Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Lakituthequick said:
Princess Rosalina said:
So this is how my chart looks on Mario Wiki
I had no idea the Super Horn was a heavyweight character.
It's called, glitching web browser. iPad Safari tends to do that every now and then, when the memory is full.
lol apple products

Meh, I don't know why Green Shells are suddenly more dangerous. I think it's their speed or hitboxes/hurtboxes, but I don't know for sure.

The Spiny Shell's impact is nearly as powerful as a Green Shell nowadays, so I do think Green Shells are more an immediate threat than them.

Maᴙio said:
Meh, I don't know why Green Shells are suddenly more dangerous. I think it's their speed or hitboxes/hurtboxes, but I don't know for sure.

The Spiny Shell's impact is nearly as powerful as a Green Shell nowadays, so I do think Green Shells are more an immediate threat than them.

What makes the Green shell's scarier probably is they can hit you without warning without protection. When with both Red and Blue. You get an indication you're about to be hit. Though this was true for all previous games.

They're just more scary now, in this particular game probably because now the more harder AI has been programmed to be pretty precise. Where even with protection on the back of your car sometimes they'll be so good they know the exact angles of which a shell will ricochet off the wall to hit you to the side or the front. Not to mention Green Shells being thrown back at you if you're behind someone.

Lakituthequick said:
Princess Rosalina said:
Lakituthequick said:
Princess Rosalina said:
So this is how my chart looks on Mario Wiki
I had no idea the Super Horn was a heavyweight character.
It's called, glitching web browser. iPad Safari tends to do that every now and then, when the memory is full.
i have like nothing on it
I mean the RAM.
I believe I cleared it when I wiped out all my data earlier today.

Northern Verve said:
They're just more scary now, in this particular game probably because now the more harder AI has been programmed to be pretty precise. Where even with protection on the back of your car sometimes they'll be so good they know the exact angles of which a shell will ricochet off the wall to hit you to the side or the front. Not to mention Green Shells being thrown back at you if you're behind someone.
Not really.

Maᴙio said:
Northern Verve said:
Not really.
Yeah, I think you're just overthinking it. Of course AI will be programmed to aim at you, but you aren't programmed to avoid and they aren't programmed to be able to predict the future. They just shoot items and you get hit by them. A large amount of the time I get hit by green shells are on straight aways where I fail to swerve out of the way in time, that is nothing but my own fault not that the AI is overpowered.

If computers have oh so good aim, I have yet to see them demonstrate their so-called "spectacular" aim in battle mode where their backwards (especially backwards) and forward throwing shells miss by a mile. If they can't even get the basic straight line trajectory down for hitting you with a green shell without bouncing off walls, what makes you think they're able to calculate the trajectory of bouncing green shells?

My MKTV has a glitch. Everytime I click on MKTV, it takes me to the Friends and Tournaments MKTV page without me clicking anything. When I try to go back to the page I want to go to, it takes me back to the Friends and Tournaments MKTV page.

Are you sure it's nothing to do with your controller?

Granted I've only done the Mushroom Cup, but 150cc wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Duskull said:
Granted I've only done the Mushroom Cup, but 150cc wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Reserve judgement until you play all of it.

btw this is the hardest milestone for any person

zlCfzSGGoSIolU-IrK

Making Wario get zero points in a Frantic, 16 round, random battle track match is tougher than anything I've done so far. Yet my sister and I finally accomplished it.

Baby Luigi said:
Are you sure it's nothing to do with your controller?
Yeah. I fought with MKTV for a good 5 minutes before finally being able to click on the video on the first page. After I sent it to YouTube, it reverted back to normal.

Since there is no Mario Kart hacking thread and I don't want to bump the MKW thread or make a topic about this... I have decided to try and make a custom track for Mario Kart Wii and that custom track is..... Dolphin Shoals!! This is what I have been working on for the past 4 hours...
xIih8HK.png
I do love this track and it's not just because of it's amazing music, but it really has an underwater expedition feel to it, besides it seemed like the easiest to make.

And thanks to Baby Luigi for uploading the Dolphin Shoals map onto the wiki.

Other than that... I don't have much else to say here.

Cool, hope you get the thing available at one point because I like to try it.

Spent 147 hours on this game already. @.@

YoshiGo99 said:
*MKW Dolphin Shoals CT*
That's really cool that people are already "porting" tracks from Mario Kart 8 to Wii, I might give it a go when it's done ('might' being if I can get CTs working at all, I've been considering getting a second-hand Wii for the sake of still having a fresh unmodded Wii).

YoshiGo99 said:
And thanks to Baby Luigi for uploading the Dolphin Shoals map onto the wiki.

At your service. I love seeing my back-breaking, wrist-breaking, but relatively brief period (a day or two) of misery aka uploading all images of importance from the Prima guide paying off in some shape or form. :)

Well the Prima guide comes with a strategy that comes with the image. Just simply throwing images isn't going to do the normal person who would want some strategy any good. I mean, there are numbered annotations on the maps I've uploaded, those have a strategy you can have only if you buy the guide.

Besides, who would honestly buy a guide for Mario Kart 8 other than bored people and people wanting to look at nice pictures of characters, karts, and their descriptions? :P

I've missed out on the Mario Kart Wii license craze....probably because it was before I posted here >.>

I've got a feeling that the majority will probably be Rosalina :P

I did do some Mario Kart 7 licenses, though my Mario Kart 8 license supply will likely be smaller.

I love my combination, but I wish that the heaviest class had some better characters. I mean, Morton is OK, but I would take Metal Mario over him any day.

Nysic said:
I love my combination, but I wish that the heaviest class had some better characters. I mean, Morton is OK, but I would take Metal Mario over him any day.

aka you miss Petey Piranha

Back