Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

New Super Mario said:
MnSG said:
I don't mean to be a downer, but Venoshock is rather pointless if you don't have a move that can poison the opponent.
I don't understand.

It's been taking some opponents out in one hit for me.
It's a mediocre poison move.

Sludge Bomb is much better for Roserade. BTW, what level did you evolve Roselia into Roserade? If you did it too early, it won't learn any good moves.

Michael Myers said:
New Super Mario said:
MnSG said:
I don't mean to be a downer, but Venoshock is rather pointless if you don't have a move that can poison the opponent.
I don't understand.

Sludge Bomb is much better for Roserade. BTW, what level did you evolve Roselia into Roserade? If you did it too early, it won't learn any good moves.
Well, I haven't gotten the chance to learn any new poison moves thus far.

And I think I evolved it at like 40 or so. Is that bad?

New Super Mario said:
Michael Myers said:
New Super Mario said:
MnSG said:
I don't understand.

Yeah, that's okay. That is, assuming X and Y didn't change the moves Roselia learns by leveling up.

Michael Myers said:
New Super Mario said:
Michael Myers said:
New Super Mario said:
MnSG said:
I don't understand.

Yeah, that's okay. That is, assuming X and Y didn't change the moves Roselia learns by leveling up.
Alright, sounds good.

About a better poison move, if you find the TM for Sludge Bomb, give it to Roserade. It's the best special poison move Roserade gets. Roserade is a special attacker, not physical. So don't give it physical moves.

Michael Myers said:
About a better poison move, if you find the TM for Sludge Bomb, give it to Roserade. It's the best special poison move Roserade gets. Roserade is a special attacker, not physical. So don't give it physical moves.
According to some site it's at

Route 19

so I'll probably just look for it when I get there. :D

And yeah, I don't give it physical moves, I usually just pwn people with Absorb and Mega Drain.

Michael Myers said:
It doesn't know Absorb AND Mega Drain does it? Bad idea. Dump both moves and have it learn Giga Drain.
It knows both, hehe.

It hasn't given me the option to learn Giga Drain either, and all the moves that do come up are lame "raise defense" or "lower enemy attack" stuff like that,

Absorb and Mega Drain are essentially the same move, except Mega Drain is only slightly stronger. Both are pretty weak. Find the Energy Ball TM for a good special grass move.

Tharja said:
Mario4Ever said:
Try having the game. ;)

Mario4Ever used Will-O-Wisp!
I am part fire type and fire types cannot be burned.

once again typing saves the day.

New Super Mario said:
MnSG said:
I don't understand.

Either they're low leveled, or they're poisoned. Venoshock requires a Pokemon to be poisoned for it to be very effective. Because of that, Sludge Bomb is a better Poison-type special attack to use, in general.

I was breeding for a perfect IV'd Sigilyph and out hatched a shiny. :yoshi:

It has bad IVs. :boshi:

Doesn't breeding for a shiny make it lose its rarity? If you have so many, they aren't that special anymore...

Like, I only have 1 shiny that I've ever caught in 4 Pokemon games. I haven't even SEEN a shiny in ALL of Gen 5!

i still find it fun (and potentially rewarding) to collect them, and the entire point of breeding for one is actually getting it?? so i dont see how it loses its rarity once you get it

...no they can't.

source: bulbapedia
The burn status is evidently associated closely with the Fire type, since most moves which can burn belong to this type, Pokémon of this type are immune to burns, and the Fire-type Pokémon exclusive Flame Body has a chance to burn on contact.

I could have sworn I burned one a few days ago. Oh well.

Mario4Ever said:
I could have sworn I burned one a few days ago. Oh well.

Did its typing get changed? Fire-types can only be burned if their typing got altered by certain moves, such as Soak.

Back