Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

MnSG said:
Maᴙio said:
Why can't you upload full reels to Youtube? What's the logic behind it?

Longer upload times would probably be the main culprit. It takes close to 15 minutes to upload a 60 second highlight.
With stupid Miiverse features.

On good computers with good internet connection, it shouldn't take THAT long.

Here's what the weight classes should have been:

Feather: Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Lemmy
Light: Koopa, Toad, Toadette, Lakitu, Shy Guy, Larry
Medium-Light: Wendy, Peach, Daisy, Light Mii
Medium: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Ludwig, Iggy, Medium Mii
Medium-Heavy: Waluigi, Rosalina, Roy, Morton, Heavy Mii
Cruiser: Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Wario
Heavy: Bowser, DK

I actually personally liked it when Wario was a super heavyweight. Makes him a big fat stupid slow target in battle mode.

I feel that the weight classes should've gone as follows...

Feather 1: Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Baby Rosalina
Feather 2: Baby Luigi, Baby Daisy, Lemmy
Light 1: Toad, Koopa Troopa, Toadette, Larry
Light 2: Shy Guy, Lakitu, Wendy
Mid-Light 1: Peach, Yoshi
Mid-Light 2: Daisy, Iggy
Medium: Mario, Luigi, Ludwig
Cruiser: Rosalina, Waluigi
Mid-Heavy: Donkey Kong, Roy
Metal: Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach
Heavy: Bowser, Wario, Morton

Why the two categories per class? It just overcomplicates things. Why can't they just nix those hidden weight class categories and actually show us what stats these guys have.

Magikrazy said:
Lakituthequick said:
Pizazz said:
Blame Google.
What does that have to do with Google?
Google owns YouTube.
Yeah so? It's not their fault that MK8 was coded to only allow 30, 45 and 60 seconds.

MnSG said:
Maᴙio said:

Longer upload times would probably be the main culprit. It takes close to 15 minutes to upload a 60 second highlight.
I think that if people think it's worth it is doesn't matter. I personally have the 1min video's uploaded faster than 15 minutes.

Lakituthequick said:
MnSG said:
Maᴙio said:

I think that if people think it's worth it is doesn't matter. I personally have the 1min video's uploaded faster than 15 minutes.
I mostly upload 60sec highlights, and it took 10-12 mins of upload time depending on the internet speed.

The Time Paradoxes said:
Lakituthequick said:
MnSG said:
Maᴙio said:

I mostly upload 60sec highlights, and it took 10-12 mins of upload time depending on the internet speed.
Mine take 5 minutes. The longest I've ever gone was 10 minutes once.

Pink Gold Peach should actually be heavier than Metal Mario, assuming that he's steel. He's not iron or lead because he's reflective. Gold has higher density than steel, so PGP is heavier. However, if MM has large enough mass compared to PGP, he could be heavier.

MKGuy said:
Pink Gold Peach should actually be heavier than Metal Mario, assuming that he's steel. He's not iron or lead because he's reflective. Gold has higher density than steel, so PGP is heavier. However, if MM has large enough mass compared to PGP, he could be heavier.
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!

GalacticPetey said:
MKGuy said:
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!

Go yell to people in this thread.

Cirdec said:
Peach is lighter than Mario so it compensates.

I think the biggest sin is seeing Rosalina and Waluigi be in the same weight category as Donkey Kong and Roy Koopa. Rosalina and Waluigi are both tall, but neither of them are bulky, which is the case for the other heavyweights (excluding the metal characters).

If anything, Rosalina and Waluigi should've had the same stats as Mario and Luigi, except for that they'd sacrifice handling to boost speed; this is basically similar to how Metal Mario sacrifices speed to boost handling, while his other stats are tied with that of Bowser, Wario, and Morton.

For some reason I fell in love with Rainbow Road so much it's now my favorite track, even above Mount Wario.

MKGuy said:
For some reason I fell in love with Rainbow Road so much it's now my favorite track, even above Mount Wario.
Same here. Mount Wario is 4th for me, behind Twisted Mansion in 2nd and Shy Guy Falls in 3rd.

I don't understand why everyone likes Mount Wario and N64 Rainbow Road. They are section based. That makes them inferior to most of the other tracks.

3D Player 2004 said:
I don't understand why everyone likes Mount Wario and N64 Rainbow Road. They are section based. That makes them inferior to most of the other tracks.
Inferior? Are you sure? Because I like section based courses, I find them unique and interesting. I loved Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road, not just because it looked stunning for it's handheld and had good music (that N64 remix), it also felt like something fresh and cool.
I don't really care for Maka Wuhu and Wuhu Loop, though.

To be honest, I find the section based tracks to be quite boring. I prefer the lap style far more.

3D Player 2004 said:
No, it doesn't.

It doesn't make them superior either. It means they're different.

I can tell you hate these kinds of tracks. Care to explain why?

Magikrazy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
No, it doesn't.

Making N64 Rainbow Road section based ruined the essence of having a long epic finale. Mount Wario has a dump-pit end so that way, there was no technical way to program in lap number customization because of the way that one stage worked.

3D Player 2004 said:
Making N64 Rainbow Road section based ruined the essence of having a long epic finale. Actually, it just made it not last 6 fucking minutes, which was insane. Mount Wario has a dump-pit end so that way, there was no technical way to program in lap number customization because of the way that one stage worked. And that makes you hate it...how exactly?.
I replied in bold.

Exactly. You can give an opinion, but you have to give a reason for your opinion.

3D Player 2004 said:
Magikrazy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
No, it doesn't.

Making N64 Rainbow Road section based ruined the essence of having a long epic finale. Mount Wario has a dump-pit end so that way, there was no technical way to program in lap number customization because of the way that one stage worked.
Making it 3 laps would be sooo painful online. You'd have to wait a long time for everyone to cross the finish line.
And Mount Wario is not the reason they didn't allow you to customize laps. They only did that in Super Circuit and Double Dash!! They just decided not to add it again, like they did with just about every other Mario Kart.

Princess Rosalina said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Magikrazy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
No, it doesn't.

Making it 3 laps would be sooo painful online. You'd have to wait a long time for everyone to cross the finish line.
And Mount Wario is not the reason they didn't allow you to customize laps. They only did that in Super Circuit and Double Dash!! They just decided not to add it again, like they did with just about every other Mario Kart.
The other reason is probably because I think MKW only allowed online races up to 5 minutes, it would go over if that is the case for this game as well. But I kind of agree that I hate the sections for N64 Rainbow Road. Does this mean Wario Colosseum will get sections because of its length?

Back