Worst mario games

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
excluding the Cd-i games.

I'll say that the advanced tour ones were boring to me.

Mario is Missing

And any of the Virtual Boy games.

From what I played, I had the least fun playing Mario Kart DS and Super Mario Galaxy 2

Mario Kart DS for me. It was terribly BLAAAAAAAND.

Mario Party 5 & Mario Party 7 are also worth mentioning for me; I hate 7 more, but the main reason I hate them is because it's slow as hell AND the Party mode was really bad. Mario Party 9 actually wasn't so bad for me though. :p

I forgot to mention that New Super Mario Bros. 2 is worthy of being a bad game. Everyone knows it cleverly avoided comparisons such as "ground-breaking" and "awesome"

Timmy said:
Mario Kart DS for me. It was terribly BLAAAAAAAND.

Mario Party 5 & Mario Party 7 are also worth mentioning for me; I hate 7 more, but the main reason I hate them is because it's slow as hell AND the Party mode was really bad. Mario Party 9 actually wasn't so bad for me though. :p
How is Mario Kart DS a bad game? It's the second best Mario Kart title out there in my honest opinion.

Also, Mario Party 5 had Super Duel Mode, skill-based minigames and although the boards weren't that large, they were still neatly made. I mean, it's the only game you can throw Mushrooms out everywhere and people can land on them and stuff. That's pretty awesome if you ask me. Granted, I have nostalgia from it, so my views may or may not be clouded because of that. Also, while I was hateful of Mario Party 7 for a while, I rethought my stands on the game and found out I liked it more than Mario Party 4, and god damn I loved that game. Mario Party 7 has excellent music, awesome minigames and the boards — minus Pyramid Park, that is — are awesome.

On topic, Mario Party 9 was a fucking disappointment and New Super Mario Bros. 2 was a bland pile of nothingness for me.

Chiaki Nanami said:
How is Mario Kart DS a bad game? It's the second best Mario Kart title out there in my honest opinion.

Pathetic local multiplayer, pathetic roster, pathetic online (excused, since it was the first Nintendo game to use Wi-Fi) and pathetic items. It was the first game where computers can spam Spiny Shells at any will, any cc and the first game where Lightning is nearly useless to the 12th racer due to the varying times of regrowth.

Oh, and snaking ruined it. It made only the Egg 1 and the Dry Bomber the usable karts. I rejoiced when Mario Kart Wii addressed that issue.

There's probably more, but those are the ones I can think on top of my head.

I personally loved Kart DS - it's my favorite of the Kart games.

I'd say Super Sluggers, MP9, Lost Levels, and Super Circuit are my least favorite Mario games out of the ones that I've played.

I really disliked Mario Kart: Super Circuit. Just didn't find it very enjoyable.

I loved Mario Kart DS, but everyone has their own opinions I guess.
Worst Mario game I've personally played is Super Circuit, but Mario Party DS is in there. (Excluding obvious ones like Mario is Missing and Mario's Time Machine)

I'm one of the few people who actually liked Super Circuit. Oh well, whatever.

I found the inevitable skidding with each turn really annoying.

I didn't have a problem with it. What I did find awesome was the course design. I think its courses, for being 2D, were very fun to play in.

SMB Lost Levels

ragequit after world 1-3 after making a second file in SMAS

should have stuck with the impossible level in world 5

MKDS was awesome and is my favorite Mario Kart game, mostly because I can take it anywhere and it debuted the two best courses in the series: Airship Fortress and Waluigi Pinball.

Super Circuit did have nice courses, but the shitty control made it unplayable. MK64 had shitty control as well, but I don't hate it as much.

Anyways, I'm just going to reiterate what many said and say Mario Party 9, Mario Party 8, and Mario Super Sluggers are terrible.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Sticker Star.
Pretty much this. Even though I've warmed up to the game a bit since a month ago, I still maintain some bias against it. As I and many people have been saying in the Sticker Star thread, Miyamoto should have just let Intelligent Systems do their thing, and kept his nose out of it. It would be another thing entirely if he didn't have such hypocritical reasons for doing what he did.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Sticker Star.
Also this, everything feels soulless and the sticker system sucks really bad. You know how in RPGs you always hold off using your Elixirs and powerful items because you think you're needing them later? This is a game made solely about that.

I'm curious, what would all your answers be if you excluded sports/party/racing spinoffs?

Mine is probably Super Mario 64 DS.

If we're just talking about the main series, the American version of Super Mario Bros. 2. Otherwise,

Mario4Ever said:

Mario4Ever said:

I better get some popcorn before the show starts.

I didn't like Mario Party 4, that one in particular felt bland & boring to me, even though people say they love it, I cannot. I don't like Super Mario Kart. I don't like any of the original super Mario bros. games, which I pretty much mean 1 through 3.

I didn't particularly like the original Paper Mario either. Although I don't think any of these games are bad, I just don't like them.

Mario4Ever said:

You HAVE to be kidding. Get outta here. You don't know what you're saying. It's easily one of the best Mario games out and definitely the best RPG Mario has.

Mario Party, after the 4th has, has sucked. I give a special mention to 7 and 8.

Also, are we gonna have a "Worst" thread for EVERYTHING?

Back