Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Neptune, I am online now
Let us trade. I don't care what you give, better be something new for my Pokedex

Dr. Javelin said:
hawlucha is my new favorite gen VI pokemon

he's so awesome, he just flies around and beats the crap out of people
high five

except mine's a she

Radagast the Brown said:
IF YOU LOVE HIM SO MUCH, WHY DON'T YOU MARRY HIM

because then i would be cheating on charmander, of course

eh, were you trying to get a specific avatar? thats just the rotating image

being married to bulbasaur would be entirely too masturbatory

Dr. Javelin said:
hawlucha is my new favorite gen VI pokemon

he's so awesome, he just flies around and beats the crap out of people
Ew Fighting pokemon

Hawlucha is also good competitively. Here's the set I'm running on my competitive team right now:

El Macho (Hawlucha) (M) @ Fighting Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Power-Up Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Basically, he uses Power-Up Punch, which boosts his attack, triggers the Fighting Gem, deals some damage, and also activates Unburden, raising his speed to stupidly high levels. Then you just sweep with High Jump Kick and Acrobatics.

Roost is there in case I need to heal off some weak priority move, like Ice Shard, so I won't get KO'd during the sweep because I'm at 10% health.

You should've kept Flying Press. The animation for that attack is amazing.

Also, where exactly are the gems? Are they in dustclouds again because I haven't seen any.

Well, that's the set I'm running on Pokemon Showdown. Not sure where you could find the gems in-game.

And Flying Press honestly isn't as good as other attacks, it's resisted by a lot of types and you might as well just use High Jump Kick or Acrobatics to attack.

Dr. Javelin said:
Well, that's the set I'm running on Pokemon Showdown. Not sure where you could find the gems in-game.

And Flying Press honestly isn't as good as other attacks, it's resisted by a lot of types and you might as well just use High Jump Kick or Acrobatics to attack.

Flying Press is quite devastating against Pokemon like Abomasnow, Sawsbuck, Pangoro, and even Breloom. That attack alone deals more damage than Hi Jump Kick against three of those four Pokemon, but Acrobatics is more effective against Breloom.

Similarly, Freeze-Dry apparently gives Ludicolo, Swampert, Gyarados, and Kingdra, a double weakness.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the dual-type move.

Like...so...couldn't there actually be a typing where that move would be 8x effective against a Pokemon? That's what I'm wondering...

Gosh, I wonder if more dual type moves will come.

MnSG said:
Flying Press is quite devastating against Pokemon like Abomasnow, Sawsbuck, Pangoro, and even Breloom. That attack alone deals more damage than Hi Jump Kick against three of those four Pokemon, but Acrobatics is more effective against Breloom.
yeah but you can still OHKO all of those with a +1 High Jump Kick, so it doesn't matter

and High Jump Kick hits a wider range of people than Flying Press

So, I just started! Yay!

My Fennekin is Jolly, (of course :-[) but I got a female on my first try, so screw it. It clearly wants me to have one with a bad nature. I guess I can just use super training, anyway.

Dr. Javelin said:
MnSG said:
yeah but you can still OHKO all of those with a +1 High Jump Kick, so it doesn't matter

Perhaps, but Flying Press is less likely to miss, and doesn't have the crash damage penalty. On the other hand, it's only really useful against things that are weak against Fighting-type attacks, AND Flying-type attacks. If a Pokemon isn't weak against both of those types, then Flying Press will deal less damage than Hi Jump Kick and Acrobatics.

On a side note, even with Unburden, Hawlucha should probably still have a +Speed nature, since without a +Speed nature, it'll get outsped by any Pokemon with a 104+ base speed if they're using +Speed natures, and some of them can actually wipe out Hawlucha with a single blow.

A Jolly Hawlucha can have a speed value of up to 736 with the Unburden ability, which in return enables it to outspeed even Swift Swim Floatzel.

Purple Yoshi said:
So, I just started! Yay!

My Fennekin is Jolly, (of course :-[) but I got a female on my first try, so screw it. It clearly wants me to have one with a bad nature. I guess I can just use super training, anyway.

If you don't beat it within three days, you will be branded as a disgrace forever.

MnSG said:
Dr. Javelin said:
MnSG said:

Perhaps, but Flying Press is less likely to miss, and doesn't have the crash damage penalty. On the other hand, it's only really useful against things that are weak against Fighting-type attacks, AND Flying-type attacks. If a Pokemon isn't weak against both of those types, then Flying Press will deal less damage than Hi Jump Kick and Acrobatics.

On a side note, even with Unburden, Hawlucha should probably still have a +Speed nature, since without a +Speed nature, it'll get outsped by any Pokemon with a 104+ base speed if they're using +Speed natures, and some of them can actually wipe out Hawlucha with a single blow.

A Jolly Hawlucha can have a speed value of up to 736 with the Unburden ability, which in return enables it to outspeed even Swift Swim Floatzel.
Hawlucha's Attack stat really needs the boost from Adamant nature. 126 or so base Speed is really high, most people who are that high don't have +1 speed so Hawlucha outspeeds anyways.

Back