Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

Yeah but I did like in MKWii how the Bikes and Karts had advantages and disadvantages over each other like the Karts having orange drift boosts and the Bikes don't but can do wheelies.

Anser said:
Oh and one more thing!! I hope they bring back the concept of turning into a Mini Bob-Omb after you lose all three balloons in Battle Mode. That caused some pretty darn good madness. Running around, chasing your opponents and helping their defeat... That was awesome!

Until you exploded. But that's for another day.

Hehe that would be a neat homage to Mario Kart 64 (At least I think that was the only game that had that). Some of the things I liked about Mario Kart 7 was the nods (Some of the music, Pipe Frame kart, etc.) it gave to that game. It might be greedy to suggest Wii U does more of that trend. But I hope for it all the same.

Though I suppose if it were up to me, a majority of the retro courses would be from that game. Since there's not a course from that game I really dislike :P Which is why it's still my favorite Mario Kart game. Even if it is kinda nostalgia driven.

If nothing else though, an N64 Rainbow Road in HD would be all I need (Even if they have to make it 1 Lap like they did with the Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 7 or at least 2. I know it's a long course)

Anser said:
It would break Mario Kart Super Circuit's record of being the game with more tracks in the series.
Most of Super Mario Kart's courses looked exactly the same. I know the entire course was different, but there was just something that didn't seem special about it. Going back to SMK after playing pretty much every game after it is almost impossible.

On the note of retro courses, I hope they don't use SMK courses. I'd rather they use more Super Circuit courses instead. It was a shitty game, but it had some great courses.

Chilly said:
Anser said:
It would break Mario Kart Super Circuit's record of being the game with more tracks in the series.
Most of Super Mario Kart's courses looked exactly the same. I know the entire course was different, but there was just something that didn't seem special about it. Going back to SMK after playing pretty much every game after it is almost impossible.

On the note of retro courses, I hope they don't use SMK courses. I'd rather they use more Super Circuit courses instead. It was a *bleep*ty game, but it had some great courses.

I'd prefer them not to use older game tracks PERIOD.

Or atleast from smk atleast, as that game is to the point of crap.

What needs to be done the most however concerning tracks, is the battle tracks. As they're is hardly ever any at all and almost all of them look like little effort was put in them.

Also concerning bikes, i think its fine as long as there is better balance(which really is what the entire series needs in general). Worse handeling and worse recovery time might do the trick maybe.

Samus Aran said:

Yup. Me too. I'd rather have all tracks being brand new. I know, however, that the retro tracks concept is going to stick around for a little big longer.

For roster I would be glad if they keep Baby Daisy and Metal Mario.

I hope they will give a better unlocking criterion, getting 20 000 coins to unlock every kart in MK7 was just ridiculous.

Anser said:
Samus Aran said:

Yup. Me too. I'd rather have all tracks being brand new. I know, however, that the retro tracks concept is going to stick around for a little big longer.

I think it's a good ability to be able to accept something as going to happen even if what you want is different.

I wouldn't mind seeing the more unique levels of Super Circuit brought back for this game. Some of them were pretty sweet.

I would love to see more extra modes being added besides Battle. I mean, games like Capture the Flag, Cops and Robbers, and things like that would be pretty cool on Multiplayer.

Ghirahim said:
I would love to see more extra modes being added besides Battle. I mean, games like Capture the Flag, Cops and Robbers, and things like that would be pretty cool on Multiplayer.

Yesss. even though there are only extra modes in world tour of sonic & sega all stars racing transformed. There was some pretty cool stuff like pursit, battle race, drift challenge, and so forth.

Samus Aran said:
Ghirahim said:

Yesss. even though there are only extra modes in world tour of sonic & sega all stars racing transformed. There was some pretty cool stuff like pursit, battle race, drift challenge, and so forth.
Yeah, I mean, I get tired of racing once in a while, so it'd be nice if some new modes were included (with online play)

GalacticPetey said:
Speaking of battle, I want bob-omb battle
Yes! One of the reasons Double Dash is my favorite.

GalacticPetey said:
Speaking of battle, I want bob-omb battle

Yes. It was awesome.

I also want Mario Kart DS's Mission Mode to return, with bosses and everything. Some bosses could be those from Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.

I'm not really a battle mode person, so even if they add or don't add stuff to the battle mode, it won't affect me greatly. Although I liked it in MKDS, since you had a nice supply of extra balloons if you blew into the Mic.

Also needs more space tracks, though I didn't like smg that much I think some of the worlds could be used for some interesting tracks.

Plus I love space.

Northern Verve said:
Anser said:
Oh and one more thing!! I hope they bring back the concept of turning into a Mini Bob-Omb after you lose all three balloons in Battle Mode. That caused some pretty darn good madness. Running around, chasing your opponents and helping their defeat... That was awesome!

Until you exploded. But that's for another day.

Hehe that would be a neat homage to Mario Kart 64 (At least I think that was the only game that had that).

Super Circuit had that too.

I liked turning into a bomb more than turning invisible and placing item boxes as a ghost, but if you want that back, Nintendo has to return the classic battle mode first.

Actually we need a koopa with sunglasses.

That'd be awesome.

This is no offense to anyone, but I think they need to stay more generic with these games.

Like, I love Kooper, and Goombella, and The Sombrero Guys, but it's like Queen Bee - it's a minor character that only a select few like while the majority dislike it for replacing Waluigi for it. I think that it will satisfy a lot more, and I think that it would be better in general.

I do hope they have a lot more characters though.

Well there is generally a lot of potential in the mk series, but it's like... nintendo refuses to cease it or something.

Which I don't understand, and I also want bury the person alive that thought of blue shells, which kinda puts me off on this game series.

Samus Aran said:
Which I don't understand, and I also want bury the person alive that thought of blue shells, which kinda puts me off on this game series.

Spiny Shells aren't that bad in Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart Super Circuit

GalacticPetey said:
For the game, they should have and option to turn certain items off. Like in SSB.

I don't think that could work in Mario Kart. Let's just let the only items be bullet bills, then?

Baby Luigi said:
Samus Aran said:

Spiny Shells aren't that bad in Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart Super Circuit

GalacticPetey said:
For the game, they should have and option to turn certain items off. Like in SSB.

I don't think that could work in Mario Kart. Let's just let the only items be bullet bills, then?

Yeah but mk64 is kinda eh and i don't really like super circuit that much.

Plus it doesnt change the future games which have better rosters(such as mkdd's roster).

Anser said:
I also want Mario Kart DS's Mission Mode to return, with bosses and everything.

I fully support this idea.

Back