Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

By FAR my favorite track is Mount Wario. My favorite retro has to be DS Wario Stadium.

My least favorite tracks are Bone Dry Dunes and Mario Kart Stadium. The former is way too slippery and confusing, and the latter is just boring.

Also, anyone else <3 Thwomp Ruins?

I was watching GX footage and it looked good, and has what may be my favourite soundtrack from the game.

Just checking in really quick.

Got the game. Awesome.

Somehow I fell off of rainbow road and landed on the bottom part of the track. I seriously don't know if I just found an awesome shortcut or what, but yeah. I think it was shortly after the big space station part

Oh, and another thing that bothers me... when you put an item behind your cart, there's a 1-second delay. It's very annoying, and I don't know if it's intentionally put there or if it's an accident or something.

Well, I'm now at the 150cc, and it seems that the CPUs are just pushovers, though it's probably just the combination that I'm using. I still have to do the other 150cc cups though.

150cc is easy unless you want 3 stars. I keep having to restart cups because I get Blue Shelled in front of the finish line and get 2nd.

I have a question.
Can you use a Wii U Pro Controller/Wii Remote in single player mode? If so, please tell me how to change controllers.

Supa Horrnnn said:
I have a question.
Can you use a Wii U Pro Controller/Wii Remote in single player mode? If so, please tell me how to change controllers.
yes, but i haven't tried it myself

I'm MK8-less right now. :( EB Games is on the other side of town, and my parents aren't going to that part until next week.

wish there was a way to put the minimap on the regular screen

i really can't afford to look all the way down at my gamepad in the middle of a race

Supa Horrnnn said:
I have a question.

Yeah, just go to the VERY first screen (where it says press A), and press A with the pro controller or the wiimote (or it could be 2 idk just try all buttons)

No-Face said:

i really can't afford to look all the way down at my gamepad in the middle of a race
I would like that as well. However, if I pause, it obstructs the map as well :\

No-Face said:

You can try to lift you gamepad to match the height of the TV, so it would take less time to look on it and look on the TV again.

By the way it seems that getting 1st in the four races is the only requirement to get 3 stars. I fell like five times in 150cc special cup and I still managed to get 3 stars.

New Super Mario said:
Just checking in really quick.

Got the game. Awesome.

Somehow I fell off of rainbow road and landed on the bottom part of the track. I seriously don't know if I just found an awesome shortcut or what, but yeah. I think it was shortly after the big space station part
I was watching GX footage and they used that shortcut in it, or at least a very similar one.

Welp, I beat the game. Watching "true" credits right now.

Now to get all the kart parts and beat the staff ghosts.

Nysic said:
150cc is easy unless you want 3 stars. I keep having to restart cups because I get Blue Shelled in front of the finish line and get 2nd.

The Star Cup 150cc did give me a headache for a while. I was only able to 2-star that cup with Shy Guy, but my own Mii saved the day afterwards.

I'm probably too reliant on the Biddybuggy at the moment, but since high acceleration can potentially save you from a disastrous predicament in this situation, don't fix what isn't broken.

Just finished unlocking all of the characters, really enjoying the game so far.

Magolor said:
I can safely say that Dolphin Shoals and Bone-Dry Ruins are my least favorite courses

Those are probably my least favorites, too. Not quite sure what my favorite is, though, there's quite a few good ones.

Magolor said:
Also, to those who have the game, how many of you have successfully Super Horned a Blue Shell?

I've done it twice.

I wish the next game had EVERY SINGLE COURSE IN THE HISTORY OF MARIO KART, INCLUDING THE ARCADE ONES.

I've dodged a Blue Shell with a Super Horn once.
I managed to get my free game though because of hackers or just plain lucky guessers, I lost out on 70 Club Nintendo Coins.

It was New Super Mario Bros U.

Back