Worst mario games

Now, you could argue that these things aren't bad at all, because they make you think and explore, but that's like saying that it's better for your car to break down every time you wanna go somewhere, because it makes you think and learn how to repair engines before getting the desired result, which in SM64's case, would be the challenge of a platformer.

Some aspects in Super Mario 64 do have some stuff where you have to figure out what you should do while other parts is where the game assumes you know what you should do because you designed the game or something.

The point I'm trying to make is that if it's fun trying to figure out what you should do next, it's fine. Having an engine breaking down isn't a good analogy to entertainment like Super Mario 64, but I get your drift anyhow. But some parts (like the slide time thing) isn't done right for figuring out what you should do. There are absolutely no hints whatsoever. Just running out into the blue isn't good game design; it's random. That's not good; players should be able to 100% the game without a guide.

It's just like the blue coins from Super Mario Sunshine. They're not put in good hiding places. I don't like randomly spraying a wall in hope of a shine mark for a blue coin. Assuming the players knew where you hid stuff (speaking from a game designer's point of view) is not good and it makes for a very arduous experience for the player trying to find stuff.

Meh, I like Galaxy only for the space theme and the music.

Yoshidude99 said:
I like most of my Mario games the only ones I don't like as much are the originals SMB-SMB3.
you clearly have no taste in video games because SMB3 is the greatest mario game of all time

Cornelius Van Wyck Lawrence said:
Yoshidude99 said:
I like most of my Mario games the only ones I don't like as much are the originals SMB-SMB3.
you clearly have no taste in video games because SMB3 is the greatest mario game of all time

I know. It's scientifically proven impossible to not like this game. There's a certain aspect of it that makes this game more perfect than any other game anyone has ever played. If you think other games are better than this, then you are a non-believer and we burn non-believers.

It could do without the lack of Baby Luigi though

Baby Luigi said:
Yoshidude99 said:

I know. It's scientifically proven impossible to not like this game. There's a certain aspect of it that makes this game more perfect than any other game anyone has ever played. If you think other games are better than this, then you are a non-believer and we burn non-believers.

It could do without the lack of Baby Luigi though
exactly anybody who dislikes this game is a terrible person I mean this game has the mother fucking goomba's shoe in it

@BabyLuigi, you know, games can never age. No matter who old they are, they will always be the same experience each time round.

Yoshidude99 said:
It might have been for me if I was around when it was released but I just don't like the NES era games that much. I still play them from time to time though.

Baby Luigi said:
Meh, I like Galaxy only for the space theme and the music.

Pretty much the only good things, every thing else is really bleh.

Baby Luigi said:
Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario 64 aged pretty badly.

dude you're younger than sm64 itself

you're the one that aged badly

Why the hell are you comparing a nonliving thing that cannot grow and develop to a living thing that can renew itself? What's your freaking point?

why are you describing a nonliving thing that cannot grow and develop as 'aging,' seeing as you are defining it as so?

Baby Luigi said:
it has bad graphics lel

yeah no shit, this applies to every game. tell me what game from '96 has 'aged well' that you're comparatively saying SM64 'aged badly' against

Baby Luigi said:
I played Super Mario 64 DS first.

get out

Baby Luigi said:
the controls in 64ds are better!

there is no greater falsehood than this

that game has the utmost worst controls of any mario game ever

the controls in sm64 are the tightest out of any of the platformers. the sprinting bullshit is atrocious in sm64ds and the camera is not any better than it was in sm64

Baby Luigi said:
Compared to the DS version, the 64 looks really bad.

you're really insistent about those graphics. amazing how they managed to not get worse between 1996 and 2004

Oh and BTW, I was born in 1995.
IXRmY.jpg

Baby Luigi said:
Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario 64 aged pretty badly.

dude you're younger than sm64 itself

you're the one that aged badly

Why the hell are you comparing a nonliving thing that cannot grow and develop to a living thing that can renew itself? What's your freaking point?

why are you describing a nonliving thing that cannot grow and develop as 'aging,' seeing as you are defining it as so?

Because "aging" is a term to describe an old game that used to be fun at its time but improvements made during the modern era outdates it.

Seriously, just ask anyone else here on this forum.

Baby Luigi said:
it has bad graphics lel

yeah no *bleep*, this applies to every game. tell me what game from '96 has 'aged well' that you're comparatively saying SM64 'aged badly' against

Stop cherry-picking what I said and read the entire thing.

Baby Luigi said:
I played Super Mario 64 DS first.

get out

Ok, come and make me get out. Or better yet, tell me why I should I be playing older games first? What's wrong with playing the newer version first? If anything, not everyone can be born at the time of Super Mario 64's creation and while I was born prior to it, I wasn't interested in it since I always had a multiplayer partner so I preferred multiplayer games.

Besides, playing a newer version of the game completely gets rid of nostalgia blinding your vision on what the game actually is.

Baby Luigi said:
the controls in 64ds are better!

the controls in sm64 are the tightest out of any of the platformers. the sprinting bull*bleep* is atrocious in sm64ds and the camera is not any better than it was in sm64

Of course there isn't greater falsehood than this, it's called an opinion

I can call your statement false too, but guess what, we aren't going anywhere. The controls are bad in Super Mario 64 DS just because you can't sprint? I find the camera placement more convienent in Super Mario 64 DS due to the touch screen controls, and while it's still pretty bad, it's much better than Super Mario 64's.

And then again, you cherry-pick my statements and completely ignore why I said Super Mario 64 DS controls are better.

Baby Luigi said:
Compared to the DS version, the 64 looks really bad.

you're really insistent about those graphics. amazing how they managed to not get worse between 1996 and 2004

You're really insistent in using cherry-picking for using an argument. I probably guess you don't know what cherry-picking means, so I'll provide you with a definition, ok?

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

i addressed literally everything you had in your post. your argument was:

*graphics
*controls
*camera

Also, you did not respond to any of the questions I asked about your arguments, instead replying to everysingle one with "you cherry picker you lol i'm not answering that" and failed to back up any of your arguments. I'm not taking you seriously until you back up your statements with relevant responses, not copy-pasting "cherry-picking" onto every quote

Also, you did not respond to any of the questions I asked about your arguments, instead replying to everysingle one with "you cherry picker you lol i'm not answering that" and failed to back up any of your arguments. I'm not taking you seriously until you back up your statements with relevant responses, not copy-pasting "cherry-picking" onto every quote

Because you HAD being cherry-picking my posts. You can't defend your stance in your position if you just pick out quotes you can use against me while ignoring the whole picture of what I said. It doesn't work that way. It's a logical fallacy and it doesn't support your argument in any way.

You said this:

yeah no *bleep*, this applies to every game. tell me what game from '96 has 'aged well' that you're comparatively saying SM64 'aged badly' against

And I said this:

I meant that Super Mario 64 was ground-breaking for its time. It's one of the first games to play on a 3D environment with a dynamic camera. It's also one of the first 3D platformers. The graphics were superb, the music was phenomenal. Of course, putting it into perspective, this was all the way back in the 90's, where technology is still relatively developing.

Your argument is just a selective belief of what I said. I said that the graphics were GREAT for their time. You just completely ignored that and decided to take the quote I said that the graphics are bad compared to modern times

It's obvious, I know, but I'm trying to back up my statement mentioning that a game has aged badly.

That's the reason I did not respond to any of your posts is that you just picked out the most controversial information I said while completely ignoring the entire picture of this situation.

You're not taking me seriously? I'm trying to be logical here and I am not certainly not copy-pasting "cherry-picking" on every post. I can't take you seriously if you simply copy selective information of what I said and present it as an argument.

You still didn't answer my questions from the previous post so I will assume you don't have a legitimate answer and declare this argument concluded.

gg no re

So you're just flat-out ignoring that what you're arguing is a complete logical fallacy? You're basically saying this to me: "LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Maybe a refresher would sum up what I said because you still don't understand

[quote author=Question]
[/quote]

[quote author=Answer]
Because "aging" is a term to describe an old game that used to be fun at its time but improvements made during the modern era outdates it.
[/quote]

[quote author=Question]
[/quote]

The Legend of Zelda, Starfox 64, Final Fantasy 7, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island has all aged much better than Super Mario 64

[quote author=Question???]
get out
[/quote]

That's not a question, that's a nonconstructive imperative statement

[quote author=Question]

the controls in sm64 are the tightest out of any of the platformers. the sprinting bull*bleep* is atrocious in sm64ds and the camera is not any better than it was in sm64
[/quote]

[quote author=Answer]
Of course there isn't greater falsehood than this, it's called an opinion

I can call your statement false too, but guess what, we aren't going anywhere. The controls are bad in Super Mario 64 DS just because you can't sprint? I find the camera placement more convienent in Super Mario 64 DS due to the touch screen controls, and while it's still pretty bad, it's much better than Super Mario 64's.
[/quote]

[quote author=Answer]
That game is remade and has pretty much improved aspects compared to Super Mario 64. A better camera, less wonky controls (but the D pad doesn't really help)
[/quote]

[quote author=Answer]
The controls are even more terrible than Super Mario 64 DS, especially with that wonky N64 controller
[/quote]

[quote author=Question]
[/quote]

That's not a question, that's an assumption and a sarcastic statement that does not help your stance in any way.

[quote author=Answer]
I meant that Super Mario 64 was ground-breaking for its time. It's one of the first games to play on a 3D environment with a dynamic camera. It's also one of the first 3D platformers. The graphics were superb, the music was phenomenal. Of course, putting it into perspective, this was all the way back in the 90's, where technology is still relatively developing.

From today's perspective, though, Super Mario 64 has wonky controls, highly unreliable camera, and pretty bad graphics. It's unfair to compare to today, because technology has evolved. Still, it has remained like this, of course.

The reason I felt this way is that I played Super Mario 64 DS first. That game is remade and has pretty much improved aspects compared to Super Mario 64. A better camera, less wonky controls (but the D pad doesn't really help), better graphics, etc. Compared to the DS version, the 64 looks really bad.
[/quote]

This argument is about as boring as watching paint dry.

Back