Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Why would they be?

I heard that they are.

Plus, Ravioli is probably censored, too.

Shazam
Penelope
HM Slave
Conan
Connor
Basement
Dirty
Bug
Sucks
Poof
Assassin
Rock

These are some few censored words.

I think "Slave" is censored.

So is "Killer". And "Weed". And even "censor" itself.

BUT, "meth", "herpes", "marijuana", and "cocaine" are a-okay.

This censoring is beyond ridiculous.

Smaug said:
Why would they be?

Viol means "rape" in French and "pik" is another word for a male genital in Dutch. I guess.

Ohhhhh, different languages. I never thought about that, but I guess you're right.

Of course, they could have just made the censorship change with what language you selected for the game, but I dunno. That'd make too much sense.

Or just don't put the flipping censorship in the first place, ESPECIALLY when you're playing single player.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
I think "Slave" is censored.

So is "Killer". And "Weed". And even "censor" itself.

BUT, "meth", "herpes", "marijuana", and "cocaine" are a-okay.

This censoring is beyond ridiculous.

Smaug said:
Why would they be?

Viol means "rape" in French and "pik" is another word for a male genital in Dutch. I guess.
It sounds kind of crazy, but I guess Nintendo thought that young kids/10 year olds don't know those words. However, a lot of adults and teenagers play the game too, so naming their Pokemon that and sending it to an excited, young little trainer via Wonder Trade will most likely make that innocent kid say it everywhere: school, home, etc.

It really is ridiculous. Nintendo might want to revisit their censoring in the future.

Edit: Also, with the immature acts that have been going around the world today, kids probably DO know those words' meanings.

I managed to nickname my Ditto 'Sex Bomb' by using the accented 'e'. I wonder if some little kid picked it up when I sent it through wonder trade.

I hear a lot of stuff about people getting poor wondertraded pokes from japanese players, but most of the stuff i get tend to be alright.

the end times as foretold by the book of revelations begins with japanese pansages

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Yanappu, and Hell followed with him.

I got three Bidoofs in a row once.

Honestly, I've never gotten anything 'great' from Wondertrade. Occasionally gotten stuff I hadn't caught, but other than that... *shrug*

I've gotten more into GTS because I actually have a chance at getting something decent from that. You, after you get through all the people offering Lv1 Magikarp for Yveltal.

Wonder Trade is like a social experiment. It's like "Let's give you the option to trade ANY Pokemon, and see if people trade crap or good things". Most of it is the former. Although normally, it's because if people get something bad from wonder trade, they just wonder trade THAT out as well.

half the time i get a damn scatterbug
mothafuckin scatterbug
seriously what is with people and that piece of shit scatterbug
one time i traded like an eevee for a scatterbug and then the scatterbug for another and the chain continued for like 2 straight trades
ended up with a whiscash which is ok

Erika said:
half the time i get a dang scatterbug
motha*bleep*in scatterbug
seriously what is with people and that piece of *bleep* scatterbug
one time i traded like an eevee for a scatterbug and then the scatterbug for another and the chain continued for like 2 straight trades
ended up with a whiscash which is ok

Still, though, Scatterbug can be cool, if you evolve it into Vivillon and it has a different pattern. Unfortunately, if you don't have a Vivillon Friend Safari, the only way you can get them is by catching scatterbugs and evolving them. Maybe they WERE trying to be nice that way.

Back