Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

I'm hoping they fix the invincibility times after getting hit by an item so you don't constantly get combo'd after being hit by one and lower the stun time if you get hit by one. MKWii took like 5 seconds just from a freaking green shell, blue is whole other story... >__>
Also I think Coins from MK7 should be removed; without them the speed boosts from Mushrooms/Stars/whatever are practically worthless. Speaking of items, I am really hoping they do not bring back the Thundercloud and seriously remove the damn Blooper. Worst items ever.

Battle should give you the choice to be in either teams or alone, choice of Classic Balloon Battle or MKWii's Balloon Battle. I think Coin Runners needs to be replaced since it's basically "OMG GET HIT BY RED SHELL AT THE END AND LOSE". -__-

Unlocking characters shouldn't require you to do several time trials, come on now... But don't gift wrap everything to unlock the characters either. :p
Speaking of characters, I'm hoping for a roster bigger than MKWii and actually has Toadette, the babies and everyone else. Except for Funky, I hate him so much and he's so overused solely for his speed stat bonus.

Crackin355 said:
Maybe they could bring back every character that has appeared

Eh, some characters would be cool to see again, but all of them? I don't think so, there are quite a few that I'd feel would be unnecessary to include again. (DK Jr., Honey Queen, Metal Mario, Baby Daisy, R.O.B.)

Timmy said:
Battle should give you the choice to be in either teams or alone, choice of Classic Balloon Battle or MKWii's Balloon Battle. I think Coin Runners needs to be replaced since it's basically "OMG GET HIT BY RED SHELL AT THE END AND LOSE". -__-

Shine Runners in Mario Kart DS did the whole concept right. It's not like OMG GET HIT BY RED SHELL AT THE END AND LOSE unless you have one Shine Sprite.

Timmy said:
Unlocking characters shouldn't require you to do several time trials, come on now... But don't gift wrap everything to unlock the characters either. :p

I agree with that. I absolutely despise doing time trials to unlock Baby Luigi and I despise even more doing all 32 tracks to unlock Toadette.

I'd like the Mario Kart Wii roster plus these newcomers:

-Paratroopa (Returning)
-Petey Piranha (Returning)
-E. Gadd
-Toadsworth
-Lubba
-Magikoopa

... And just make sure freaking Rosalina comes back. I mean, after two games in a row, and having her instead of having a "classic" character like Waluigi and even giving her her own racing course means she may become a permanent character in the series, don't you think?

I'd also like that they got rid of the Coins. They were pretty useless. The Thunder Cloud should never come back and they should get rid of Blooper too. I'd like that they re-introduce the Fake Item Box and the POW Block.

Also, yes, PLEASE reduce the time you spend doing nothing after you get hit by an item. So annoying.

My roster

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette
Koopa
Paratroopa
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Waluigi
Petey Piranha
King Boo
Dry Bones
Dry Bowser
Funky Kong
Rosalina
Magikoopa
Hammer Bro
Lakitu
Wiggler

GalacticPetey said:
My roster

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette
Koopa
Paratroopa
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Waluigi
Petey Piranha
King Boo
Dry Bones
Dry Bowser
Funky Kong
Rosalina
Magikoopa
Hammer Bro
Lakitu
Wiggler

Excellent roster. Very realistic. I'd just add Shy Guy, E. Gadd, Toadsworth and Lubba.

I really wish nintendo would stray away from these whole NORMAL ENEMY IS A CHARACTER idea.

It's kind of dumb and just seems silly, if antyhing I'd rather see characters based on that species rather than just common enemies or whatever.

Anser said:
GalacticPetey said:
My roster

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette
Koopa
Paratroopa
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Waluigi
Petey Piranha
King Boo
Dry Bones
Dry Bowser
Funky Kong
Rosalina
Magikoopa
Hammer Bro
Lakitu
Wiggler

Excellent roster. Very realistic. I'd just add Shy Guy, E. Gadd, Toadsworth and Lubba.
Shit I forgot Shy Guy! Just take Lakitu out then.

GalacticPetey said:
My roster

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Toad
Toadette
Koopa
Paratroopa
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Waluigi
Petey Piranha
King Boo
Dry Bones
Dry Bowser
Funky Kong
Rosalina
Magikoopa
Hammer Bro
Lakitu
Wiggler

This is perfect! Nintendo should hire you.

Samus Aran said:
I really wish nintendo would stray away from these whole NORMAL ENEMY IS A CHARACTER idea.

It's kind of dumb and just seems silly, if antyhing I'd rather see characters based on that species rather than just common enemies or whatever.

I don't know, I think the most interesting and best character choices are the generic enemies.

I usually play as Shy Guy or Dry Bones if I can.

Crackin355 said:
Samus Aran said:

I don't know, I think the most interesting and best character choices are the generic enemies.
Same here.
I mean think about it. All our lives we've been stomping/burning/throwing/etc. them. The least we could do is let them be playable on occasions.

of course you probably still dont care care if you love genocide

What I'd definitely like to see is have less retro tracks on the disc from the start and have more original tracks making a newer Mario Kart experience right from the get-go. Nintendo's running out of good tracks that they haven't already used in DS, Wii or 7. They could have only 2 cups dedicated to retro tracks (one track from every game, 2 from MK7) and the other 6 dedicated to new tracks.

Having that said, if they do something like this they need to have other retro tracks as DLC, maybe even recreating the entire series in MKU. Don't get me wrong, I always loved the retro tracks system, I'd like to see how every Mario Kart game would look in HD without some hackers making mediocre ports with very little polygon counts doing it instead.

Oh, and bring back the bikes. nuff said

I did have the following roster input in mind...

Y5WvUo0.png

The unorthodox positioning of the characters has to do with a stat system that I've designed. The system does follow Mario Kart 7's stat format in that all stat values are divisible by 0.25, with 6 being the maximum value. Additionally, no stats are hidden, and all characters have the exact same stat total.

Code:
1: Stat Boosts
---------------------------
1.1: Balanced
1.1.1: Small

Baby Mario
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Dry Bones
Mii (Small)

Speed: 3.25
Acceleration: 3.5
      Weight: 2.5
    Handling: 2.75
       Drift: 3.5
    Off-Road: 4
  Mini-Turbo: 3.75
       Total: 23.25
1.1.2: Medium

Mario
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Hammer Bro
Mii (Medium)

Speed: 3.5
Acceleration: 3
      Weight: 3.25
       Drift: 3
1.1.3: Large

Donkey Kong
Kritter
Queen Bee
Dry Bowser
Mii (Large)

Speed: 3.75
Acceleration: 2.5
      Weight: 4
       Drift: 2.5
1.2: Accelerator
1.2.1: Small

Baby Peach
Toadette
Koopa Paratroopa
Boo

Speed: 3
Acceleration: 4
      Weight: 2.25
    Handling: 3
  Mini-Turbo: 4
1.2.2: Medium

Peach
Yoshi
Dixie Kong
Kamek

Speed: 3.25
Acceleration: 3.5
      Weight: 3
       Drift: 2.5
1.2.3: Large

Waluigi
Rosalina
Wiggler
King Boo

Weight: 3.75
       Drift: 2
1.3: Speedster
1.3.1: Small

Baby Luigi
Baby Daisy
Shy Guy
Lakitu

Weight: 2.75
    Handling: 2.5
       Drift: 4
  Mini-Turbo: 3.5
1.3.2: Medium

Luigi
Daisy
Tiny Kong
Bowser Jr.

Speed: 3.75
Acceleration: 2.5
      Weight: 3.5
       Drift: 3.5
1.3.3: Large

Wario
Bowser
Funky Kong
King K. Rool

Speed: 4
Acceleration: 2
      Weight: 4.25

I'm just hoping that the kart customization feature makes an encore, as that adds a lot more versatility with the karts that you can use.

This would be my Roster.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Toad
Toadette
Yoshi
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Kamek
Poochy
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King Boo
Glooper Blooper(sp?)
Thwomp King
King Bomb-omb
Petey Piranha
Pianta
Noki
Shy Guy
Koopa Troopa
Dry Bones
Goomba or Goomboss
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Dry Bowser
Lubba
Rosalina
Wario
Waluigi
Toadsworth
Birdo
Mii

@M&SG: That is way too many DK characters. Might as well have Wario characters.

MnSG said:
I did have the following roster input in mind.
Not saying the overage of species, as the first Mario WiiU spinoff I wonder how many character can be included, to prove that whether the upgraded capacity of WiiU helps diversity. Not another example like Mix Sports.

Suppose that all 24 Kart 6 racers are retained, I guess there won't be more than six new racers.

xtaEXjQ.jpg

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
@M&SG: That is way too many DK characters. Might as well have Wario characters.
Agree. If the staff hope that W&G works.

I'm gonna say no on wingless Tucayo (aka Kooper), and would rather have a generic Koopa Troopa.

how did tucky get in there (does that mean smasher can be in there as well)

Pualine should not be there as well.

Kooper is an obscure character and really doesn't deserve to be in it,IMO.

Yeah, RPG characters should stay just where they came from.

SKmarioman said:
What I'd definitely like to see is have less retro tracks on the disc from the start and have more original tracks making a newer Mario Kart experience right from the get-go. Nintendo's running out of good tracks that they haven't already used in DS, Wii or 7. They could have only 2 cups dedicated to retro tracks (one track from every game, 2 from MK7) and the other 6 dedicated to new tracks.

Having that said, if they do something like this they need to have other retro tracks as DLC, maybe even recreating the entire series in MKU. Don't get me wrong, I always loved the retro tracks system, I'd like to see how every Mario Kart game would look in HD without some hackers making mediocre ports with very little polygon counts doing it instead.

Oh, and bring back the bikes. nuff said

I agree with this. I think this should be the last Mario Kart game that uses retro tracks. I mean, they're running out of old tracks because they've already re-used most of them, and I highly doubt they're planning on re-re-using tracks. I'd say that it would be better if every single track in the game was brand new. Don't get me wrong, I really like old tracks because they add a great nostalgia factor (I've been waiting to see Mario Kart 64's Toad's Turnpike and Yoshi's Valley in good graphics way too long!) but I really think it's already their time to go. Mario Kart Wii U really should be last one that uses retro tracks. Or at least that's what I think.

And, something I've already talked about in another thread whose name I don't remember: I think we should have 4 races instead of 5 like in the original Super Mario Kart. That, and maybe adding two new cups. I don't know, the Shine Sprite Cup? 1-Up Mushroom Cup? Ice Flower Cup? Rainbow Cup? You name it. But if that gets added, imagine: 10 cups with 5 tracks each, we would get 50 tracks!! It would break Mario Kart Super Circuit's record of being the game with more tracks in the series.

Although I'd like this to be in the next Mario Kart. I mean, if the retro tracks concept is finally out of the series by Mario Kart 9, I'd rather have all 50 tracks being brand new.

Oh and one more thing!! I hope they bring back the concept of turning into a Mini Bob-Omb after you lose all three balloons in Battle Mode. That caused some pretty darn good madness. Running around, chasing your opponents and helping their defeat... That was awesome!

Until you exploded. But that's for another day.

Yoshidude99 said:
Bikes need to return. 7 didn't feel right without them.

I am fine with it as long as they are balanced, but in Mario Kart Wii they were just better than karts.

Back