Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Haven't played enough to get any of the new items. But the courses are nice. Dolphin Shoals is meh, though I don't really mind Bone Dry Ruins. The Gusty Gardens remix at the end of Cloudtop Cruise is fantastic, and I really love the new Bowser's Castle. As for Rainbow Road, the new one is getting too much hate. The drifting on that course is really fun.

Mount Wario is also great, though the second lap is too long compared to the other ones.

if anyone wants to friend me and play in a worldwide/regional or something my nnid is turb24, ill probably post it in the main thread for that later if im not lazy

I got back from my friend's house. I felt like using the GamePad was easier than the controller, mainly because I could look down at the screen and see what was going on.
Now I have Peach's horn stuck in my head.

EDIT: So my friend was racing single player in Mario Kart 8 when we showed up, to test a new kart before we played multiplayer. She was using the Wii Remote. Her little brother grabbed the GamePad and spammed the horn button.

It was one of my friend's first times playing Mario Kart in 6 years, since the only time she's ever played with a Nintendo console was at her cousin's house, playing Mario Kart 8. We had unfortunately picked the Lightning Cup. Knowing how hard N64 Rainbow Road would be for her, I offered to switch for that race, just in case. She said no. N64 Rainbow Road turned out to be her favourite course, and it was the easiest for her. She hated DS Tick Tock Clock, and thought the bouncy music notes in 3DS Music Park were creepy.

I'm finally glad I'm getting a Wii U soon. I can finally play Online Mode 24/7. This game will eat away at my social life if I actually had one.

My brother just got the game and we've been playing it. Really fun so far. I love the new character unlocking system.

GalacticPetey said:
My brother just got the game and we've been playing it. Really fun so far. I love the new character unlocking system.
I know. It's a random character every time you get a gold medal on a new cup in a new engine class. Pretty neat new feature.

So apparently the free game that comes with MK8 also gives you Premium Points, so you can potentially get another game free with that.

It's the game that keeps on giving.

Mio Akiyama said:
I don't even understand how that free game thing works.

Register the game on Club Nintendo and you can get a download code to get one of several games for free.

oh

so I might not be able to get that anyway. I don't think Ozgameshop gives club nintendo Aus/NZ codes.

Codes is inside the game

Any news on Bowser Castle shortcut, in mirror, it is impossible to get 1st place in that course

Super Saiyan Shy Guy said:
Codes is inside the game

Any news on Bowser Castle shortcut, in mirror, it is impossible to get 1st place in that course
I get my games from a site that are PAL but aren't from Australia. The Aus/NZ ones are different than the ones from there so I doubt I'll be able to use an incompatible region code.

Game is great so far!

I definitely love destroying blue shells with the Super Horn. I actually get it more than I thought.

And I rarely get coins more than twice in a row.

One thing I have noticed is that there will be some races where I am just way in the lead, and some where if I get hit once, I'll be knocked back in 4th. And I definitely have already had a few races where the blue shell comes RIGHT at the end as I'm literally about to cross the finish line, which is a bunch of bs, but whatever.

Also, I have noticed that with Mario Kart TV when you do a highlight reel and you were hit with a blue shell, they show you who sent it, so I think that's cute and allows me to plot my revenge.

GalacticPetey said:
Is the Mercedes-Benz DLC available on America?
Yay for reading.

Wiki said:
Nintendo and Mercedes-Benz have collaborated to announce that Mario Kart 8 is set to recieve downloadable content in the form of a kart body and set of wheels based on the Mercedes-Benz GLA. The content is currently only confirmed for Japan, with a summer 2014 release, and will be available for download free of charge.[32]

I'll be getting this at the end of the week.

That Super Horn. It feels so good to blast away the Blue Shells.

I've three-starred all the 50cc cups and I'm working on 100cc. I believe I've gotten all characters but Metal Mario, Baby Rosalina, and some Koopalings.

Also, I can't get enough of that Bowser Kite. It's wonderful.

I believe if you 3-star a cup on a higher cc, it 3-stars it on the lower cc as well.

e.g 3-Star 150cc Mushroom Cup, 100cc and 50cc both have 3-stars too.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't think I am.

Mio Akiyama said:
I believe if you 3-star a cup on a higher cc, it 3-stars it on the lower cc as well.

e.g 3-Star 150cc Mushroom Cup, 100cc and 50cc both have 3-stars too.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't think I am.
In MK7, that wasn't how it worked. I'm not sure here.

Yay, I have gold standard now!

By the way, why is everyone saying Bone Dry Ruins? Is that the name outside of America?

Cirdec said:
Crackin is right.

WHAT? I could have saved so much time replaying 100cc cups :'(

Nysic said:
Yay, I have gold standard now!

By the way, why is everyone saying Bone Dry Ruins? Is that the name outside of America?
I noticed it is used quite often. Maybe it sounds better or they don't realize it because I can't find that it says Bone Dry Ruins is the PAL. In fact I don't think there are any PAL names, even with Piranha plant slide being Piranha plant Pipeway in PAL MK7

Cirdec said:
Crackin is right.
Thank you, I wasn't 100% sure.

Nysic said:
Probably don't remember the name properly, I'm pretty sure it's Bone Dry Dunes everywhere.

By the way, is music park called music park everywhere in this game or is it melody motorway elsewhere?

Mio Akiyama said:
By the way, is music park called music park everywhere in this game or is it melody motorway elsewhere?

According to the European and Australian websites it's still Melody Motorway over there.

Hmm, that's interesting.

I guess they're consistent at least. I'm still calling it music park even if the game tells me it's melody motorway.

Back