their favorite Koopaling included in favor of others.

I don't consider the Cosmic Clone a bad idea per se, but I do think it's a waste of space having the same character two times.
The fact is Koopalings don't fit in spinoffs for their number. Fans should accept if they really want them to be in a game, but not at the same time.
Kart home console is so popular that all main characters have to be in this time, but still impossible for all Koopalings. We can only pick one or two most popular Koopalings, and leave the others in different games.

I think alteregos should be an option, not a factor of roster. But I don't know if all alteregos do well with texture alternatives, like Bowser with Dry Bowser. Also if they can, I'd like to see some alterego combinations like Cosmic Baby Luigi or Metal Birdo.

Glitchy said:
My roster: What do you guys think?
Well, though maybe WiiU can do better than Wii, I don't think we have to argue rosters if Nintendo are really capable of giving that big roster.

Please make Koopalings part of Bowser's Castle instead, where they try to fling their magic blasts at you.

Other than that, I love the roster. Because Baby Mario, Toadette, AND Baby Luigi are in it.

NSY said:
Luna the 45th Nazgul of the Turbotastic Sith Lords said:
Highly disagree with that. The story mode should be made the main element.

I don't want to have to do a story mode when i'm playing a racing game,it should be optional,like Anser said.

GalacticPetey said:
Anser said:
GalacticPetey said:
My roster

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette
Koopa
Paratroopa
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Waluigi
Petey Piranha
King Boo
Dry Bones
Dry Bowser
Funky Kong
Rosalina
Magikoopa
Hammer Bro
Lakitu
Wiggler

Excellent roster. Very realistic. I'd just add Shy Guy, E. Gadd, Toadsworth and Lubba.
*bleep* I forgot Shy Guy! Just take Lakitu out then.
NO! DON'T TAKE OUT LAKITU!

Back