Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Pearl said:
so then my froakie would be the best pokemon to use there?

You still have a Froakie and you're at the fossil cave area?

That makes sense, my Chespin evolved into Quilladin just before the first gym leader and that evolved into Chesnaught just before the third gym leader.

Crackin355 said:
That makes sense, my Chespin evolved into Quilladin just before the first gym leader and that evolved into Chesnaught just before the third gym leader.
Mine (both Quilladin and Chesnaught) evolved a gym later than yours
lucky duck
But seriously, loving this game.
Anybody surprised about Lysandre being Team Flare's leader? It was kinda obvious for me :P

Gage42 said:
Anybody surprised about Lysandre being Team Flare's leader? It was kinda obvious for me :P

That was so ridiculously unsurprising, I was expecting the game to throw a curve ball at you at some point and make it turn out to be someone else entirely.

Kind of disappointed it didn't happen.

character with unique sprite and weird hairdo must either be the champion or the evil team villain

and considering his hair matched up with the villains, i was 99% sure he was the villain.

but you never know. i would have been surprised (pleasantly) if diantha ended up being the villain, and then lysandre teamed up with his older brother alder and they helped you fight team flare

Hawlucha said:
Zae said:
Then get to the final battle which has the coolest boss theme in pokeeeeeeeeman
Correction: that would be the Kanto Champion music.

Correction: That would be Spear Pillar.

Anyone got a Dusclops they could trade me? Or at least a high level Duskull?

EDIT: Nvm

I was honestly expecting Alexa to be a bit more important. Considering she was one of the first characters revealed, it's a shame she didn't do much.

Luke Atmey said:
anyone want to battle, even though i haven't even beaten the second gym yet?

oh ho, sounds like you're about on my level
but that doesn't really matter i'm not really confident enough to play online lol

Guys, what level should I be to take on the Elite Four? I'm level 59 now. I put the EXP Share on through most of Victory Road, and my Pokemon grew 6 levels!

Crackin355 said:
Pearl said:
so then my froakie would be the best pokemon to use there?

You still have a Froakie and you're at the fossil cave area?
I still had Froakie and Charmander until like the 5th Gym. I don't evolve my guys until they have awesome movesets.

Deku Link said:
I didn't test it out either since I was just like "XERNEAS YOU WILL BE MINE!" and threw a Master Ball.
I've trained myself to only use Master Balls on roamers because those guys are pains in the butt.

Purple Yoshi said:
Hawlucha said:
Box legendaries as of Gen V are easier to catch than other legendaries.

Not sure about Gen IV though.

Gen 4 was 30 catch rate. Although I think Giratina was still 3.

The reason it was so high in Gen 5 is you had to CATCH the legendary. If you killed it, it wouldn't work. Does that happen in Gen 6 as well? I didn't test it out.
In Gen 5, if you didn't catch Zekrom or Reshiram it would just challenge you to another battle straight after.

Gabumon said:
I just caught Yveltal with a single Pokéball. I am confused. Is that supposed to happen? What about throwing 50 balls at the legendary and then giving up like usual? Help? Error? What?

Did you catch your legendaries with a single ball too?
I caught Lugia in Crystal with a single Ultra Ball but never a Pokeball. Congrats!
ゴジラ said:
Hawlucha said:
Zae said:
Then get to the final battle which has the coolest boss theme in pokeeeeeeeeman
Correction: that would be the Johto Champion music.
FTFY
^ Yeah this.

Wikstrom is amazing! Finally, a steel trainer who dresses appropriately: In full plate mail.

Definitely my favorite of all the trainers I have seen in the game so far! I have yet to encounter the water and dragon trainers and the champion (whose identity I already know because I was spoiled), but I am reasonably sure they will not be able to top this guy.

Correction: Siebold is pretty neat too.

Purple Yoshi said:
Guys, what level should I be to take on the Elite Four? I'm level 59 now.

Mine might have been mid-to-high sixties.

Mine were in the mid 70s somehow, which is weird, because usually I struggle to be at level 50 when reaching the Elite 4. After beating the champion, they were just about to reach level 80.

Blaine said:
Mine were in the mid 70s somehow, which is weird, because usually I struggle to be at level 50 when reaching the Elite 4.

Had you been using Exp Share up to that point?

man I want y so much.....
in the meantime I'm here reading plot spoilers (I don't mind plot spoilers, I like them in some cases)

Back