Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

MEANWHILE AT NINTENDO HQ...

Guy 1: Well, we just finished the last track, Mount Wario!

Guy 2: Wait... it doesn't loop around! WE CAN'T INCLUDE LAP CUSTOMIZATION JUST BECAUSE OF THIS!

Guy 1: OH GOD NOT THAT THING WE HAVEN'T INCLUDED SINCE 4 GAMES AGO!

Both: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

YoshiGo99 said:
Princess Rosalina said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Magikrazy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
I don't understand why everyone likes Mount Wario and N64 Rainbow Road. They are section based. That makes them inferior to most of the other tracks.
No, it doesn't.

It doesn't make them superior either. It means they're different.

I can tell you hate these kinds of tracks. Care to explain why?

Making N64 Rainbow Road section based ruined the essence of having a long epic finale. Mount Wario has a dump-pit end so that way, there was no technical way to program in lap number customization because of the way that one stage worked.
Making it 3 laps would be sooo painful online. You'd have to wait a long time for everyone to cross the finish line.
And Mount Wario is not the reason they didn't allow you to customize laps. They only did that in Super Circuit and Double Dash!! They just decided not to add it again, like they did with just about every other Mario Kart.
The other reason is probably because I think MKW only allowed online races up to 5 minutes, it would go over if that is the case for this game as well. But I kind of agree that I hate the sections for N64 Rainbow Road. Does this mean Wario Colosseum will get sections because of its length?
Hm, maybe. In my personal opinion, I'd prefer if both N64 Rainbow Road and Wario Colosseum got 2 laps rather than 1 or 3.

If they really wanted lap-customizing, they could have just done this when there are more than three laps.

MountWarioCannon.png

i'm sure BLOF is beginning to feel pretty happy right about now

I saw another thing that would make BLOF and LGM pleased on worldwides: Wario in a Biddybuggy.

I wonder if people have started porting MK8 tracks to the Wii. I saw the Dolphin Shoals one, and I'm sure more are to come. Obviously some just can't be ported because of anti-gravity (Mario Circuit, Twisted Mansion, Shy Guy Falls, etc.) and some would have to be altered to remove sections (Thwomp Ruins, Toad Harbor, Bone Dry Dunes, etc.).

MKGuy said:
I wonder if people have started porting MK8 tracks to the Wii. I saw the Dolphin Shoals one, and I'm sure more are to come. Obviously some just can't be ported because of anti-gravity (Mario Circuit, Twisted Mansion, Shy Guy Falls, etc.) and some would have to be altered to remove sections (Thwomp Ruins, Toad Harbor, Bone Dry Dunes, etc.).
They can alter the anti-gravity sections.

MKGuy said:
Lakituthequick said:
Shy Guy Falls is possible without any drastic changes.

How so? How could you drive up the waterfall? Just use a cannon?
Given there are no ramps, you can drive on surfaces that are tilted up to 90°.

Lakituthequick said:
MKGuy said:
Lakituthequick said:
Shy Guy Falls is possible without any drastic changes.

How so? How could you drive up the waterfall? Just use a cannon?
Given there are no ramps, you can drive on surfaces that are tilted up to 90°.

I thought you had to spam the hop button to do that. I suppose you could make the whole thing boost.

Oh. I wasn't aware of that. Is it possible to do the wall sections in Thwomp Ruins and such?

Thwomp Ruins: yes, given you tilt it slightly.

Things like Toad Harbour will throw you off at the ramps.

I'll look at individual tracks later.

Mario Kart StadiumOkayPerfectly possible. Maybe slightly angle the hairpin a bit, but not completely necessary.
Water ParkPossibleYou'd have to tilt the Sub Coaster somewhat.
Sweet Sweet CanyonOkayPerfect.
Thwomp RuinsPossibleMight need to tilt the wall a bit, nothing else.
Mario CircuitLolnope
Toad HarbourGoodIf you want the walls drive-able, you need to remove the ramps, along with a slight tilt.
Twisted MansionPossibleThe right road in the anti-gravity section has to be closed, unless you tilt the section >100°, which only looks good if you tilt the entire anti-gravity section with it.
Shy Guy FallsPossibleThe waterfalls need to be tilted slightly, as must the wooden path at the top. To have the jump on the begining of the anti-gravity section be successful, the road needs to remain flat until after it.
Sunshine AirportOkayPerfect.
Dolphin ShoalsGoodThe currents from the pipes need to be replaced.
ElectrodromePossibleSame as Twisted Mansion.
Mount Wario Possible Care needed at the dam. You can also forget flying through the rings. I have no idea how CPU's handle the end of their routes, so depending on that, you may or may not need a cannon back to the start.
Cloudtop CruisePossibleThe thundercloud area needs the road be turned around.
Bone Dry DunesOkaySame as Toad Harbour. Care needed at flying section.
Bowser's CastlePossibleMay need to tilt the road at the Bowser Golom section.
Rainbow RoadOkayMay need to turn the road at the eight-shape.

MKGuy said:

Hello there...

Also I have seen Cloudtop Cruise and Mario Kart Stadium being made into a custom track.

That's actually really good for a preview this early, I'm guessing you're intending on making the pipes bouncy to replace the water currents?

And also @LTQ even though Mario Circuit is outright impossible with the mobius strip thing going on, I might try making a "flat" version when I'm done with 3DS Toad Circuit where all of the turns are intact but the track doesn't twist, and it may very well be possible, where the first section before the anti-gravity kicks in is the same while the rest of the track makes all the same left and right turns in a gradual upward slope until the finish line.

It's an idea, but how else would it be done?

Edit: I just made a quick spline in 3DS Max to get the basic shape and well... I think I might get banned if I show it.

The shape when viewed from above is too suggestive.

Or I'm just overanalysing this, either way it's not a good idea to try to remake Mario Circuit U for Mario Kart Wii and not because it won't work.

Also @YoshiGo99 where have you seen Cloudtop Cruise being remade? Because I've only seen Mario Kart Stadium and Sunshine Airport.

SKmarioman said:

Or I'm just overanalysing this, either way it's not a good idea to try to remake Mario Circuit U for Mario Kart Wii and not because it won't work.

Also @YoshiGo99 where have you seen Cloudtop Cruise being remade? Because I've only seen Mario Kart Stadium and Sunshine Airport.
I am not sure if he was making it an actual custom track or just make a model of Cloudtop Cruise
http://www.mariokartwii.com/threads/139085-Odie-s-Models

YoshiGo99 said:
SKmarioman said:

I am not sure if he was making it an actual custom track or just make a model of Cloudtop Cruise
That looks like an ordinary model (quite terrible looking IMO too, but that aside), not a custom track.

Lakituthequick said:
YoshiGo99 said:
SKmarioman said:

That looks like an ordinary model (quite terrible looking IMO too, but that aside), not a custom track.
Are you sure you looked at the right one? It is in the spoilers of the first post, the other one shown is not Cloudtop Cruise, it's just a random track.

YoshiGo99 said:
Lakituthequick said:
YoshiGo99 said:
SKmarioman said:

Are you sure you looked at the right one? It is in the spoilers of the first post, the other one shown is not Cloudtop Cruise, it's just a random track.
I did.

Back