Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Jasmine said:
trick room is my favourite move

It does come down to which Pokemon can effectively take advantage of that move though. Swift Swim users, such as Huntail and Omastar, pretty much have no use for Trick Room, especially with the additional access to Shell Smash.

Mega Abomasnow, on the other hand, would greatly take advantage of Trick Room, thanks to its base 30 speed.

Purple Yoshi said:
Hey, I'm not saying I LIKED the Mega Evolution story. I'm just saying they focused on that instead of Team Flare, and that's why it felt like the climax came out of nowhere.
Team Flare was just stupid though like all of the plots post Gold and Silver

MnSG said:
It does come down to which Pokemon can effectively take advantage of that move though. Swift Swim users, such as Huntail and Omastar, pretty much have no use for Trick Room, especially with the additional access to Shell Smash.

Mega Abomasnow, on the other hand, would greatly take advantage of Trick Room, thanks to its base 30 speed.
Oh shit! I didn't realise the move that makes fast Pokemon slower might be, *gasp*, bad for fast Pokemon! My eyes have been opened! Thank you so much for your oh-so valuable input.

I have to agree there, I thought the villain plots in Gen I & II were pretty interesting but afterwards they just felt like an afterthought. Even more so with Team Flare, I'm not sure whether them not being implemented into the game would do nothing to the overall quality, or maybe it would make the story (or lack thereof) slightly more bearable/better.

The rivals/friends were pretty hollow and boring too, whenever I saw them I cringed, get rid of them all except the main rival and there would be no difference. This is just my opinion (one that people will disagree with), but sadly X & Y were a let down. Bummer.

I agree with you regarding the story and the other protagonists, though the postgame sidequest was decent.

I must be the only one that thought Platinum's story was better than Gen I and II's.

Clair said:
I must be the only one that thought Platinum's story was better than Gen I and II's.

Platinum's was pretty good, I admit.

Team Plasma in BW1 was the best team. No question. :P Best story too, in some part because of them. Also N, rawwrrr.

Candice said:
Oh most definately. Platinum's story was so much more complex than Gen I-III combined.

well considering pokemon is shit when it comes to story thats not really surprising

only story in main pokemon games worth mentioning is b/w.

Falkner said:
so basically all the plots are good apart from x/y yet all the plots are lame. okay then.

huh

only good plot was in b/w

even though by many rpg standards the stories are not very good or interesting.

personally though if you want a pokemon game with a good story then id suggest mystery dungeon games. As they're not too bad.

But the pokemon main games hardly ever focus on story so lol.

Jasmine said:
Oh *bleep*! I didn't realise the move that makes fast Pokemon slower might be, *gasp*, bad for fast Pokemon! My eyes have been opened! Thank you so much for your oh-so valuable input.

I can do without the sarcasm there.

MnSG said:
Jasmine said:
Oh *bleep*! I didn't realise the move that makes fast Pokemon slower might be, *gasp*, bad for fast Pokemon! My eyes have been opened! Thank you so much for your oh-so valuable input.

and said person wont care in the least.

Clair said:
You mean the one where a bunch of guys joined an organization that they knew nothing about and just said "fuck it roll with it?"
santanoice said:
Team Plasma in BW1 was the best team. No question. :P Best story too, in some part because of them. Also N, rawwrrr.
You mean the story where they tried to address the morality of pokemon battles only to have nobody actually openly question Team N to their faces outside off like one person I think.

Zae said:
MnSG said:
Jasmine said:
and said person wont care in the least.
1367898508979.png

Fearless Fosdick said:
santanoice said:
You mean the story where they tried to address the morality of pokemon battles only to have nobody actually openly question Team N to their faces outside off like one person I think.
Yes, that is the peak of Pokemon storytelling.

santanoice said:
Fearless Fosdick said:
santanoice said:
That might be the sadest thing i've ever heard

santanoice said:
Fearless Fosdick said:
santanoice said:

Tbh, it didn't necessarily have to be deep and thought-provoking, but you could tell, unlike in XY, the team really put a lot of attention into it (maybe more than the Pokemon designs...I dunno). Think about it, BW was the only game where the intro was actually an intro to the story, with N's crowning and all that, and not just generic pictures of trainers and pokemon.

Purple Yoshi said:
santanoice said:
Fearless Fosdick said:
santanoice said:

Tbh, it didn't necessarily have to be deep and thought-provoking, but you could tell, unlike in XY, the team really put a lot of attention into it (maybe more than the Pokemon designs...I dunno). Think about it, BW was the only game where the intro was actually an intro to the story, with N's crowning and all that, and not just generic pictures of trainers and pokemon.

too bad this is the only time the main pokemon game storylines actually got to a decent point of story in this game and thats like it really.

Again, main pokemon games arent there for story, its pretty obvious at this point.

Fun fact: "Arse" is censored. I tried to name my Clawitzer "arsenal" and it wouldn't let me. Stupid unintentional censors.

I chuckled. Oh, Nintendo and your attempts to avoid offending anyone in any way possible.

Back