Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

It's nothing personal, I just don't see it happening.

Also, if Rosalina returns, Mercedes Rose has to return too.

Lakituthequick said:

No one sees it happening.

Lakituthequick said:
Am I the only one around here that doesn't give a lot about playable characters? As long as the gameplay and features are good (and Lakitu is playable (optional)), I'm buying it.
Well personally I can see a character/species you want there.

You word is both correct and incorrect. A bad balance of roster does have something with gameplay.

RPG characters probably won't get chances in a short time. But I despise those who don't want them to appear for personal tastes.

Lakituthequick said:

Also, if Rosalina returns, Mercedes Rose has to return too.

Oh this. Please. This so much. I didn't like Kerri Kane's voice for Rosalina. Part of what made Rosalina my second favorite character was her mysterious, soft, calm, gentle, relaxed yet so cool voice. Please Mercedes, return :c

I would like to see Metal Mario and Honey Queen to not show up in MKWU.

Super Whittle said:
I would like to see Pauline finally make a playable appearance, but unfortunately that will never happen.
If it does, just ask Nintendo why they waste their time making a significant but non-playable character return.

Well character stats barely affect the game, they only become important for optimizing records, which I don't care. So I am neutral against this.

I really don't care as long as I can play as my precious Baby Luigi

Cirdec said:
Well character stats barely affect the game, they only become important for optimizing records, which I don't care. So I am neutral against this.

Per. I don't see why people spam Funky Kong online when the speed boost is so minuscule and meaningless during a racing match. It would make sense in a Time Trial, where one millisecond could be the difference between breaking the record or not.

The only character stat that matters the most during racing is probably the weight stat. With enough speed, Mario in a Wild Wing can ram Wario on the Phantom aside (Wario makes that hurt noise), but Diddy Kong in a Wild Wing can't do this.

Baby Luigi said:
I really don't care as long as I can play as my precious Baby Luigi
that or toadette

Since I've brought up the topic, I might as well describe how the stats should work...

Speed: Describes how fast the kart combo can be. A higher rating equals a higher top speed.

Acceleration: Describes how quickly the kart combo can build up speed. A higher rating equals a faster rate at building up momentum.

3/24: Kart combo takes around 4 seconds to start building up momentum.
4/24: Kart combo takes around 3 5/6 seconds to start building up momentum.
5/24: Kart combo takes around 3 2/3 seconds to start building up momentum.
6/24: Kart combo takes around 3 1/2 seconds to start building up momentum.
7/24: Kart combo takes around 3 1/3 seconds to start building up momentum.
8/24: Kart combo takes around 3 1/6 seconds to start building up momentum.
9/24: Kart combo takes around 3 seconds to start building up momentum.
10/24: Kart combo takes around 2 5/6 seconds to start building up momentum.
11/24: Kart combo takes around 2 2/3 seconds to start building up momentum.
12/24: Kart combo takes around 2 1/2 seconds to start building up momentum.
13/24: Kart combo takes around 2 1/3 seconds to start building up momentum.
14/24: Kart combo takes around 2 1/6 seconds to start building up momentum.
15/24: Kart combo takes around 2 seconds to start building up momentum.
16/24: Kart combo takes around 1 5/6 seconds to start building up momentum.
17/24: Kart combo takes around 1 2/3 seconds to start building up momentum.
18/24: Kart combo takes around 1 1/2 seconds to start building up momentum.
19/24: Kart combo takes around 1 1/3 seconds to start building up momentum.
20/24: Kart combo takes around 1 1/6 seconds to start building up momentum.
21/24: Kart combo takes around 1 second to start building up momentum.
22/24: Kart combo takes around 5/6 of a second to start building up momentum.
23/24: Kart combo takes around 2/3 of a second to start building up momentum.
24/24: Kart combo takes around 1/2 of a second to start building up momentum.

Weight: Describes how heavy the kart combo is. A higher rating means that the kart combo can push around combos with lower weight statistics, but it also lowers the kart combo's efficiency while using the glider, and while underwater.

Underwater: A heavier kart combo sinks faster, and has a harder time maintaining its top speed. Whereas, a lighter combo sinks slower, and can maintain its top speed more easily.

Glider: A heavier kart combo moves slower, and the glider duration gets reduced, due to the heavy weight. Whereas, a lighter combo moves faster with its glider, and its glider duration is longer, because of the light weight.

Handling: Describes how well the kart combo can steer. A higher rating means that the kart combo can steer more easily. This applies even to underwater steering and glider steering.

Drift: Describes how sharply the kart combo can turn when performing a drift. A higher rating means that the kart combo has an easier time pulling off 90 degree turns, along with u-turns. A lower rating, however, means that the kart combo can't execute sharp turns very well during a drift, and may have to reduce its speed to pull off the sharp turn.

Off-Road: Describes how well the kart combo can maintain its top speed on normal off-road terrain. A higher rating means that the kart combo would lose less speed while off the track, whereas, a lower rating can result in a major slowdown while off the track.

If a kart combo's off-road stat is 17/24 or higher, it'll be able to continue drifting while on normal off-road terrain. However, if the off-road stat is 16/24 or lower, the kart combo will lose too much speed while off the track, and can no longer hold its drift.

Mini-Turbo: Describes how long the kart combo's mini-turbo will last after performing a drift. A higher rating equals a longer mini-turbo duration, but the mini-turbo level plays a factor into this.

Blue Sparks: Level 1 mini-turbo. Lasts 1/4 as long as a level 3 mini-turbo.
Orange Sparks: Level 2 mini-turbo. Lasts 1/2 as long as a level 3 mini-turbo.
Red Sparks: Level 3 mini-turbo.

3/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 1/2 of a second.
4/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 2/3 of a second.
5/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 5/6 of a second.
6/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 1 second.
7/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 1 1/6 seconds.
8/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 1 1/3 seconds.
9/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 1 1/2 seconds.
10/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 1 2/3 seconds.
11/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 1 5/6 seconds.
12/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 2 seconds.
13/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 2 1/6 seconds.
14/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 2 1/3 seconds.
15/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 2 1/2 seconds.
16/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 2 2/3 seconds.
17/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 2 5/6 seconds.
18/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 3 seconds.
19/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 3 1/6 seconds.
20/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 3 1/3 seconds.
21/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 3 1/2 seconds.
22/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 3 2/3 seconds.
23/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 3 5/6 seconds.
24/24: Level 3 mini-turbo lasts for about 4 seconds.

This is all getting way to complicated for a mario kart game. Do you guys want Forza or Mario kart? As long as the game is fun and worth playing online, then that's all that matters. All this stats and characters junk was irrelevent thirteen years ago in mario kart 64, and you know what, we still all had fun.

Geno said:
This is all getting way to complicated for a mario kart game. Do you guys want Forza or Mario kart? As long as the game is fun and worth playing online, then that's all that matters. All this stats and characters junk was irrelevent thirteen years ago in mario kart 64, and you know what, we still all had fun.
so you want another mk64

Geno said:

The stats are important to a lot of people now because competitive gaming is much more common than it was when there was no online. Don't tell people who like that kind of stuff to stop because you think it's too much for your idea of a Mario kart game, that's selfish.

I don't really look at stats much but I do make sure that speed and acceleration are decent and that handling isn't horrible. The Kart I use in 7 has pretty bad handling but I'm using the best kart for handling to counter the gold wheels I use, which doesn't really help much on levels like Neo Bowser City because the rain makes the curves really hard.

If you leave it to me, I'd put the same stats to all the characters of the same size category. All Small characters would have the exact same stats, all Medium characters would have the exact same stats, and the same goes for the Large characters.

But that's just me.

I do get pretty annoyed that the heavier characters tend to have a disadvantage with the acceleration stat though. This is pretty much why I wanted there to be character types, along with character sizes.

I hate Mario Kart 64's kart stats. Just way too plain and boring.

The only thing I got annoyed about with the stats is that I used Baby Mario for basically all of MKU, and it was a pain whenever a heavy character rammed against me because it would send me flying sometimes, especially on courses like Rainbow Road. I felt like Heavy Characters had better stats because they usually had the fastest speed and best weight, and even with the low acceleration, they were still the best for breaking records for Time Trial Ghosts.

cryoAwakening said:
The only thing I got annoyed about with the stats is that I used Baby Mario for basically all of MKU, and it was a pain whenever a heavy character rammed against me because it would send me flying sometimes, especially on courses like Rainbow Road. I felt like Heavy Characters had better stats because they usually had the fastest speed and best weight, and even with the low acceleration, they were still the best for breaking records for Time Trial Ghosts.

They're terrible for regular, hectic racing because of they pitifully low acceleration and their large size (yes, I found it easier to hit heavyweights in battle mode than lightweights, and if a lightweight is right in front of them, the heavyweight tosses the shell OVER them)

Yeah, once a heavy kart takes the lead, chances are, it'll lead the race from wire to wire, IF it doesn't get item spammed to death.

Well, I guess lightweights have their niche in battle mode, where weight and speed matter MUCH less

MnSG said:
Yeah, once a heavy kart takes the lead, chances are, it'll lead the race from wire to wire, IF it doesn't get item spammed to death.

IF is a leap here. Mario Kart is centered on items, so chances are, the items will screw you up. There are strategies for working around this for heavy-weights, but items and terrible handling prevent heavyweights from dominating the race, especially against CPU players.

Back