Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Inklings? Oh...this probably means that we'll see them in Smash, le siggghhhh.

The new Battle Mode looks great! Love how much detail and effort they put into the Battle Stadium! But what about new tracks? I modded Mario Kart 8 too and the Switch's launch lineup looks...bad. 16 new tracks will make me bite.

A nice detail that I spotted is that COM characters use all sorts of karts now!

theres no new tracks in this version

only battle arenas

It'll probably carry all the absolute bull*bleep* Mario Kart 8's Battle Mode always had, just in a condensed form, so now, those asses with Triple Greens and Fireballs take even shorter to knock you out. Plus, bouncing shells will be even more of a hazard so you're all but guaranteed to turn into a ghost and just be a useless spiteful little thing driving around.

But if they do alter things beyond arenas, then that's good.

Edit: After watching Treehouse. Looks like they added invincibility frames and added respawning, which is very good. Though that in of itself won't be enough for me to cough up 60 bucks.

i'm disappointed in no new tracks..... but i think i'm still going to buy this with the money i got for christmas because mario kart 8 is my favourite game and having it be portable is pretty sweet, plus there's always hope of switch-exclusive dlc maybe???

also dry bones

So I was watching the treehouse thing and the character select screen has a ? icon in the third party section. New character? (Or it could be a random button, which would be eh)

Also this game is appearantly native 1080p instead of 720p like the original Mario Kart 8, so that's nice.

Still no new race tracks :'(

I think this port will omit the 8 battle stages (the race courses) from the original, and will be replaced with 8 actual battle arenas.

If they actually did, time to say goodbye to N64 Yoshi Valley.

The Tree-House talking about Deluxe?

:eek: I seen the revilement but not the Tree-House play i'll look into later glad Bowser.Jr is makin a comeback it happens to be my leaders all time favorite ;D

the inklings are kinda random thought :-/ i'll take a certain hedgehog in a mario kart race anyday...

But they literally got lazy with everything else.

The CSS is still that damn shade of blue , not even a darker tone

Not even a remix of the CSS theme , to make it look more different

Sorry if that sounds like nitpicking , but they are not really trying to make different enough to convince MK8 owners to buy it again , thats for sure.

Nyrie said:
Ninelevendo said:
So I was watching the treehouse thing and the character select screen has a ? icon in the third party section.
miis
eww your probably right

Also what's with the aerial thing on the back
w9SqMmQ.jpg

Swiftie_Luma said:
But they literally got lazy with everything else.

The CSS is still that dang shade of blue , not even a darker tone

Not even a remix of the CSS theme , to make it look more different

Sorry if that sounds like nitpicking , but they are not really trying to make different enough to convince MK8 owners to buy it again , thats for sure.
YN91qbe.jpg

the treehouse footage has the css being blue, that background is probably just for the demo like how the original demo had mario circuit as the css background

Ninelevendo said:
w9SqMmQ.jpg

It's the Smart Driving feature, something none of us will use.

Baby Luigi said:
Ninelevendo said:
w9SqMmQ.jpg

I would hardly use it since I am a great Mario Kart player, but I can imagine putting it up when racing against someone who isn't that great at Mario Kart.

Will I buy this even tho I have the Wii U version and all the DLC? I don't know yet.

Yoshi the SSM said:
Baby Luigi said:
Ninelevendo said:
w9SqMmQ.jpg

I would hardly use it since I am a great Mario Kart player, but I can imagine putting it up when racing against someone who isn't that great at Mario Kart.
I have a friend who could really use that feature.

Friendly reminder: don't quote the post right above yours. It creates a messy and unnecessary quote pyramid.

And IDK, I don't think you should buy it for the minimal content. You're pretty much buying the game again. Unless this thing comes at a big discount, this doesn't qualify for another $60 out of my pocket.

I honestly was hoping for way more content.

I don't think that those who missed MK8 + those buying the game again would be more than All the people who MK8 first on Wii U.

It sucks that they didn't think of ALL of us , they just wanted something to launch the system with , something that we all experienced 3 years ago.

Minimal changes do not make a big difference for me as if i want a battle mode different to 8's ,I can just go back to previous titles for example , same with 2 items per racer.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Friendly reminder: don't quote the post right above yours. It creates a messy and unnecessary quote pyramid.
Good idea; I'll try to remember that.

On topic, I'm hoping they'll have a discount for those who have the original version. Even a trade-in wouldn't be too bad.

I just want Wii U Mario Kart 8 updated because the Battle Mode looks great and a major upgrade over that dreck.

This is so weird though

Judging how little they updated the ''Deluxe'' version

Yes little , because so far no new tracks , and those are the actual deal of the game , the characters they added are not guaranteed a purchase for most and the battle mode isn't either , proof being that most of those people and many others that didn't care still have MK8 , which lacks any of those features.

Anyway , to my point.

It almost feels like they should give us Wii U owners the same content , because seeing the little amount of upgrades to make a difference , i don't see the point of MK8D other than having a launch title.

I mean i initially thought , they would cover enough ground to make ALL OF US feel that we need the game , but it seems that the vast mojority of interested people either dont own a Wii U or for some weird reason , dont have MK8.

One would imagine Nintendo would really put something to make us , MK8 owners , to see the Deluxe version as a OMG MUST BUY DAY ONE thing , but the reality is that that's not the case.

Sad.

i really fucking hope that the system will get a completely new mario kart game later in its life

Swiftie_Luma said:
It almost feels like they should give us Wii U owners the same content , because seeing the little amount of upgrades to make a difference , i don't see the point of MK8D other than having a launch title.
And it's not a launch title. So.

New place setting for Online Mode or other mode idunno

also Miis is back!

C2FCxpoWEAEYLOA.jpg_large_2.jpg

Back