Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

But, wait for it, they are without their helmets.

^(<O>)^

yes where would mario kart 8 be without hitler and obama as playable characters

well, there's still a chance for grand dad to appear

Rohan Kishibe said:
yes where would mario kart 8 be without hitler and obama as playable characters

except now it's going to be putin and trump

Sometimes I wonder if all the negative statements are a sign that the Nintendo Switch is going to end up being a failure right off the bat.

MnSG said:
Sometimes I wonder if all the negative statements are a sign that the Nintendo Switch is going to end up being a failure right off the bat.

Well, there's Super Mario Odissey, and possibly the next home console Mario Kart

They need a stronger launch lineup than this, that's for sure. Neither of the two are launch titles.

800px-MK8D_Image7.png

At first I thought Dry Bones' left foot was a bunch of pipes sticking out of the side of the bike, and I was all excited about a new bike.

Grunty Industries said:
Well, there's Super Mario Odissey, and possibly the next home console Mario Kart

All that I know is that I'll probably end up with a video game drought for the next set of months, since I'll probably be holding off on the Nintendo Switch until Super Mario Odyssey is nearing its release.

LeftyGreenMario said:
They need a stronger launch lineup than this, that's for sure. Neither of the two are launch titles.

And the biggest irony is that Breath of the Wild is the end of the Wii U era, AND the beginning of the Switch era.

J-Yoshi64 said:
At first I thought Dry Bones' left foot was a bunch of pipes sticking out of the side of the bike, and I was all excited about a new bike.

shame on you for not using the flame rider enough to not recognize it

go use it more

I just wanted to point out that in the Treehouse stream they mentioned at one point that around the 2 hour and 45 minute mark that there will be more surprises in the full release so maybe another Battle mode, more battle stages and hopefully... HOPEFULLY New tracks?

Also I am not to happy they didn't use GCN Bowser's Castle theme for Luigi's Mansion, instead the went with DS Luigi's Mansion and I don't think I like how it sounds.

tbh, the current set of battle arenas is weak. even the 3ds has more battle arenas than this.

I really want the 3DS battle tracks to return, loved all of them. Even if they are a bit small for 12 racers.

Baby Luigi said:
I really want the 3DS battle tracks to return, loved all of them. Even if they are a bit small for 12 racers.
I've never played MK7's battle mode. But they do look good. I think the Beehive one looks fun.

I think their size is just about right. It's not so small that it's really chaotic (looking at you Cookie Land for Wii) but it's not large enough to find any opponents (looking at you Funky Stadium). It's also gimmick free, and I just didn't like Chain Chomp Wheel and Thwomp Desert's stage gimmicks.

tfw no wario colosseum ever

Ninelevendo said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
But they literally got lazy with everything else.

The CSS is still that dang shade of blue , not even a darker tone

Not even a remix of the CSS theme , to make it look more different

Sorry if that sounds like nitpicking , but they are not really trying to make different enough to convince MK8 owners to buy it again , thats for sure.
YN91qbe.jpg
A bit late to say this, the CSS background is still blue. The image above is the background for local multplayer (download play), like the earth as a background for online multiplayer.

Baby Luigi said:

go use it more
Can't. No access to MK8 since last April.

Anyhoodles, imagine if Tilt-a-Kart made a return. I mean, with anti-grav, it could be appropriate. Not that I particularly like the stage, but it's a thought.

There is something that I just realized. Since Miiverse is not coming back, there will have to be a way to upload the highlight reels onto YouTube without any Miiverse usage.

I'm sure they'll figure out a way.
The Switch does have that Screenshot/video button, but they might use something else for Highlight reels

MnSG said:
There is something that I just realized. Since Miiverse is not coming back, there will have to be a way to upload the highlight reels onto YouTube without any Miiverse usage.
Using Miiverse already wasn't a requirement for uploading to YouTube so that won't be an issue.

Lakituthequick said:
Using Miiverse already wasn't a requirement for uploading to YouTube so that won't be an issue.

You were still taken to a Miiverse segment where you had to make a post to showcase your highlight reel.

Of course, this doesn't do you any good when your own highlight reels don't even come close to receiving at least 100 views or even 1000 views.

MnSG said:
Lakituthequick said:

You were still taken to a Miiverse segment where you had to make a post to showcase your highlight reel.
Which you can cancel out of without posting.

J-Yoshi64 said:
Baby Luigi said:

go use it more
Can't. No access to MK8 since last April.

Anyhoodles, imagine if Tilt-a-Kart made a return. I mean, with anti-grav, it could be appropriate. Not that I particularly like the stage, but it's a thought.

I like Tilt-a-Kart with Bob-omb Blast. I usually make four racers stock up on the most bob-ombs they could and make them drive off. Then the frame-rate dips hilariously as the characters scream.

Back